Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG should investigate Aloft Taipei's refusal to recognize Plat benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG should investigate Aloft Taipei's refusal to recognize Plat benefits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by CIT85
No different from Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden Inn not having any upgrades for HH Diamond members. The low end properties just don't have much and not designed for guests wanting suites.

If you want an upgrade, stay away from the hip, low end properties, and don't complain.
I hardly think an Aloft that wants over $200 a night is "low end". The one in downtown Charlotte is usually over $250 a night. Most Alofts in downtown/CBD areas are quite expensive.

Element is also not a Hampton Inn. I have never stayed there for less than $150/night.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Not related but I was denied late checkout by Four Points Taipei, a complain only gets a standard response from their management: "we will continue to train our staff...."
i've been plat for 8 years now & only twice have i been refused a 4pm checkout at a non-resort/conference property....both times i showed them the t&c on the spg site & refused to leave before 4pm....the first time it worked & the second time i had to call my ambassador while still at the property to get them to honour it....
Old Feb 20, 2016, 12:10 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Completed stay a few days ago, confirmed check-out time at 4pm afternoon when I arrived and no question asked.

No upgrades in terms of room category, other than higher floor which I think is pretty standard treatment for elites. A coupon for hot drinks (coffee/tea) is given for gold/platinum members (only) when staying, and there was also a welcome note and bag of chips in the room when I arrived.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 6:45 am

The front desk associate of this property isn't too familiar with spg benefits. I informed over the phone I am a SPG Corporate Member and requested for a 4PM late checkout but request was denied. He seemed puzzled at my request. Then I ringed up the SPG Customer Center and filed a complaint. The next day received a call from the manager and 4PM late check out was honored.
So the conclusion is, to save everyone some valuable time, just directly speak to the manager.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.