Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
OR [email protected]

(Send any correspondance to both addresses.)
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jpdx
The St Regii
Why, just why The plural of "Regis" shouldn't be Latin, and even if it were, it would be "Reges", not "Regii".
Old May 23, 2016, 12:43 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by gojko88
Why, just why The plural of "Regis" shouldn't be Latin, and even if it were, it would be "Reges", not "Regii".
Old May 24, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: spg gold, hhonors gold,
HI,

I stayed at the St Regis KL a couple of days earlier than lenardl. The property is officially opened only on 1 May 2016. According to the GM, swimming pool, Spa etc will be ready by 1 June 2016. There is also hotel residence units rushing for handover. So, yes you need to give them some time.

Being a local and a st regis fan, personally i think the hotel pricing is reasonable. I paid for the St regis suite although many amenities were not ready and i think they forgot to give me the SPG gold astor bar voucher! but i do enjoyed the place better than the St regis suite in Singapore and Bangkok. I believe they used the same design concept for city hotels while St Regis Bali and langkawi uses the resort/villa type. The suite is actually quite spacious with very nice, bright window view. There are definitely many issues they need to resolve including the construction portion, staff training, front desk, butler.

For those who are not familiar with the place, this hotel is situated in the KL Sentral area, mid part of city with the transportation hub including airport express. The other options in the areas including quite old hilton, le meridien and slightly newer aloft. As for those who wants to stay in the city, obviously GH or MO are more convenient as it is in the KLCC area near Twin Tower. But, i do think St regis KL is the new standard in town and the newest available.

I had the afternoon tea as well at the drawing room which was ok. There are only two restaurant in the hotel, a tokyo 3 michelin star jap & the brasserie. However, there are many other restaurants surrounding the area be it the Nu sentral mall or in hilton itself. Breakfast at brasserie was also normal, nothing compared to st regis osaka or bali.

I shall be back when things are more ready, sincerely hope the team can improve further. I will be eager to check out the spa as well, hopefully they can match the spa in st regis bali.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:42 am

Talking

Originally Posted by miranda33
HI,

I stayed at the St Regis KL a couple of days earlier than lenardl. The property is officially opened only on 1 May 2016. According to the GM, swimming pool, Spa etc will be ready by 1 June 2016. There is also hotel residence units rushing for handover. So, yes you need to give them some time.

Being a local and a st regis fan, personally i think the hotel pricing is reasonable. I paid for the St regis suite although many amenities were not ready and i think they forgot to give me the SPG gold astor bar voucher! but i do enjoyed the place better than the St regis suite in Singapore and Bangkok. I believe they used the same design concept for city hotels while St Regis Bali and langkawi uses the resort/villa type. The suite is actually quite spacious with very nice, bright window view. There are definitely many issues they need to resolve including the construction portion, staff training, front desk, butler.

For those who are not familiar with the place, this hotel is situated in the KL Sentral area, mid part of city with the transportation hub including airport express. The other options in the areas including quite old hilton, le meridien and slightly newer aloft. As for those who wants to stay in the city, obviously GH or MO are more convenient as it is in the KLCC area near Twin Tower. But, i do think St regis KL is the new standard in town and the newest available.

I had the afternoon tea as well at the drawing room which was ok. There are only two restaurant in the hotel, a tokyo 3 michelin star jap & the brasserie. However, there are many other restaurants surrounding the area be it the Nu sentral mall or in hilton itself. Breakfast at brasserie was also normal, nothing compared to st regis osaka or bali.

I shall be back when things are more ready, sincerely hope the team can improve further. I will be eager to check out the spa as well, hopefully they can match the spa in st regis bali.
welcome to flyertalk thanks for the 1st post review.

IMO, the room rate is not reasonable if the facilities are not opened and the hotel are not in full function.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:15 am

Thank you Kodansha999. Yes, I fully agreed with you. The hotel is not ready yet and they should not be charging that kind of rate with closed to zero facilities. IMO, standard of st Regis has deteriorated quite a bit after those aggressive expansion plan. Ritz did a better job, at least the two new resorts that I went to last year. I was in mandapa ritz reserve last year a month after they open, the resort and the team was a lot better trained and ready. Same for ritz Bali in nusa dua, very well trained team. Despite the spa that was not ready yet, they have allocated temporary villa for spa treatment, even though a few blocks of the hotel rooms are not ready, it didn't quite ruin the stay. Increasingly, I am getting quite disappointed with the st Regis branding.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:49 am

HI,
Being a local and a st regis fan, personally i think the hotel pricing is reasonable....
Sorry, is it joke or you are from managemnet ?
Old May 25, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by HHQX888
Sorry, is it joke or you are from management ?
I am always suspicious with new profiles posting their very first post with the purpose of defending the indefensible....
Old May 25, 2016, 12:30 pm
Suspended

I agree the rate isn't defensible if the facilities aren't ready and/or if the hotel isn't completely 'ready'....

But, value is in the eye of the beholder. It's not unreasonable to think $260 is a reasonable rate, in general.

Post seemed OK for a first timer. I've seen much worse
Old May 26, 2016, 6:37 am

Come on guys, it took me more than 15 mins to write that 1st post and all i get was "is it a joke and suspicious??" I just want to shed some light on the property since no one else stayed here besides Lenadlr. And being a local, I know more about the surrounding than other people. By the way, I think I stayed in more st Regis properties than you know of.
Old May 26, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
By the way, I think I stayed in more st Regis properties than you know of.
Oh, this statement is bound to make you popular with FTers...
Old May 26, 2016, 2:47 pm

And being a local, I know more about the surrounding than other people.
In this case you must know that actual prices of STR KL came from 'science' accounting office not from real KL market. I check random dates at KL and even if hotel will be full ready this level of prices are crazy.

Random dates 11-13.OCT.2016
St.Regis KL prices from 280USD ???

Grand Hyatt KL prices from 189USD
Mandarin Oriental KL prices from 198USD
Shangri-La KL prices from 150USD
Traders prices from KL 105USD
The Ritz-Carlton KL prices from 199USD

and old Le Meridien KL .... 84USD )))
Old May 26, 2016, 6:49 pm

Could it be that they're testing the market and see how the demand/market is? Most likely it will hover around Grand Hyatt rates in a few months.
Old May 26, 2016, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Could it be that they're testing the market and see how the demand/market is? Most likely it will hover around Grand Hyatt rates in a few months.
Haven't seen StR LGK come down in price yet ...
Old May 26, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Could it be that they're testing the market and see how the demand/market is?
Could be an idea. I am not a hotel industry strategist but usually you first try to attract new customers with "grand opening prices", serve them well and try to retain them long-term.
Here, they want to test if customers are ready to pay double the market price with a non-finished property....
Old May 27, 2016, 6:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by geilux
Could be an idea. I am not a hotel industry strategist but usually you first try to attract new customers with "grand opening prices", serve them well and try to retain them long-term.
Here, they want to test if customers are ready to pay double the market price with a non-finished property....
Not necessarily true. Hitting a much higher price point and seeing how it plays out is a common strategy. Very typical, and seen it a lot lately in BKK (with the Siam - three years later and still the most expensive property in the city); NYC; Mexico City (Las Alcobas), etc.

Luxury properties don't start at the bottom and raise over time - they do the opposite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.