Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood / Marriott Hotel Award Map

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG and UA
Starwood / Marriott Hotel Award Map

After the Marriott merger officially went through a couple weeks ago I found myself trying to find new Marriott properties that I would be interested in visiting or using points at. The award category page on the Marriott page was mildly infuriating so I put this website together to easily filter Starwood, Marriott and Ritz Carlton properties and see redemption rates.

http://www.starwoodmap.com

It's pretty simple right now but gets the job done for me. Would love to hear your guys thoughts on it and if you have any recommendations on how to make it better
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Awesome tool, thanks for creating and sharing!
Old Oct 11, 2016, 12:24 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I can't seem to get pass 'Select a program' on Mozilla Firefox. IE works fine though.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:56 am

Simple but really Great tool. Neither Starwood nor Marriott have a nice map to locate properties. Just one bug: on FF you cannot select "both programs".
Old Oct 11, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Nice, although Award Mapper would let you do the same thing by just selecting SPG and Marriott.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:21 am

nice work, thanks for sharing!
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
This is a terrific tool - thank you, trillo88.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:44 am

Excellent, I like it.
Thanks much!
Old Oct 11, 2016, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG and UA
Thanks for pointing out the issue with Firefox, just got that fixed. Glad you guys can find some use out of it!

Also the problem I had with using the Award Mapper one was their filter is just based off of points so even if I selected Marriott and SPG the filter doesn't account for the difference in points value. For example if I searched 15,000 - 30,000 points I'd be getting SPG's highest category hotels while getting only mid-tier Marriott properties
Old Oct 11, 2016, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Nice tool, thanks!

You may want to add a +/- tool so we can zoom in/out. It might already be there but if so is hidden under the tables and I can't click it (on Google Chrome).
Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Nice tool, thanks!

You may want to add a +/- tool so we can zoom in/out. It might already be there but if so is hidden under the tables and I can't click it (on Google Chrome).

Good point. I, too, could not find a zoom or +|- feature on the map. I suspect it might be in the lower right hand corner, but this is covered by the hotel selection boxes. I use Firefox.

Zooming in was no problem - it happened when I clicked a point on the map to see where a hotel was located - but then I was unable to zoom back out to see the other hotels located in that city.

Otherwise, it's a terrific tool.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Very useful, thanks.

And it reminded me how much category inflation Marriott has undergone.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks Trillo88. I've already used it twice to find hotels with closer proximity to where I need to be. You might let us know how much $ you have invested, and we can pool a reimbursal fund to mitigate expenses. Thanks again.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 4:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Good point. I, too, could not find a zoom or +|- feature on the map. I suspect it might be in the lower right hand corner, but this is covered by the hotel selection boxes. I use Firefox.

Zooming in was no problem - it happened when I clicked a point on the map to see where a hotel was located - but then I was unable to zoom back out to see the other hotels located in that city.

I use Safari. The zoom function is in the lower right corner of the screen while the hotel selection boxes are in the upper right corner of the screen.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
Originally Posted by AKCuisine

I use Safari. The zoom function is in the lower right corner of the screen while the hotel selection boxes are in the upper right corner of the screen.
In both IE and Firefox the hotel selection boxes span the entire right side of the screen, leaving no access to the zoom feature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.