Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton New Orleans [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton New Orleans [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Anyone take public transit to get from the airport to the hotel? I arrive early, so have plenty of time. Any suggestions/advice appreciated.
Fine if you have little luggage but a bit inconvenient otherwise

The bus only costs about $2 but is part of Jefferson Parish Transit System where the airport is located. During daytime hours it runs almost to downtown (which is then easily walkable with a roll-on) but after hours and all day on weekends it stops at the Jefferson Parish Line and you have to change to another bus to get to the hotel area.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
This is great info. I actually think I'd rather have the better PM food as opposed to AM. Is there any beer/wine/cocktails either for purchase or complimentary?
Yes, they will serve you cocktails and there is a fee. No complimentary. I have stayed here several times for Mardi Gras and thought they did a good job in the lounge keeping the food stocked considering the hotel is packed to the gills. I have been to some large properties where the lounge buffet always looked bare.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by prncess674
Yes, they will serve you cocktails and there is a fee. No complimentary. I have stayed here several times for Mardi Gras and thought they did a good job in the lounge keeping the food stocked considering the hotel is packed to the gills. I have been to some large properties where the lounge buffet always looked bare.
Good to know! I don't mind paying the fee for cocktails. Usually at Marriott's lounges they are still cheaper than at the bar. And it's a quieter atmosphere.

I'm also hoping that they will upgrade us to club level, or at minimum let our family of 5 in two rooms use the lounge. I booked the family rate for two rooms (we have 3 kids). Spouse and I are both SPG Gold with SPG AX biz, which entitles us to lounge access. But the terms limit # of people per room.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Just completed a fantastic 3 night stay at this hotel. I needed 2 rooms, one for Nov 3-6 and one for Nov 4-7. In spite of the hotel being sold out, they managed to find a suite for me (granted not very large) with an adjoining room! It was perfect for a girls' weekend away as we had the living room area to socialize.

After I checked out of the suite today, the hotel even left the connecting door open in case my girlfriend in the adjoining room wanted to use the suite. Wow!

I was slightly disappointed in the lounge breakfast as the cut fruit was very sparse (cantaloupe only on the first day and none on the second day). Granted there were bananas, apples, oranges, but I like my fruit washed, peeled, cut for me. The grits were delicious, and there were eggs, yogurt and cereal.

The evening fare was fantastic with things like jambalaya, gumbo, grilled veggies, cheese and salads.

Location is excellent and I would definitely go back.

Also, I was surprised to see Thann soap in the bathrooms as I believe that is the brand Marriott uses. The other bathroom amenities were the usual boring Sheraton stuff.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Here now. Evening spread 5:30-8:30 tonight was salad, plate of antipasto, salami plate, chicken sausage with cornichon plate, veggie plate, cheese plate, dips, crockpot of gumbo, pot of roast beef (swimming in au jus...not hot enough and only ok), shrimp macaroni (also not hot enough...only ok). Beer by bottle for purchase ~$7, wine a bit more. You've got to watch for the servers to come out and I didn't see one for 15 min+. At 8:30, sweets replace the hors d'oeuvres.

Breakfast was scrambled eggs, link sausage, cantaloupe, mixed berries, pineapple, oatmeal w/ fixings, yogurt in frig, bagels (only strawberry cream cheese).

We didn't get checked in until midnight after a long day of travel and so slept in till 930AM. When we came to club at 9:40 there was very little left and no refilling. At 9:45 they started removing the food. I was mildly annoyed b/c if breakfast goes till 10, it should stay out till 10. I do understand they may not replenish though.

I must say this club had the largest and most varied evening spread of any club I've been in. It's quite nice when you're tired and just want to call it a day.

