Wiki Posts
Search

Bathrobes sizes in USA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2003, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Skymiles Gold, Staralliance Gold
Bathrobes sizes in USA

I'm big, or let's say simply fat. Around 175 cm and 115 Kg. I'm used to see much bigger people in the US, both taller and fatter.
I don't have problems with the bathrobes in most Starwood european hotels. They use to have XXL or large XL sizes, and even when they only have one size it tends to be large enough.
I use to travel to the US in the summer. And I'm usually finding one-size-fits-all bathrobes in Starwood US hotels. And those sizes are not big enough for me (so I suppose thay are neither for plenty of american people).

How is it possible that in the country with possibly the fattest population in the world (sorry to say it that way, but I also call myself fat) some of the finest hotels don't have bathrobes for that people ?

One thing is that I say I'm fat, and other one is being reminded of it at any hotel you go as soon as you try the one-size-fits-all bathrobe.
Old Sep 1, 2003, 7:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Have you tried calling down and seeing if they could bring up a robe in a larger size?
Old Sep 1, 2003, 7:15 am

I am an American. I am small (5'2" and modest weight). I can barely fit in the U.S. bathrobes let alone the European ones. They hang down to the floor and the sleeves obscure my hands and fall into the sink. So what do I do? Move on with life - there are plenty of other things to worry about. If hotels had to stock multiple sizes of bathrobes, then we would all be assured of getting NONE.
Old Sep 1, 2003, 10:23 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Usually those robes don't fit me since they are too large. So simply don't use one !
Old Sep 1, 2003, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Well for me they are always too small. I think it is easier to roll up yoru sleeves or wrap it around yourself if it is too big. If it's too small fro us then we cant lengthen the sleeves or stretch it ot fit around ourselves. My g/f is only 5"2' as well and she just gets cozy in bathrobes that I can't fit in because I am 6"4'. ( and when she wears them, they dont drag on the ground)
Old Sep 1, 2003, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA *G
Well I'm a very short kid. Don't ask me how I put the heavenly robe on. It was VERY droopy.
Old Sep 1, 2003, 4:11 pm

Location: FL, UA 1K 2M, NH DIA, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, National Emer Exec
They usually come in one large and one small size.

My concern has been whether they are cleaned since used by the last occupant. Some are in dry clean plastic wraps that give a better cleaniness confidence, some are just simply hanging without the belt tied, these are the ones I dare not use.
Old Sep 1, 2003, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by WINGOFLY:
They usually come in one large and one small size.

My concern has been whether they are cleaned since used by the last occupant. Some are in dry clean plastic wraps that give a better cleaniness confidence, some are just simply hanging without the belt tied, these are the ones I dare not use.
</font>

Good point!! To be honest, I never though of that, I guess I always figured it would be aprt of the room cleaing to have new ones put in......I'll stop complaining (and using them) I guess.
Old Sep 1, 2003, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Skymiles Gold, Staralliance Gold
I don't think having two sizes would be such a problem. They do in many places, and I usually find them in Europe. At the W The Court (and maybe at all W?) they only have one size (too small for me). Same as Westin Times Square or Moana Surfrider. I'm at the Russell NYC now, and they also only have one size.....too big. If they exchange some bathrobes with the W (a five minutes walk), everybody could be satisfied...that's a joke, but I seriously think that Starwood could do something better about this. I love bathrobes, but I don't love them in my luggage when I travel. And I trust about their cleanliness, same as I trust about clean bathrooms, etc.
Old Sep 2, 2003, 12:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Z-man:

Good point!! To be honest, I never though of that, I guess I always figured it would be aprt of the room cleaing to have new ones put in......I'll stop complaining (and using them) I guess.
</font>
You've got me thinking too. I walk by those housekeeping carts on a daily basis and see all sorts of soaps, magazines, cleaning supplies, linens and towels stacked on them. I've never seen any robes. I wonder where the "clean" ones come from?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.