SPG to Ritz Carlton

Old Oct 1, 2016, 5:12 am
Original Poster

SPG to Ritz Carlton

I have already linked my Starwood and Marriott accounts but have a quick question. Is there a way to transfer points from either my SPG or Marriott to my wife's Ritz Carlton account?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 5:50 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Unless the rules have changed you can transfer SPG points between accounts with the same address.

It can be done on the Marriott side but requires a little extra work. Marriott allows you to transfer points up to 50K per year except they have an exception. If you are ordering an award you don't have the points for you can transfer more than the 50K limit but only when ordering that award. After that you can cancel the award and all points will be deposited into your account.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Thank you. So if I set up an SPG account in her name I could send the points to her SPG account and she in turn can transfer them to RC.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 5:58 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Yes, that should work.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 4:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Yes, that should work.
After 30 days, in increments of 1,00 points, and the accounts must have the same physical (not P.O. Box) address.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.