Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Ottawa or Westin Ottawa - 2004 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Ottawa or Westin Ottawa - 2004 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2009, 3:14 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
just one comment...

Thanks for sizing your pictures so they are pleasantly viewable without taking up all 17" (plus) of viewing space on my screen for each one.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Apr 15, 2009, 4:51 pm

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Thanks for sizing your pictures so they are pleasantly viewable without taking up all 17" (plus) of viewing space on my screen for each one.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
You should be thanking your own graphics department... the images are loading directly from the SPG site

I'll do a detailed review (with lots of pictures) of both the Ottawa Sheraton and Westin after this weekend for the benefit of those on Flyertalk.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 5:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, AC E50K
Westin is hands down the nicer of the two.,Costs more, no free breaky and the parking will cost you dearly, but always my first choice.
Got a suite, at the Westin last time a little noisy ( think reno construction noise) but nice. Nice lobby, Ok work-out area, great access to downtown Mall (Attached to Rideau centre) New rooms are very nice.

just stayed at the Sheraton this week (because of price) which despite the wonderful staff, is old and tired. Plat Lounge was closed because hotel was quiet, but got free cont B, Got upgraded to perferred floor Couldnt tell except for the bottle of water and the robe. the Sheraton rooms are old and tired and I could hear the guy in the next room as if he was in mine. On the Week-ends you can park in the street for free.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 1:56 pm

Just had a stay at the Sheraton Ottawa myself. Nice upgrade to a great suite.

Outstanding service, which is why I always chose the Sheraton over the Westin whenever I can.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 6:12 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
The Sheraton Ottawa has suites??

The only suite I know of is the one on the 17th floor, and that's usually rented out to functions.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 8:34 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Braindrain
The Sheraton Ottawa has suites??

The only suite I know of is the one on the 17th floor, and that's usually rented out to functions.
Dear Braindrain,

There are two types of suites in this property. The Royal and the Imperial suites and the most significant difference would be the type of bedding between them.

There is also one of each in this property. In total, it would be two non-smoking suites.

I found availability for some dates towards end May(both suites) as well. But for those interested, do call up your Contact Center to find out more.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Apr 17, 2009, 4:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
Originally Posted by maxxmaxx
Plat Lounge was closed because hotel was quiet, but got free cont B,
Continental breakfast? Whenever the lounge is closed, I've been given a coupon for the FULL breakfast buffet on the main floor.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 6:10 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Dear Braindrain,

There are two types of suites in this property. The Royal and the Imperial suites and the most significant difference would be the type of bedding between them.

There is also one of each in this property. In total, it would be two non-smoking suites.

I found availability for some dates towards end May(both suites) as well. But for those interested, do call up your Contact Center to find out more.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Thanks, Thyetus. Now I can ask them which suite I'll be staying in...
Old Apr 18, 2009, 1:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Just stayed at the Westin Ottawa and as Plat got a Jr. Suite. These Jr. Suites are in the middle of the hotel, without a view of Parliament, right next to the elevators. Great room, great bathroom, just no view of Parliament. Next time, I'll forgo the suite next time for the better view I think.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 8:39 am

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Just a heads up to all the folks who regularily used the World Exchange Plaza as free parking while staying at the Sheraton.

The lot is under new management and they've eliminated overnight parking altogether unless you're a monthly pass holder. I parked at a lot just south of the hotel on Metcalfe last night and had a $20 ticket on my window this morning. (Vinci Park) The automated machines there will not let you pay for anything past 5:00am the next morning. Showed up at 6:45 this morning to feed the meter and the ticket was already on the window.

Although it's $6 a day on weekends, the parking lot about 2 minutes directly east of the hotel is a nice spot to park overnight if you dont want to leave your vehicle on the street. (An outdoor Impark lot that's accessable from either Albert or Slater) The Westin is also a short walk from that lot across the Mackenzie King Bridge.

Anyone know of some alternate indoor parking lots that are free/cheap, have 24/7 access and is within a short walk of the Sheraton?
Old Apr 30, 2009, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by lardiop
Just a heads up to all the folks who regularily used the World Exchange Plaza as free parking while staying at the Sheraton.

The lot is under new management and they've eliminated overnight parking altogether unless you're a monthly pass holder. I parked at a lot just south of the hotel on Metcalfe last night and had a $20 ticket on my window this morning. (Vinci Park) The automated machines there will not let you pay for anything past 5:00am the next morning. Showed up at 6:45 this morning to feed the meter and the ticket was already on the window.
I was under the impression that this ban on overnight parking was simply a temporary measure until the end of the month as a result of the Tamil protests in Ottawa. If somebody happens to be back at the Sheraton soon, would they be able to update?
Old Apr 30, 2009, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by CorSter
I was under the impression that this ban on overnight parking was simply a temporary measure until the end of the month as a result of the Tamil protests in Ottawa. If somebody happens to be back at the Sheraton soon, would they be able to update?
I'll probably be back through in a few weeks but I'd really like to know whats up. The Tamil protests were on when I was there last which could explain things.

The lot attendant was clueless when asked when the overnight policy changed.
Old May 1, 2009, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Sign as you enter the lot, still says free weekends, however placard inside says no overnite parking, but rate card lists 6pm - 12 am rate of $6 and 12 am - 6 am rate of $6, so not sure what the real deal is.

d.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:30 pm

Got some stays coming up at the Ottawa Sheraton.

Anyone have some updated overnight parking information at the World Exchange Plaza?
Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lardiop
Got some stays coming up at the Ottawa Sheraton.

Anyone have some updated overnight parking information at the World Exchange Plaza?
No updated info on parking from me, but the New GM has reduced the benefit of Free Buffet for plats on the weekend, to Continental Buffet. You can buy up to the hot food for $2 a day more, but the restaurant manager and staff said they were incredulous at the staff meeting the day before this new policy came into play. They suggested complaining, as they didn't think it was right either. Now I can afford the $2 and don't really care, but I don't want to be nickeled and dimed. Raise rates by $2 a night, absorb the cost somewhere else, but don't pull silly crap like this. You just end up pissing off your regular guests who in the past chose your hotel over nicer options because of the benefits they receive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.