Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best SPG property in London

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC

Does anyone have experience with the Great Northern or the Park Tower? Currently an SPG ambassador as well and was hoping for an upgrade.

Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 6:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by dshafiee
Does anyone have experience with the Great Northern or the Park Tower? Currently an SPG ambassador as well and was hoping for an upgrade.

Thanks.
Best is subjective. Have you look at the London Master Thread or the Master thread for the above mentioned properties????
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Many Park Tower suites tend to be occupied for months by the same families, so I don't think the odds of a suite upgrade here are especially good, although the regular rooms aren't bad if you can get a nice view.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Completely concur with MSP on the Park Tower "residents". You may luck out with a suite if you're only staying for 1 or 2 nights, but certain times of the year (i.e. August) you can completely forget about getting any suites in that hotel. That said, the Panoramic rooms are spacious, have great views, and almost all of the amenities of a suite minus the second room.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by dshafiee

Thanks.
Check out this thread on the Great Northern. A few of us have posted our comments about this hotel there. IMHO, it's a great property for London.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold

I stayed at the GNH in November (as well as the Park Lane in a renovated room) on award in smallest room - couchette. I really liked the GNH boutique hotel and reviewed it on my blog http://philatravelgirl.com/spg_award_london_great_northern_hotel_london_kings _cross_hotel/
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:07 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Not sure where the general Starwood London page is, but two new Luxury Collection hotels are coming to the city in the first half of 2017:

The Wellesley, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London
The Westbury, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London

Always good to have more quality choices, especially from the Starwood/SPG side of things. More details here: http://news.marriott.com/2016/12/mar...ry-collection/

khabah
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by khabah
Not sure where the general Starwood London page is, but two new Luxury Collection hotels are coming to the city in the first half of 2017:

Always good to have more quality choices, especially from the Starwood/SPG side of things. More details here: http://news.marriott.com/2016/12/mar...ry-collection/

khabah
Always good indeed.
Though both will be Cat 7, of course. I suspect out-of-season lowest pre-paid promotional rates Ł400+. Even entry level central hotels as Sheraton and LM are now Cat 6 with rates routinely Ł300+.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

khabah
Earlier I was trying to find the new SPG hotels in general page to post the link you did, as Luxury Collection announced 5 new properties (two in London). Either FT search sucks or my search skills suck - or both

Always good to have more choices in London

Cheers
Old Dec 8, 2016, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I can't say enough about the turnaround at the Sheraton Grand Park Lane; fantastic remodel and service is improving too.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:52 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold

khabah
I hadn't heard, so thanks! After my decent but disappointing stay at the Park Tower Knightsbridge, these are most welcome luxury level additions.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Most of my best upgrades have come at the Park Lane or LM.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:37 am

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
I like the GNH a lot, location, transport, property and food
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver

khabah
The Westbury is now bookable on SPG but is adding a 5% service charge to quoted rates when you review terms.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by davidw70
The Westbury is now bookable on SPG but is adding a 5% service charge to quoted rates when you review terms.
True.

They are, however, offering BP195 pre-paid rates including breakfast for a king bedroom at 258 square feet. That's about as good as one's going to do in the heart of Mayfair.

It will be interesting to read the reviews of this one - it is scheduled to open as a Luxury Collection SPG member on April 4th... ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.