Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Earning points for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2016, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Earning points for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Hmm. Well just a few months ago I had > 3 rooms - the manager specifically reminded me I would not get credit for more than 3 rooms under the SPG T&C. Guess it's another YMMV situation.
Yes, it can vary greatly. And making some excuse to have all the charges in one bill could very well get you the points. A similar tactic can be used when the T&Cs call for the member to stay & pay... Use a non-member card to pay for all but the last dollar and the member pay for that. This has worked for promos requiring payment by VISA, company card for all but a dollar and final payment by VISA.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Hmm. Well just a few months ago I had > 3 rooms - the manager specifically reminded me I would not get credit for more than 3 rooms under the SPG T&C. Guess it's another YMMV situation.
Did you end up getting more than 3 rooms worth of credit then?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Multiple rooms with different start dates

If I book and pay for one room for 10 nights, a second room for the last 6 nights and a third room for the last 2 nights (all on different reservations under my name), will I get night credits for all 18 nights?

I would personally check-in for all three rooms (together with the other guests). Check-out for all three rooms is on the same date and I will pay for all three rooms together.

What if check-out is on different dates?

Thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by DUflyer
If I book and pay for one room for 10 nights, a second room for the last 6 nights and a third room for the last 2 nights (all on different reservations under my name), will I get night credits for all 18 nights?

I would personally check-in for all three rooms (together with the other guests). Check-out for all three rooms is on the same date and I will pay for all three rooms together.

What if check-out is on different dates?

Thanks.
IF everything works right, yes, you should. Now will the property mess up and try to deny credit, maybe. But a phone call to SPG should get it cleared up. There's been nothing in the T&Cs saying the booking must mirror each other, only that member must be staying and paying for the rooms.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by RogerD408
IF everything works right, yes, you should. Now will the property mess up and try to deny credit, maybe. But a phone call to SPG should get it cleared up. There's been nothing in the T&Cs saying the booking must mirror each other, only that member must be staying and paying for the rooms.
I concur.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Thanks for the super fast reply!

What if I physically stay only for the 6 nights and not the ten nights?
(Assuming there is no bed patrol who checks if I am actually sleeping in a room)
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the super fast reply!

What if I physically stay only for the 6 nights and not the ten nights?
(Assuming there is no bed patrol who checks if I am actually sleeping in a room)
Technically, that is against the T&Cs. But yes, no one will be doing a bed check to make sure you are there. Yes, your guests can walk out on the last day, or checkout via TV, if available, and everything will be fine.

Do make sure someone from each room is included on the registration so if something should happen and they need a new key or some such they can do it.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:15 pm

Is it possible to get a stay credit for three nights at two different hotels at the same time? I'll have a stay at the Sheraton Jumeirah Beach, though I'd also like to get another 3 night credit at the Sheraton Deira as the daily rate is pretty low.
Will I get both credits or only one?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Mystery7
Is it possible to get a stay credit for three nights at two different hotels at the same time? I'll have a stay at the Sheraton Jumeirah Beach, though I'd also like to get another 3 night credit at the Sheraton Deira as the daily rate is pretty low.
only one....
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Only multiple rooms (up to 3 rooms) is allowed.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The T&Cs call for member to stay and pay to get credit. There are some exceptions, but I've never seen it granted for two different properties in the same general vicinity. Although it might post, it may also get taken away if SPG has any reason to review your account. This review could happen late in the year and making up the missing three nights might be tough to do.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:59 pm

What about two properties in the same building?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
What about two properties in the same building?
You mean like Park Tower Buenos Aires and the Sheraton?

You would think this would be okay, wouldn't you?

I guess if it ever came up for review by Account Integrity you could explain it... but technically, it's a no-no.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
You would think this would be okay, wouldn't you?
I wouldn't. They're still two separate properties, and you generally can't get credit for two properties the same night.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: SQ*G, SPG Platinum, FPC Premier
I have a question re the "booked in your name" clause, and apologize if this has been responded to in one of the posts in this thread. It's difficult for me to go through all 17 pages of this (and the other thread on the same topic) cos I'm on mobile with very slow internet connection.

I booked three rooms while logged on to the SPG website, and during the confirmation process was asked to fill in names of people in the second and third rooms.

I filled them in with the names of my travel companions. I intend to pay for them all.

Will I be eligible to the points/stays/nights from this?

Since they were booked under my name (as in the email goes to me and the booking is logged in my SPG account) but are also under other people's names (cos they offered me to fill those in).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.