Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Starwood layoffs just the start of Marriott acquisition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood layoffs just the start of Marriott acquisition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What about Asia Pacific? I know Starwood has some top executives in Kuala Lumper.
Stephen Ho is still there.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Oh please, that article was pure BS in terms of puffing up Marriott as a leader in innovation. ... I honestly can't think of anything that program has innovated.
Innovation pretty much means who invented it or got there first. Doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is the benefits in those programs in which I actively participate and favor (AA, QR and SPG). Whether a program invented the benefit or copied it from someone else, I care only about what benefits the program/benefit is providing to me, not its origin.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by UASPG
What happened to the guy (AFAIK British) who used to run Asia Pacific? I think his name was something like Atwater.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What happened to the guy (AFAIK British) who used to run Asia Pacific? I think his name was something like Atwater.
Wayne Buckingham?

https://sg.linkedin.com/in/wayne-buckingham-0b937143
Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by UASPG
And has been made CEO of Greater China for Marriott.

http://news.marriott.com/p/stephe/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.