Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Delta Hotels by Marriott Heathrow Windsor, UK [Master Thread]

Old Mar 31, 2023, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL CCR GFL / Marriott TFL Amb

I have stayed at this Marriott property for well over 10 years, pre Covid children were not allowed in the lounge. For the last 18 months when we have stayed the children have been with us in the lounge without any issues. Bearing in mind we use the hotel to park and fly most school
holidays this has not been a one off.

Anyway as of today the children are not allowed in. If you are considering using this hotel with the family and have the required status to use the lounge, I would consider using the full fat Marriott on bath road where children are welcome.

Not a great start to our Easter Holidays!

At least the children will be welcome in the BA first lounge in the morning!
Old Mar 31, 2023, 1:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
I wonder if this is a method to reduce overcrowding.

Though if that is the case, rather than doing age discrimination, limit the number of guest per room into the lounge.

If the limit is 2, at checkin, limit it to the account holder and they can designate one other person at checkin.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL CCR GFL / Marriott TFL Amb
When we checked in they went through lounge access and in fact I had to get another key cut.

either way this property is scratched from my perspective and I would recommend other families look at other properties!
Old Mar 31, 2023, 1:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Back when our children were young and traveled with us, my wife and I didn't think twice about taking them into the concierge lounge. It never occurred to me to locate a terms & conditions document to see if it was allowed. We were staying in a room that had been granted lounge access due to status. Sometimes it was on the concierge floor. Sometimes it wasn't. The room key unlocked the lounge door. Lounge attendants were friendly and welcoming. Why wouldn't we all be allowed?

I don't know what the terms & conditions specified back then.

Currently, the terms & conditions specify: "The Member plus one guest staying in the same room receives access to the Concierge/Executive/Club/Signature Club/M Club lounge (collectively, 'Lounge' or 'Lounge Access') during normal hours of operations at JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Delta Hotels, Le Mridien, Westin, Autograph Collection, and Renaissance Hotels. Resort properties excluded at JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels, Delta Hotels, Autograph Collection, and Renaissance Hotels."

There's a lot more. I won't copy and paste it all, but here's something pertinent to this discussion: "Additional charges may apply for Lounge Access where the guest count is greater than the Member plus one allowance (including children)."

In other words, hotels are not required to allow everyone in the room into the lounge for free. They are allowed to charge, although I've never seen a sign at a lounge entrance with charges posted, nor have I seen a lounge attendant intercepting families entering and asking them to sign for extra charges.

If Delta Hotels Heathrow Windsor in Slough really can't afford to let children have a glass of milk and a bowl of cereal or a scoop of scrambled eggs and some baked beans, they could charge a child breakfast fee -- although this would seem hostile to families.

Entirely denying entrance to children traveling with their parents is yet another matter. What are the parents supposed to do? Leave young children alone in the room? Take them somewhere else for breakfast after the parents finish their lounge breakfast?

Last edited by Horace; Mar 31, 2023 at 2:48 pm
Old Mar 31, 2023, 2:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Its been that way since at least 2008. It is a small lounge and the hotel caters to a huge amount of children. If they allowed access to under 16s it would be overwhelmed. Plus, it is only for member and guest.
supatight80 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:08 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Staying here at the moment. Last night about 7:50 a man and two children came in. He told the host front desk told him his kids were welcome until 9pm. The sign outside says no under 16s, the booking screens repeat this. And why till 9pm? I was wondering if a wild party starts after this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:19 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by stuartpig
Staying here at the moment. Last night about 7:50 a man and two children came in. He told the host front desk told him his kids were welcome until 9pm. The sign outside says no under 16s, the booking screens repeat this. And why till 9pm? I was wondering if a wild party starts after this.
You're almost-certainly correct. Given the proximity to Windsor, my guess is that after 9pm there's a risk Prince Andrew may pop in.
Coffeemadman likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.