FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Four Points Brauneck Germany [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/173359-four-points-brauneck-germany-master-thread.html)

hoieunkim Apr 30, 2003 1:39 pm

Four Points Brauneck Germany [Master Thread]

edited

LV2FLY May 1, 2003 12:54 am

I stayed there last year for a couple of nights. About an hour and a half drive from Munich, close to the Austrian border. Quaint, charming area with small towns, rivers and mountanous terrain (ski resorts in Winter), hiking/nature trails etc. Did some day trips into Austria (Innsbruck, Hall, etc.) very scenic drive, traversing lakes, rivers and some great picnik spots on the way.
Hotel is located near the center of town, nice staff, very clean and quaint, great breakfast buffet and great weekday rates (around 75 Euros).

hoieunkim May 1, 2003 6:20 am

edited

JR-Flyer May 1, 2003 12:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LV2FLY:
I stayed there last year for a couple of nights. About an hour and a half drive from Munich, close to the Austrian border. Quaint, charming area with small towns, rivers and mountanous terrain (ski resorts in Winter), hiking/nature trails etc. Did some day trips into Austria (Innsbruck, Hall, etc.) very scenic drive, traversing lakes, rivers and some great picnik spots on the way.
Hotel is located near the center of town, nice staff, very clean and quaint, great breakfast buffet and great weekday rates (around 75 Euros).
</font>
Wow, short and precise. Here some additional informations.

I stayed there 3 times (single days) in summer 2002. Its a good starting point for hiking in the alps. Not that high mountain, but with more lovely nature and aswell impressive.
On the near Brauneck (like everywhere else) are Houses where you can stay overnight in the mountains.
If you understand german here more information: http://www.lenggries.de/sommer.htm

Here a panorama-map: http://www.lenggries.de/plan_sommer.htm

For a hotel in the alps the view from the room is not that great one. The cheaper higher-floor (classic) rooms might be better for it.
The better rooms (executiv) on lower floors have better furniture, i liked them more.

The location is in a residential area, so no nature at the door, but you can walk to the citycenter and enjoy the life (restaurants, beergarden).

The main customers of the hotel seems to be the user of the conference-center. During summer holiday is off-season for conferences. So last summer in August the hotel was closed for holiday. This year (2003) no rooms are available after Aug 3. until around 20..I think they will close at that time.
The remaining time of public holiday in Bavaria until Sep 8. might offer very cheap rates. Last year around middle of June I got for my stays at the end of August a rate of 52 Euro incl. bfast!

A advantage of using *wood in this holiday-region is the cancellation-policy. Also the hotel is not packed with tourists who flood the restaurant. But due to the conference center you might occasionaly not be alone.

Free parking in front of the hotel, or at the nearby streets. Hotel has aswell garage.

For the winter-season you might find better hotels. More snow in higher regions, better connection to the lifts, more reasonable rates.

In summer the Sheraton Spitzingsee in the vicinity offers sometimes rates of around 100 Euro and below. The location is a dream and you have a warm pool inside (This spring - summer the pool will be reconstructed). You are really in the nature. (There is nothing except a few hotels and houses, and a nice lake surrounded by the mountains )

hoieunkim May 1, 2003 1:11 pm

edited

rcs85551 May 1, 2003 11:40 pm

They did a lot of reconstruction last year to the guest rooms at the Arabella Spitzingsee Hotel. Redeemed one of my free weekend nights there and enjoyed the stay a lot.

I would not worry too much about the reconstruction of the wellness area - the best wellness you can find is by going outside hiking or so! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

JR-Flyer Jun 16, 2003 3:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hoieunkim:

Also, it's a pleasant surprise to know that the hotel Brauneck seems to include breakfast buffet even to award stays: "Room Amenities: Classic Non-Smoking Room, Buffet Breakfast, Hairdryer, Bavarian Style Room, Trouser Press In Room."

I look forward to staying here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
</font>
hoieunkim, did you stay there?
I`m wondering if buffet Breakfast was included or not.

In all rates of the hotel (best rate, weekendrates with bfast and so on) is that room amenity written: Buffet bfast.

Somebody knows if it is than really within the rate or just a option to have something to eat at morning?

hoieunkim Jun 17, 2003 5:18 pm

thanks

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Jun 5, 2006 3:53 pm

Any recent experiences here? I've reserved a week at the 4P Brauneck for Christmas-New Years. Got an excellent rate (145EUR) for a suite. Was wondering if I can rely on ski hills in the area to be open in late December/early January, as this area does not appear to be as high in elevation as Spitzingsee. Would also appreciate hearing from anyone who has stayed in a suite at this property. My better half wants to go somewhere cold this winter (She lives in New Orleans, myself in Houston...so we're reverse snowbirds), and am debating between Bavarian Alps & Anchorage...reviews of the Anchorage Sheraton put me off staying there though.

Counsellor Jun 24, 2006 12:18 pm

I've stayed there a number of times, but never in the winter so I can't answer your questions concerning skiing. Maybe you could e-mail the property itself for that information?

As a Platinum (then) I was upgraded to a Bavarian suite. Four-poster bed, rustic furnishings, two large rooms. I was very satisfied.

One really nice thing about the hotel is that it is about a five minute walk to the train station where a regional train leaves about hourly (during the day) for Munich. The trip takes about an hour, and the scenery is great. If your "week for Christmas-New Years" includes days leading up to Christmas, you'd enjoy the Christmas Market in Munich. (The train also has indoor plumbing, in case you feel the urge brought on by enjoying some of Munich's finest.)

Cap'n Adventure Dec 18, 2006 6:22 pm

4Points Brauneck (Germany)--no availability 3/26-30

I was trying to book a stay at the Four Points Brauneck, and found the hotel had no rooms available (revenue our award) for any one night from 3/26-30, 2007. Reservations didn't have any insight beyond the hotel being sold out.

I know this type of topic has been addressed before, but I thought I would throw this out there, just in case anyone had any insight about this particular hotel on these dates. Some kind of special event? Closed for renovations? Is the hotel just really that popular? Or maybe just a glitch in the reservations system?

ldsant Dec 18, 2006 11:11 pm

If you are a Platinum you can "force" a reservation (pay rack rate though). Also, I'm not sure where Brauneck is - if you could please provide this I'll change the title of the thread to help others as well. Thanks!

TerryK Dec 19, 2006 12:06 am

It is to the south of Munich, Germany, in the Bavarian Alps.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...propertyID=117

dreamytraveller May 21, 2008 2:32 pm

hi, are there any more recent reports for this- im curious on the skiing, im a nervous intermediate/excellent beginner..!

any recent reviews of spizingsee would also be interesting- particularly their food quality in the restaurant.., im choosing between these 2 and the ic berchesgaden.. thanks!

Helena Handbaskets May 23, 2008 11:43 am

My memory's a bit fuzzy on this, but I seem to recall reading a few months ago that this property was leaving Starwood.