Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[I received a gift of] Vosges Haut-Chocolat truffles

[I received a gift of] Vosges Haut-Chocolat truffles

Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:25 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Based in Chicago and I believe mine wash shipped from there.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
I saw this thread and then I got a message that there was a package for me at my building office. I wasn't expecting anything so I got all excited that something delicious was waiting for me. Tragically, it turned out that the mailman got lazy yesterday and, instead of putting the mail in the mailboxes, just dropped it all off at the office.

I want my delicious chocolates!
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by PremEx
Got mine today. I don't use Amex at all. But on the back of the card was a message thanking me for over a decade of Platinum and earning Lifetime Platinum in 2015.

Thank You Starwood. Very nice of you.
So in other words, my 118 nights this year have no chance
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:07 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Delta, United, Marriott, British Airways, Virgin, American
Chocolates?

Can Lurkers explain who gets the chocolates?
I'm lifetime gold, 10 years+platinum, 72 nights in 2015, long-time AmEx card holder
Will I get the surprise?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Got an email from FedEx today that I have a package from "Zach Jurosz, VOSGES HAUT-CHOCOLAT, Chicago, IL,US" that will be delivered on 24 Dec and the reference is "SPG-P75" which seems like a reference to "Platinum 75".

But I'm currently Platinum 100 and will be going to Platinum 50 next year (due to only 54 stays at SPG this year).

Wonder if there is different chocolate for different levels or just different notes.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 9:40 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I actually sent better chocolates to my ambassador as thanks for all of her help this year.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
Got an email from FedEx today that I have a package from "Zach Jurosz, VOSGES HAUT-CHOCOLAT, Chicago, IL,US" that will be delivered on 24 Dec and the reference is "SPG-P75" which seems like a reference to "Platinum 75".
Yep. My FedEx reference said "SPG-LPT" which jives with what is printed on the back of the "A Little Treat...A Big Thank You" card: That I received it for(and was likely triggered by) achieving Lifetime Platinum in 2015. That card also has a "SPG-LP" code on it.

Those that have received it and are still speculating as to why...did you look on the back of that card? I'm guessing it should say, as it did on mine.

"Congratulations on achieving SPG Lifetime Platinum in 2015. A decade of Platinum status is an extraordinary achievement, and we could not be happier to count you among our most elite members. Year after year, you make us better.

Thank you for your part in a sweet 2015."
Old Dec 20, 2015, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by etsmyers
So in other words, my 118 nights this year have no chance
Maybe it's similar to the AMB theory that only those that stay at StR and LC get the extra special treatment
Old Dec 20, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: TWA Platinum Ambassador, Eastern Stratosphere, NWA Gold Elite
Mine came a couple of days ago and is under the tree.

Only a gold (over and over) but do a bit of business on my 20 year AMEX.

Actually a pleasant surprise.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 6:01 am

My box chocolates came Saturday and congratulated me on making Lifetime Platinum this year. Having been left out of the targeted promotions this year, it felt nice to have some type of special recognition. . Although I am normally a glass-half-full kind of person, it was a bit of a bittersweet moment realizing this was (likely) the last surprise holiday gift from my beloved SPG program. Photo books, Hulu subscriptions, $25 gift certificates...always appreciated the little gifts.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:14 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
There are definitely different criteria.

SPG-P75
SPG-AMEX15
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:48 pm
uxb

I guess I'm not eligible. Just as well. Half of the chocolates appear to contain nuts, which would've been wasted on me thanks to a tree nut allergy. I prefer free nights anyway, but I suppose gifts like that is how *wood ended up merging with Marriott in the first place.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by uxb
I guess I'm not eligible. Just as well. Half of the chocolates appear to contain nuts, which would've been wasted on me thanks to a tree nut allergy.
Reminds me of the time I picked up my insulin supplies at the village pharmacy; the pharmacist gave me a box of chocolates as a Christmas gift.

Cheers,
Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:49 pm
uxb

Originally Posted by Flews
Reminds me of the time I picked up my insulin supplies at the village pharmacy; the pharmacist gave me a box of chocolates as a Christmas gift.

Cheers,
LOL! That's just plain dumb. Anyway, happy holidays!
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I got mine yesterday. The note enclosed thanked me for achieving Lifetime Platinum Status. I love the little "map" naming each truffle after a different hotel. They're very good truffles! That said, I would've MUCH rather have received ONE SNA with my Lifetime Plat Status than a box of truffles. Or the old Plat gift of half off points stays at any SPG hotel. But since they offered chocolates, I'm happy to have them!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.