Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft San Antonio Airport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2016, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Aloft San Antonio Airport

Did a couple quick searches and seems there is not a master thread for this property?

Can anyone tell me if the hotel has connecting rooms and is this a better property for PLTs compare to 4 points?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
What Plat benefits are you expecting at an aloft? You won't find a club/exec level. There's no room upgrade benefit. Breakfast isn't part of SPG benefits at aloft.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:17 am
Original Poster

I have had breakfast included as PLT before in my only previous stay at an Aloft.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
This is the standard new-built aloft that looks like all the rest. I forget the exact offer, but I think the platinum breakfast was a $10 or $15 credit to the grab and go shop. There are ton of places nearby so I took the points on both of my stays.

A couple words of caution. The parking at the hotel isn't great. There is a small lot in front that was often full during my few stays and the only other option is a garage right behind the hotel. I also had a stay on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday night and each night the bar was playing really loud music and seemed to be trying to be a hotspot for locals. One night they were hosting a large group for a party, and I could barely hear the check-in agent it was so loud. It wasn't a big deal, but I was staying here on business and ended up switching my future stays to the Four Points, because the last thing I want to do is walk into a night club after a long day of work several nights in a row.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:43 pm

Stayed here in late January - This is the third Aloft I've been to and my least favorite. Google maps GPS is not aware of recent street changes so it guides you in a circle that will never get you to the hotel. The location is not great for the airport or downtown and has a loud freeway going by at about mid level of the hotel. They were getting ready to do some sort of remodel at this hotel when we were so there were a lot of items laying about in the main areas... There were loud shows at night on the weekends and twice we had to park in another parking lot because there is a very popular restaurant and a bar close by that share the same small parking lot.

I would not stay here again.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Does 4 points offer full breakfast for PLT?

I will be with family and two rooms. Looking at these two locations since we will be going to Sea world/Fiesta Texas.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Does 4 points offer full breakfast for PLT?

I will be with family and two rooms. Looking at these two locations since we will be going to Sea world/Fiesta Texas.
Yes they do, but that property is not that great either. If you're just planning on sleeping in the room the 4 pts is fine, but if you're doing other things I would suggest a number of other properties ahead of these. If you wanted a resort, the JW Marriott is probably the best of the bunch. If you want downtown/riverwalk, both the Westin and St. Anthony are solid properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.