Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

points vs. cash and points for three people (in Europe)

Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator

I tried to do a search on this because I remember something pertinent from a recent thread but came up empty.

How come if I do a points booking for three people in one room for a property in Europe i get changed for an extra bed but if I do a cash booking or a cash and points booking, there is no extra charge? The room is the same but when I look at the rate details for a points booking, there is a mandatory charge for an extra bed but that same charge is not present for a cash (or points and cash) booking.

I seem to remember from the thread I can't find that points bookings are always only for two people. But why doesn't that also apply to cash and points? Basically for the Milan Malpensa Sheraton (a category three property), a standard points booking is 7000 points plus $57 for the extra person and a cash and points booking is 3500 points plus $55 cash plus no charge for the rollaway. So for less points AND less money, I get the same room. Doesn't make sense to me, but whatever. Maybe someone can explain the logic behind this. Or help me find the thread that discusses this.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Cash and points is offered at the hotel's discretion. A points booking is last room availability in the base category.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:02 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
I am afraid that someone had forgotten to add it...

For three persons cash rate goes up 50 € and on award there is a 50 € extra...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.