Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Visconti Rome, Italy, [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Visconti Rome, Italy, [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2016, 9:48 pm
JBD

Will be a category 4

Just noticed on the SPG site, that this property will be a Category 4, and it now says opening is Feb 1, 2017.

Here's the link: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ropertyID=4498

I then checked out the exisiting website to the property prior to its rebranding, called the Hotel Visconti Palace, and also the TripAdvisor reviews for that hotel.

Here are those links if others are interested:

http://www.viscontipalace.com/eng/index.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ome_Lazio.html
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:35 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
And it seems to be bookable in march and the following months.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 11:25 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Just happened to come across this. I'm not planning a trip to Rome any time soon but I wish I were because Cat 4 is an insane bargain for central Rome.

I would strongly recommend that anyone considering a trip to Rome speculatively book this property now ... I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up to Cat 5 even before it opens.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:05 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff
I would strongly recommend that anyone considering a trip to Rome speculatively book this property now ... I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up to Cat 5 even before it opens.
Just booked two rooms, five nights next summer for a total of 80K SPG points.

Amazing value.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 4:01 am

Programs: UA platinum, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Another room booked for next September
Old Nov 19, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
I just booked one room for 5 nights (5th night free) in late April for 11k per night. What a deal!! Originally I only intended to spend 2 nights in Rome but with this deal I decided to stay 5 and not rush.

I've got 170k Carlson points I'm trying to burn through but Radisson Blue in Rome sounded horrible. I guess I'll use them for 2 nights in Madrid.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 3:12 pm

Just realised that they have no award availability from the opening until August 2017, not for a single night. Reason for that seems to be that the have only Deluxe rooms and no Superior Rooms (1sqm smaller). It seems a bit odd that all Superior rooms are sold out for almost 1/2 a year for every single day...
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
Originally Posted by thomasito
Just realised that they have no award availability from the opening until August 2017, not for a single night. Reason for that seems to be that the have only Deluxe rooms and no Superior Rooms (1sqm smaller). It seems a bit odd that all Superior rooms are sold out for almost 1/2 a year for every single day...
Did you call SPG? I would call them again. I had no problem getting five nights together just a week or two ago. The woman I spoke to had to do some double checking and put me on hold but I got the reservation.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, AA Plat
Category Change from 4 to 5?

I just called into the platinum line to try to book 5 nights on points at this hotel, and the representative stated that for some reason she could not book the hotel. She called someone and came back saying that the hotel actually is changing to category 5, so I would not be able to book it until the category change is complete. I was hoping to book it at the 11,000 point per night rate for a deluxe room since it is still listed as category 4 (which the representative confirmed is the correct rate, except that she is unable to book it because it is suppressed). Has anyone encountered this before?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 11:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by cksnipe
I just called into the platinum line to try to book 5 nights on points at this hotel, and the representative stated that for some reason she could not book the hotel. She called someone and came back saying that the hotel actually is changing to category 5, so I would not be able to book it until the category change is complete. I was hoping to book it at the 11,000 point per night rate for a deluxe room since it is still listed as category 4 (which the representative confirmed is the correct rate, except that she is unable to book it because it is suppressed). Has anyone encountered this before?
There is no availability for award nights for any dates. Rooms were available for September, Oct, etc. at 10K a couple months ago. This could be related to a delay in opening and indeed change in category. Opening already moved to Feb 1, could be June 1, Dec 1, who knows. 4Ps in Regina, Canada opened 5 years late ).
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:06 pm
BCH

Are they still on track to open by February 1? I have a reservation, but have not heard anything.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Looks like category has changed to 5. Considering here vs HGI FCO for overnight (530pm arrival, 1220pm departure to US) and it's showing availability (which it didn't before) but at 12k/Cat5
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
I booked this a few months ago and it was already 12k/night then. Looking forward to trying it out!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:20 am

Has anyone stayed here since the handover on Feb 1st? I walked past today on the way to lunch and it still has work going on ( nothing structural , mostly cosmetic from the quick glance I had). The location is great: just 5 or 6 minute easy stroll from Piazza del Popolo/Flaminio Metro.
I have a stay booked for later in the week and presume it's open ( pre-stay confirmation email received). Looking forward to it.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:25 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
^ I have a stay this month from the 22nd to the 26th. Glad they made the handover without too long a delay and looking very forward to seeing the Le Méridien brand aesthetic in Rome! Wonder how the Plat upgrade perks will be executed here...

Will report back on my trip when I get there/after but hopefully someone'll drop a helpful pointer or two on here in the meantime.

khabah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.