Bit of a gripe about housekeeping. Bathtub had hair in it, and glasses were not clean on arrival nor after first day of housekeeping.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 5:06 pm

We are checking out tomorrow. The stay has been ok (club great overall), but we have had a variety of problems that have taken 30-45 minutes each to resolve at front desk. Keys don't work (multiple times), cc issues, housekeeping issues. What would be the best way to address these? It is a busy weekend here with the Bayou Classic and I'm not sure staff here will have any time tomorrow. Line at front desk was 50 deep; line at SPG gold/plat was about 10 deep.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
We are checking out tomorrow. The stay has been ok (club great overall), but we have had a variety of problems that have taken 30-45 minutes each to resolve at front desk. Keys don't work (multiple times), cc issues, housekeeping issues. What would be the best way to address these? It is a busy weekend here with the Bayou Classic and I'm not sure staff here will have any time tomorrow. Line at front desk was 50 deep; line at SPG gold/plat was about 10 deep.
Ideally, you should speak to management while you are there, that is the only time they can fix it for your stay. But given my experience there, they won't do much. I would suggest to get the GM's email address and let him/her know your experience. If you don't get a timely response then a review on Trip Advisor just might get their attention.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Ideally, you should speak to management while you are there, that is the only time they can fix it for your stay. But given my experience there, they won't do much. I would suggest to get the GM's email address and let him/her know your experience. If you don't get a timely response then a review on Trip Advisor just might get their attention.
Chaotic today and we were checking out anyway. Most issues were one-offs, so not much to be done while there. I got the GM's card from agent and will send email. I was most frustrated at midnight last night when the hooting and laughter in hallway that was keeping me awake was room service hanging out just outside my door. WTH.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
I'm staying at this property, checking in tomorrow until Friday. On Saturday, I received an email from them advising me of a scheduled power outage from 10 am - 7 pm! During this time there will be no power in guest rooms, and reduced elevator service. Also the restaurants will close after breakfast and reopen in the evening.
Here is my issue. Why am I being charged for a full night rate for a room with no power for 9 hours??? I would think that this place wouldn't have the gall to charge the full rate for a diminished product.
Seriously considering staying elsewhere if I can find a decent hotel last minute.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by phillygold
I'm staying at this property, checking in tomorrow until Friday. On Saturday, I received an email from them advising me of a scheduled power outage from 10 am - 7 pm! During this time there will be no power in guest rooms, and reduced elevator service. Also the restaurants will close after breakfast and reopen in the evening.
Here is my issue. Why am I being charged for a full night rate for a room with no power for 9 hours??? I would think that this place wouldn't have the gall to charge the full rate for a diminished product.
Seriously considering staying elsewhere if I can find a decent hotel last minute.
Hotels do not expect guests to be spending their whole day in the room. If this is an issue, i would presume they would allow a cancellation even if past the cancellation deadline. If you have a particular need, contact the hotel to see what other arrangements can be made. Maybe they will arrange a day room nearby.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:57 am

Booked this hotel for 10,000 starpoints/night in Feb. Called SPG today and upgraded to a club room for 1,500/night. Club rooms were $50/night more than standard so this appeared to be good value. Especially since the reviews indicate they rarely upgrade SPG Golds to club rooms and this seems to be a well-regarded club.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
Booked this hotel for 10,000 starpoints/night in Feb. Called SPG today and upgraded to a club room for 1,500/night. Club rooms were $50/night more than standard so this appeared to be good value. Especially since the reviews indicate they rarely upgrade SPG Golds to club rooms and this seems to be a well-regarded club.
When we were there in Nov, both our rooms (booked with the Family 50% off second room rate) were upgraded to Club Level. But for 1500 points, it's nice to have the guarantee.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
This is one of the best domestic Sheraton Lounges and well worth the 1500 star points
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
Staying here in a few months; went through the posts didnt see my Q addressed - anyone have issues getting lounge access while being gold, but having the Amex SPG Biz card? I know there were hiccups with Sheratons at first, but hope its smoothed out by now.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by explorer84
Staying here in a few months; went through the posts didnt see my Q addressed - anyone have issues getting lounge access while being gold, but having the Amex SPG Biz card? I know there were hiccups with Sheratons at first, but hope its smoothed out by now.
No issues for us. We were there in November 2016 with 2 rooms. We both have SPG Gold and Amex SPG biz. I will say that I emailed ahead of time to have it noted on my rez. We arrived at about 1 AM and were upgraded to Club Level anyway (b/c of Gold status). I guess on the other hand it is possible that the agent didn't even notice the notation re Amex + club.

Try [email protected].

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.