Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hanoi, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Hanoi, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2010, 7:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Condition One
There are also two ATMs on the property in an adjacent building, one of which is HSBC.
The ATMs (HSBC & Vietcombank) are located in the main building next to the "new" gift shop; however you can only access it from outside, next to the driveway.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, UA 1K, SPG Plat, marriott plat
Any recent stays here?

What is the gym like?

Plat members treated okay?

What is the area immediately surrounding the hotel like?
Old Dec 28, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
I was there about a month ago. Platinums are treated well. I have always had a suite upgrade ( even at busy times ). It's in a residential location next to a lake...about 15-20 minutes from 'downtown' Hanoi. It's a very quiet area but a pleasant property. Lounge is ok. The gym is large and appears to be well-equipped ( the caveat there being I only use one machine and I'm not familiar with the the rest of them). I like staying there.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, UA 1K, SPG Plat, marriott plat
Originally Posted by paul577
I was there about a month ago. Platinums are treated well. I have always had a suite upgrade ( even at busy times ). It's in a residential location next to a lake...about 15-20 minutes from 'downtown' Hanoi. It's a very quiet area but a pleasant property. Lounge is ok. The gym is large and appears to be well-equipped ( the caveat there being I only use one machine and I'm not familiar with the the rest of them). I like staying there.
Thanks for the info.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 6:02 pm
Suspended

Gym is large & good enough for membership to local/expat residents.

Good platinum recognition; suite/club floor upgrade, choice of breakfast in lounge or restaurant by the lobby, 3 pieces pressing each day, large fruit basket, mini-desert during turndown, comp inroom internet (even before starwood new policy)

Its located in a residential district near the city which is popular with expats, plenty of restaurants & cafes near the hotel. There is also a supermarket in the same building as Frasers Place nearby.

Only complaint is the room interior design / furnishings, while the hotel is fairly new it looks very 'eighties' ...

Last edited by mario33; Dec 28, 2010 at 6:08 pm
Old Jan 8, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
This is a good but dated property. I made a last minute reservation opting my first night here over the Hilton to get a mc promo night in. Upgraded to Club facing lake room. The tube tv dates the entire room. Desire the Hilton and its' more perfect location. Interesting area around here. It works.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
This is a good but dated property. I made a last minute reservation opting my first night here over the Hilton to get a mc promo night in. Upgraded to Club facing lake room. The tube tv dates the entire room. Desire the Hilton and its' more perfect location. Interesting area around here. It works.
Glad you are in HAN, PM if you need restaurant recommendation.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you. Got along fine.

The Sheraton had a very very very large tour group inhouse. The lobby restaurant was packed and there was not a staff member to be found for seating. I gave up after wandering around looking for a seat. Shame on the Hotel for not planning better. That being said went to Club lounge on 17 thinking I was getting the continental breakfast. They did have hot items which was good. Got breakfast.

The Hotel is dated but the internet is much faster and more reliable than the Hilton. For this reason alone I would stay at the Sheraton if I were to return over the Hilton. Love the opera house view and location but the slow and drop internet is no excuse.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Thank you. Got along fine.

The Sheraton had a very very very large tour group inhouse. The lobby restaurant was packed and there was not a staff member to be found for seating. I gave up after wandering around looking for a seat. Shame on the Hotel for not planning better. That being said went to Club lounge on 17 thinking I was getting the continental breakfast. They did have hot items which was good. Got breakfast.

The Hotel is dated but the internet is much faster and more reliable than the Hilton. For this reason alone I would stay at the Sheraton if I were to return over the Hilton. Love the opera house view and location but the slow and drop internet is no excuse.
The Hilton has tube TV too, it's dated.

I had no problem whatsoever with the Internet there, and frankly the Club Lounge at the Hilton is superior to the other Sheraton in Vietnam. The location of the Hilton is also very convenient, but the Sheraton is a much bigger property.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 4:12 am

At Hanoi

Alright guys,
I booked a 4 night stay at the hotel and showed up. Our flight arrived really late and they had a choice of 2 rooms held for us. The guy apologized that that he was not able to offer me a suite due to my platinum status but put us in a club delx room. He offered a smoking suite as an alternative and I took that instead.
This hotel is so dated and needs a renovation badly. The room is so 80s decor and the furnishing was so out dated.
The service was just ok at the breakfast place. We went around 10 am and they were starting to close down breakfast despite the fact that they officially close at 10.30. When 10.30 came around, all the food just vanished and they started vacuuming and cleaning the floor sound my feet in my table. Absolutely would not recommend this place if you are planning to tour then city if you want to be closer to the buzz.
I checked out next morning, cancelled my stay and took my business to the Metropole! Life is great here!
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:04 am

After my post Lurker contacted me via FT PM stating the GM wanted to contact me directly. I was forwarded a message which I responded twice. Never got a reply back just auto replies the GM was out. Disappointing. Hotels do things to appease corporate but often learn little.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Of the big Western chains in Hanoi, I think that the Hanoi Hilton Opera (where I stayed last) is the most conveniently located, near Hoang Kiem Lake, the old quarters (the Hang & the Pho Phuong) and all the key attractions.

The Melia Hotel next door to the former infamous Hoa Lo Prison (now a tourist attraction) is also conveniently located.

The Sheraton and Metropole are near Ho Tay (West Lake) so a bit farther out, but Hanoi is not that big of a city so it's not really that big a deal.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sapguy
The Sheraton and Metropole are near Ho Tay (West Lake) so a bit farther out, but Hanoi is not that big of a city so it's not really that big a deal.
The Metropole is practically across the street from the Hilton Opera !

The Sofitel West Lake (not to be confused with Sofitel Metropole) is located at the fringe of the city by the lake, while the Sheraton and Inter Continental are further out towards the airport and the area is more residential.

I agree Hanoi city is not all that huge, I prefer the West Lake district.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by mario33
I agree Hanoi city is not all that huge, I prefer the West Lake district.
To each its own. I prefer the Hoang Kiem district, and the prestigious Ba Dinh districts, home to all the embassies and rich people of Hanoi, but I'm not sure that there are major hotels there.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by sapguy
To each its own. I prefer the Hoang Kiem district, and the prestigious Ba Dinh districts, home to all the embassies and rich people of Hanoi, but I'm not sure that there are major hotels there.
Actually, it's spelled Hoan (w/o the G) Kiem.

Ba Dinh district borders West Lake (Ho Tay). If you preferred Ba Dinh district, then IC and Sheraton are in that area.
http://www.vietnammarkets.com/maps/mapdetail.php?id=1
Taxi in Hanoi is dirt cheap, the West Lake location can be a reprive from all the noise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.