Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Singapore, Sentosa [Master Thread] [LEFT Marriott October 2020]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Méridien Singapore, Sentosa [Master Thread] [LEFT Marriott October 2020]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by elleana
Those who got the onsen suite upgrades - are you guys all plats or any golds? I do a staycation at the W a couple of times a year (family loves the place) but am considering mixing things up with the onsen suite but being cheap am looking to see if I can get it as an upgrade with gold.
Got Onsen Suite upgrade during Chinese New Year on Plats. But they are still new and wont upgrade the system before hand so my app still shows that i am in the normal room trough out the stay. Overall nice experience and short walking distance / free monorail (one station) to RWS.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
I was here (family of three) in August, for a single night layover. As a platinum we were upgraded to an onsen suite. No complaints, breakfast good but really busy. Helpful staff, late checkout was not a problem. Great location to explore Sentosa from.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 6:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott - Platinum/LTG | KF *G QPPS (working on TPPS) | OZ - Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by elleana
Those who got the onsen suite upgrades - are you guys all plats or any golds? I do a staycation at the W a couple of times a year (family loves the place) but am considering mixing things up with the onsen suite but being cheap am looking to see if I can get it as an upgrade with gold.
I'd previously (last year, as gold) received a free upgrade to a heritage suite when staying with children, but never to an onsen suite. The room is actually almost the same as the other heritage rooms - main difference is the addition of a sofa bed which is roughly queen size. Will be staying again in a few weeks as a plat.

Just to add that in the 2 times I've had a room here as SPG gold I had 1 upgrade to a heritage suite and 1 upgrade to a heritage room, having booked a standard room both times.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: Marriott - Platinum/LTG | KF *G QPPS (working on TPPS) | OZ - Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by horizontal
I'd previously (last year, as gold) received a free upgrade to a heritage suite when staying with children, but never to an onsen suite. The room is actually almost the same as the other heritage rooms - main difference is the addition of a sofa bed which is roughly queen size. Will be staying again in a few weeks as a plat.

Just to add that in the 2 times I've had a room here as SPG gold I had 1 upgrade to a heritage suite and 1 upgrade to a heritage room, having booked a standard room both times.
On my recent stay I took the opportunity to ask the front desk about this. Apparently there are three kinds of room which are part of the standard upgrade pool for both gold and plat members:

i) Heritage rooms on the second floor facing inwards,
ii) Heritage merlion rooms which face outwards (towards the merlion)
iii) Heritage suites which appear to be on the third floor and are basically the same as heritage rooms but have queen-sized sofa beds (either facing inwards or towards the merlion)

In the event that none of these are available, the hotel may upgrade platinum members to an onsen suite.

And that's as far as I got with the front desk. May post a full review sometime.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:43 am

I used SNA to upgrade to a Heritage Suite. The suite is awfully small with a view of an outside corridor to the other rooms. I'd hate to see how small the standard room is.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
I stayed at this property last week and found the reviews above to be consistent with my experience:

Upon arrival with heavy baggage no one around to greet me, help with bags out of taxi, open the door etc.

Upgraded from standard room to heritage merlion room (I'm a plat). The 'living room' is very small and not really practical for anything. The bathroom on the other hands is huge and very impressive.

Breakfast was extremely busy and totally chaotic. Queues to enter on both mornings I went and service really lacking - on the first day I wasn't even offered tea or coffee as I was sat down.

Housekeeping staff seemed to have very poor English language skills. On a couple of occasions I tried to communicate with them in English we just weren't able to make each other understood. This was really unexpected given I was in Singapore and not mainland China.

The gym is pretty basic, the W is much much better equiped if this is important for a stay whilst on Sentosa.

Front desk staff seem a little inexperienced but just about got the job done.

So overall I left a little underwhelmed. I have another stay booked for next month and am seriously reconsidering whether I should switch it to the W.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:22 am

Stayed one Sunday night in May 2017 on a same day online booking. Upgraded from lowest priced room to an Onsen suite as SPG Gold. Excellent room.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
mixed experience

I love the # of times FTs were upgraded to the Onsen Suite! Too bad there is only one

My experience (2016) is matched by many of the comments in this thread:

- poor Plat recognition (no early check-in, no suite upgrade, no SNA;
- great breakfast in the rest (can't comment on the language skills);
- older property ("new Meridien"?) not in a great location;
- so so pool and exercise room.

I am so over SIN - but - if I rtn. my preferences are:
1. Westin;
2. St. Regis.
NB I haven't tried the Wanderlust nor the Vagabond .
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I love the # of times FTs were upgraded to the Onsen Suite! Too bad there is only one

My experience (2016) is matched by many of the comments in this thread:

- poor Plat recognition (no early check-in, no suite upgrade, no SNA;
- great breakfast in the rest (can't comment on the language skills);
- older property ("new Meridien"?) not in a great location;
- so so pool and exercise room.

I am so over SIN - but - if I rtn. my preferences are:
1. Westin;
2. St. Regis.
NB I haven't tried the Wanderlust nor the Vagabond .
Vagabond is great for couples. Wanderlust is great if you're single -- and especially if you enjoy Little India, etc. Both have very small rooms (moreso Wanderlust) and limited SPG recognition. Upgrades seem nonexistent and late checkouts don't really happen - they have very few rooms. I love both overall, however. I also can recommend the New Majestic if you're into the boutique thing and want to stay in Chinatown.

If I need a 4pm checkout, bigger pool, good working desk, whatever and I am in the mood for going "vanilla" then I'll go for the Four Points.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by jiaogulan
I also can recommend the New Majestic if you're into the boutique thing and want to stay in Chinatown.
Sorry to say the New Majestic has ceased operations - it's being turned into some sort of clubhouse instead.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Originally Posted by horizontal
On my recent stay I took the opportunity to ask the front desk about this. Apparently there are three kinds of room which are part of the standard upgrade pool for both gold and plat members:

i) Heritage rooms on the second floor facing inwards,
ii) Heritage merlion rooms which face outwards (towards the merlion)
iii) Heritage suites which appear to be on the third floor and are basically the same as heritage rooms but have queen-sized sofa beds (either facing inwards or towards the merlion)

In the event that none of these are available, the hotel may upgrade platinum members to an onsen suite.

And that's as far as I got with the front desk. May post a full review sometime.
The upgrade pool still holds true based on my recent stays.
However I can't get my head around the hype about the onsen suite - the indoor portion of the room is not actually very big and is already showing considerable signs of wear and tear. Also with the construction next door and recent very wet weather, noise and mosquitos is an issue if you use the personal outdoor dip pool.

Personally I like any rooms from the heritage wing more.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Does this hotel have the free smartphones in the room for guests?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
no

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Does this hotel have the free smartphones in the room for guests?
No, they do not.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
No, they do not.
Pity - inferior to the Westin in that sense but I suppose this is not a business hotel.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:17 am

I got the Onsen Suite on a recent stay. My thoughts:

1. Nice having the private jacuzzi in the back, although inadequate lighting in a night time. Also means the deck chair/table on the mini balcony in the back can't be used to read/use computer in the evening.

2. No desk in the room.

However, I was pleased as a Platinum to be given a SGD$50 dining credit per day (I was told this is because they lack a lounge), late check out, and they noticed on my profile that I like sparkling water so 2 large bottles of Badoit were delivered on arrival. Very friendly and helpful service overall but I do agree the gym leaves a lot to be desired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.