Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spg bonus points deducted

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Spg bonus points deducted

I'm seeing an entry with points classified as bonus that are being deducted (close to 10K) from my account on the spg site even though I have no returns or refunds for any transactions on my spg credit card. Anybody know why/when something like this can happen?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:02 am

Nope. Surely you've called SPG to fine out?

Cheers,
Old Nov 28, 2016, 4:25 pm

I had three transactions that show 71 points added and then 71 points subtracted then 82 points added. Not sure what it is all about, but it's not from stays (had none in November) or from my SPG cards (those all line up to the statements).

Assumed they were Small Business Saturday but haven't had a minute to call and find out.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Did you have any unexplained bonus points credit to your account? Sounds like they're trying to correct a mistake.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Did you have any unexplained bonus points credit to your account? Sounds like they're trying to correct a mistake.
In my case, I will have my AMEX statements in about a week, so I thought I'd wait and see if I can tell if they are SB Saturday credits from there. Some of them show up as SPG AMEX Open (presumably the business card) and one shows up as SPG/MAR Loyalty Bonus -- which come to think of it, might be the extra point on a Marriott stay last month that was charged to my SPG card.

It looked to me like a correction of a mistake as well. But without the information from Amex that will only appear when the statement is run, it's hard to track down. So I will wait, get my statement and then call if I don't figure it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.