Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Gold; 3 nights from PLT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: SPG Plat and that is that!
Legit 2 Hotel, Same Night Scenario

Topical to this thread ... I had not considered until now this may not be what I had hoped.

I am actually driving to an airport hotel, checking in, and taking advantage of the parking there while I'm gone, on Dec 16. Then, that same night, I'll be checking in to a different hotel, different state, for 4 nights.

With this counting as 2 eligible stays, I will hit exactly 25 stays for this calendar year ... so I'm counting on it counting as 2.

Does the board here believe this won't automatically count as 2 stays? This is not a mattress run, its a legit plan. If it won't count, I'd just not use the parking option at the first hotel.

Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by EC Traveler
Topical to this thread ... I had not considered until now this may not be what I had hoped.

I am actually driving to an airport hotel, checking in, and taking advantage of the parking there while I'm gone, on Dec 16. Then, that same night, I'll be checking in to a different hotel, different state, for 4 nights.

With this counting as 2 eligible stays, I will hit exactly 25 stays for this calendar year ... so I'm counting on it counting as 2.

Does the board here believe this won't automatically count as 2 stays? This is not a mattress run, its a legit plan. If it won't count, I'd just not use the parking option at the first hotel.

Thanks!

Legit. And should count. If it doesn't post as such I'd email research. And I would keep all the emails and folios till Feb 2018 when your Plat status expires. In case issues are raised later
Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by EC Traveler

Thanks!
You may find the system to kick out one of the two stays (and probably the one earning the most points) as logic says you can't be in two places at once and they only drill down to the night of the stay. Now you may be able to get SPG to force the second stay to count.

What's your pain threshold? If the hotel parking option is not the most cost effective without the stay and/or you don't want to go through the hassle, then parking elsewhere makes sense. Remember the T&Cs call for the member to pay and stay, but you are not staying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.