Wiki Posts
Search

Two Platinum Challenge questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Two Platinum Challenge questions

Thanks in advance for the help!

1) I completed my 18th night during my challenge period last Thursday and the stay posted last Friday. How long will it take for my status to update? I saw a post from a year or so ago that said it updates every Tuesday, anyone know if that's still correct? I have a stay from today through Monday night and another stay from Tuesday through Thursday night, so obviously I'd like the status to update from a points perspective.

2) Will they treat a "challenge" Platinum different than a "normal" Platinum? I don't really care other than the points, but I am curious.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by NewConsultantSOS

1) I completed my 18th night during my challenge period last Thursday and the stay posted last Friday. How long will it take for my status to update? I saw a post from a year or so ago that said it updates every Tuesday, anyone know if that's still correct? I have a stay from today through Monday night and another stay from Tuesday through Thursday night, so obviously I'd like the status to update from a points perspective.

2) Will they treat a "challenge" Platinum different than a "normal" Platinum? I don't really care other than the points, but I am curious.
I just completed my challenge. It took 8 business days for my status to be reflected. I can't comment on if they will treat me differently. I have yet to stay at a property after achieving platinum.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: UA GS & Marriott Titanium
It took about 8 days for me as well.

I didn't notice any differences being a challenge plat vs what I've experienced being a regular plat. Upgrades are hit or miss based on the property. Point bonuses post as normal.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Platinum
I did my platinum challenge when I started travelling last year - no difference in treatment before or after I re-qualified for 2016 the hard way.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:03 am

I qualified via Plat challenge last year. Had 4 stays this year, no suite upgrade yet.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
So you gave up on Marriott already?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:03 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SPG Plat
From my interactions with front desk, they aren't able to tell what "type" of platinum level (P50, P75, P100) you are unless they guess. So I don't think they can tell in this case either but I might be wrong.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

I wish I could keep with Marriott, but my company doesn't allow me to stay in Marriotts in the city I'm in.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

It does sound like they do sweeps to post the status changes. You might be able to call in and get someone to push it through or maybe they can do it retroactively after the stay if points are your only concern.

Generally, all Platinums should be treated alike, they may look deeper if they need to determine which Plat to upgrade. Say they only have two suites available for upgrade and five Plats in house that night. They may look to nights YTD or the such to break the ties (yes, it should be time of check in, but we know some properties pre-block rooms). So being on a challenge, you may have fewer nights than someone that did the 25 nights or more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.