Wiki Posts
Search

Which Starwood in Frankfurt?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Which Starwood in Frankfurt?

Hello,

Proud newly crowned Platinum member looking for a recommendation in Frankfurt for a single overnight connection.

We arrive in the city late-afternoon (4:35 PM) and since FRA is only approx. 15 minute cab ride from the city center, I'd prefer a convenient central location instead of the airport Sheraton. The outbound leg of our connection departs the next morning at 10:20 AM.

We tend to gravitate towards historic landmark properties and grand old dames. I had a very quick glance at The Meridien Parkhotel a and wasn't too impressed, plus a lot of mixed TA reviews suggest it's in a heavy crime/drug area by the train station.

Please offer suggestions and feedback... it would also be nice to stay somewhere that'll carry us further with status, ie. room/suite upgrade, etc.
Old May 11, 2016, 8:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Exclamation

Originally Posted by OliverB
Hello,

Proud newly crowned Platinum member looking for a recommendation in Frankfurt for a single overnight connection.

We arrive in the city late-afternoon (4:35 PM) and since FRA is only approx. 15 minute cab ride from the city center, I'd prefer a convenient central location instead of the airport Sheraton. The outbound leg of our connection departs the next morning at 10:20 AM.

We tend to gravitate towards historic landmark properties and grand old dames. I had a very quick glance at The Meridien Parkhotel a and wasn't too impressed, plus a lot of mixed TA reviews suggest it's in a heavy crime/drug area by the train station.

Please offer suggestions and feedback... it would also be nice to stay somewhere that'll carry us further with status, ie. room/suite upgrade, etc.
Frankfurt: Which Starwood? [Master Thread]

When researching a property, please, check The SPG Forum FAQ & Hotel Master Thread List first, for information, as any question you have most likely has been asked and answered several times.
Old May 11, 2016, 10:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The Westin has a great bartender and one of the best Japanese restaurants in Frankfurt. The rooms, like pretty much all Starwood properties in Germany, are identikit boring. I wouldn't get worked up about the area around the Westin, it may look a bit seedy but it's harmless.
Old May 12, 2016, 3:25 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I'd take the S-Bahn train from the airport (every 15 mins) to Hauptbahnhof (10 mins travel time, much faster+cheaper than the taxi) - go up 1 level to the underground walkway/shopping level and keep to your right. Take the steps up at Exit "Baseler Straße" and you are just a minute away from the Le Meridien.

Plat Upgrades are often to some open kind of junior suite in the new part of the hotel or some two room junior suite in the old part (I would prefer the old part of the hotel if you can get an upgrade). They have a nice little bar often with live music in the evenings (can get crowded). What I like is that in the morning you have just two blocks south to the Main river promenade where you can have a nice stroll along the river, taking in the city sights and a little park ("Nizza") where you can have lunch/cafe/dinner later in the restaurant MainNizza.

The Westin would be near the S-Bahn station Konstablerwache (same train from the airport, just two stations and a few minutes more compared to Hauptbahnhof). It is right at the pedestrian only area of the main shopping street Zeil. So if you want to shop, this would be the better location.

IMO crime is not a problem in Frankfurt city during daytime. If you want to go out and stroll after midnight, I would certainly not take the Le Meridien near Hauptbahnhof.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.