Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Platinum Requalification Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: United Global Services 3MM, Marriott Ambassador, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry/NEXUS
Originally Posted by laughinlab2001
44 stays, 77 nights as of 9/30 for 2016... 577 nights lifetime.
Tonight I hit the illustrious P100 milestone...

60 stays, 100 nights as of 12/6 for 2016... 600 nights lifetime.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Received my email today.....

"Congratulations on earning Platinum status with the SPG® program. Your elite status is valid through February 28, 2018."

Not sure if this lines up with time period for Marriott renewal status or not. If not, it seems to be following Hyatt's timeline with its effective dates for status. I would not be surprised if the programs have similar alignment on qualifications (nights only and no stays, higher thresholds to reach Platinum, etc.) after the Mariott/SPG program merger. I would be lifetime platinum at end of 2018, but got a sneaking suspicion that it will not happen due to increased requirements for lifetime status.

We are going to have an influx of former Hyatt Diamonds focused on Marriott/SPG Platinum in 2017 (due to the changes in Hyatt program as of 3/1/17) and, after this merger, it may be groundhog day again for them on 3/1/18.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Currently at 35 nights. Have 15 nights from Dec 17-31 and so will requalify as Plat50 on Jan 1. Almost entirely personal travel this year as most of my business trips took me to non SPG hotels.

Have 10 nights already booked by Jan 15th so have a good start to next year lined up already!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: United Global Services 3MM, Marriott Ambassador, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry/NEXUS
Originally Posted by CrashDavis
Received my email today.....

"Congratulations on earning Platinum status with the SPG® program. Your elite status is valid through February 28, 2018."

Not sure if this lines up with time period for Marriott renewal status or not. If not, it seems to be following Hyatt's timeline with its effective dates for status. I would not be surprised if the programs have similar alignment on qualifications (nights only and no stays, higher thresholds to reach Platinum, etc.) after the Mariott/SPG program merger. I would be lifetime platinum at end of 2018, but got a sneaking suspicion that it will not happen due to increased requirements for lifetime status.

We are going to have an influx of former Hyatt Diamonds focused on Marriott/SPG Platinum in 2017 (due to the changes in Hyatt program as of 3/1/17) and, after this merger, it may be groundhog day again for them on 3/1/18.
My email was slightly different...

CONGRATULATIONS — YOU'VE EARNED
AMBASSADOR SERVICE FOR ANOTHER YEAR.

We hope you're enjoying the unprecedented level of service that comes with having access to a personal ambassador. And we're excited to let you know you've achieved it again

As a reminder, ambassador service is earned after staying with us for 100 nights in a calendar year. It's one of the most personalized benefits available anywhere — a single point of contact who can help make everything fall into place when you travel, who knows your needs and preferences so your travel experience is exceptional every time.

Congratulations on a repeat performance. We're thrilled to see you so often and look forward to providing you with another year of this exclusive service. Plus, we invite you to visit spg.com/ambassador for some insider tips on using your benefit to the fullest.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
I've gone past 100 but I think I am missing a few nights in my account but can't be bothered following up
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Just re-qualified for Plat yesterday with 51 nights and 23 stays. This marks my 10th year as SPG PLAT... Only 78 nights left to make SPG Lifetime PLAT, and I still have 10 nights booked this year.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Re-qualified for P100 again on Wednesday and will finish with 103 or 104 nights this year with another 80 nights at Hyatt.

No recognition by my ambassador or the hotel I stay at every week of my milestone.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I'm Lifetime Plat so I didn't need to re-qualify, but I had a busy year. So for the 12th year in a row I hit Plat, but this time I hit 51 nights, so I was happy to see my first batch of SNAs deposited. I still have a trip to Maui on Sunday and my usual 2 nights over Christmas, so I'll be at 58 nights at the end of the year. I have to admit, traveling as a Lifetime Plat was nice. Instead of branching out to build up my Hilton account, I stayed with Starwood and was happy. And now I have SNAs to play with next year. Between the upgrades and the amazing service, I can't complain. I'm still unsure as to why Lifetime Plats don't get Ambassadors, but I've lived this long without one.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
Finally hit my 50 nights for platinum for this year - took a long time it seems (hit Hyatt Diamond and SPG plat within the same month).
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:30 am

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Tonight is my first ever "mattress run" to hit SPG75. Flying out of LAX tomorrow so booked Sheraton Gateway. Def got a few confused looks from my friends when I told them I was staying out here and my flight is at 1255 pm
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond
Just requalified this weekend. Extremely small timer here and all on my own dime, but happy to hit Platinum again.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
I'm lifetime Platinum, but just finished my last Starwood stay for the year. I'm at 45 stays, 119 nights.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
So as the OP, should I be seeking totals and updating post #1 with the a leader board.
I'm booked through the 23rd of Dec bringing myself to 112.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:40 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Getting close to Plat100… I'll just barely squeeze it in before the new year. Earned Plat50 in Aug or so, Plat75 in Oct.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by schoflyer
I searched and searched but couldn't find this thread fired up for the 2017 status year (qualifying activity in 2016) as of yet!

I'm trying to punch my LTP status ticket and my schedule to do so was skewed toward early travel. I'm checking out of my 25th stay of the year today and requalifying for SPG Platinum for the 10th time.

I'll be crossing the 50 night threshold soon and grabbing my LTP status later in the month. Will likely go on to Plat 75 but not cross this threshold until Dec 2016

Any other early Plat status earners out there or has everyone else deserted?

Cheers and good luck to all during this turbulent year filled with questions!!!

-Scho
At 81 night with 4 more to go this year (604 LT nights ) - this was year 9 for PT. Hopefully I can do year 10 next year and reach LTPT before they merge the programs !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.