Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Diana Majestic, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Diana Majestic, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 4:35 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum 75, Shangri-La Golden Circle Diamond
Milan Diana

I was there on the weekend. Booked a classic room, city view, single bed for two nights on a weekend stay. I used two of my SPG Plat suite upgrades and was upgraded to Junior Suite. Overpriced if it were just a classic room. Location is near to the Metro, but bit of a walk to the main sites.

The Suite is spacious, clean, the bed is two singles pushed together which is not so nice if you tend, like me, to travel the bed. There are a few patches that could use some paint. The window in the bathroom leaks. The shower/bath is too small given the spaciousness of the bathroom and the powerful rain shower and water goes all over the floor.

I was not impressed by room service. I've had much better spaghetti bolognese out of a packet.

It is quite an old building but stood up to Sunday morning's the large earthquake, although something in the wall needs securing because I thought someone was trying to come through it with a sledgehammer.

It is an OK hotel. But it is not a must come back. I would not pay that price just for a single room and single bed.
Old May 21, 2012, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Any recent stays? How does this property handle the Platinum breakfast amenity? How's the gym (I believe I read the gym is pretty decent with good equipment)?

Thanks.
Don't know about the amenity, but a year ago when I was there, the gym wasn't too bad. Felt much newer than the rest of the hotel, newish equipment, etc.
Old May 21, 2012, 8:23 am
Suspended

Thanks for the reviews. Thoughts on this hotel are so mixed. I recently bought a beatthetimer.com rate (99 euros per night).
Old May 21, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Thanks for the reviews. Thoughts on this hotel are so mixed. I recently bought a beatthetimer.com rate (99 euros per night).
Thats an excellent rate

Beware - minibar prices are very expensive but overall I've always been very happy with the hotel and I love the bar downstairs

Never paid 99 €
Old May 21, 2012, 9:08 am

Any recent stays? How does this property handle the Platinum breakfast amenity? How's the gym (I believe I read the gym is pretty decent with good equipment)?

Thanks.
Never had breakfast but I've always been upgraded
Old May 21, 2012, 9:33 am
Suspended

Thanks again everyone. Yes, I jumped on the 99 Euro rate even though the reviews were decidedly mixed. It was too good to pass up.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 9:10 am
Suspended

Any thoughts on how to get to the property from MXP? I went through the entire thread and only saw a passing reference to it being close to the subway.

And, updated reviews would be appreciated. Plus, any good restaurants close to the hotel?

Thank you.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Any thoughts on how to get to the property from MXP? I went through the entire thread and only saw a passing reference to it being close to the subway.

And, updated reviews would be appreciated. Plus, any good restaurants close to the hotel?

Thank you.

From MXP you can take the bus (around 7.5 Euros) to Stazione Centrale which is about a 15 minute walk to the hotel or take the Metro or go via tram (see ATM Milano for info here: http://www.atm-mi.it/en/Pages/default.aspx); otherwise there is a train from MXP to Porta Garibaldi that's a bit faster and more expensive and a bit further from the hotel.

For restaurants, i Malavoglia is right nearby and is an excellent Sicilian fish house. Da Oscar (a short walk from the hotel) is a bit nutty but good meat and pasta in a friendly, sit at a table with strangers sort of place.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ckendall
From MXP you can take the bus (around 7.5 Euros) to Stazione Centrale which is about a 15 minute walk to the hotel or take the Metro or go via tram (see ATM Milano for info here: http://www.atm-mi.it/en/Pages/default.aspx); otherwise there is a train from MXP to Porta Garibaldi that's a bit faster and more expensive and a bit further from the hotel.

For restaurants, i Malavoglia is right nearby and is an excellent Sicilian fish house. Da Oscar (a short walk from the hotel) is a bit nutty but good meat and pasta in a friendly, sit at a table with strangers sort of place.
Thank you!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 4:45 pm

Thank you!
There is a slightly quicker way :

There is a metro stop at PORTA VENEZIA on the red line which is less than 250 metres from the hotel

So your best bet is to take the MILANO MALPENSA EXPRESS train to Cadorna then metro line 1 to Porta Venezia

Quicker

Restaurants? I strongly recomend the hotel bar as a bar but I don't know many restaurants in thats area. Generally in Milan you eat well at decent prices though^
Old Jun 11, 2012, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by terminalfive
There is a slightly quicker way :

There is a metro stop at PORTA VENEZIA on the red line which is less than 250 metres from the hotel

So your best bet is to take the MILANO MALPENSA EXPRESS train to Cadorna then metro line 1 to Porta Venezia

Quicker

Restaurants? I strongly recomend the hotel bar as a bar but I don't know many restaurants in thats area. Generally in Milan you eat well at decent prices though^

As far as places to eat, your in luck. Panino Giusto is right around the corner!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the thoughts.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Stayed at this property last week. I really enjoyed this hotel. It is SUPER convenient from MXP -- simply take the MXP Express train and transfer to the M1 red line. Get off the train and walk right and go up the escalator. (If you get off the train and walk left you will have to poke around a bit to find the property.)

I was upgraded to a very nice internal facing room which I believe is optimal. The room had a small terrace and chairs and was quiet during sleeping hours.

I also found the front desk staff to be extremely helpful and friendly. Every interaction was professionally handled. The hotel manager emailed me a list of restaurants and printed the list and had it brought to my room. I was also in town for a concert and concierge provided superb directions to the venue.

What else? The gym is serviceable...particularly for a European hotel which don't always have great gyms.

Overall, great stay.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:16 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Seems this hotel is closed in August, as no rooms are available all month. Can't find any info anywhere, does anyone know if they're renovating the property?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 7:35 am
tyn

Originally Posted by remymartin
Seems this hotel is closed in August, as no rooms are available all month. Can't find any info anywhere, does anyone know if they're renovating the property?
It closes every year in August, so I kind of doubt it has to do with a full
renovation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.