Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Dolphin - Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walt Disney World Dolphin - Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2004, 8:29 am

Programs: UA Global Services - 1 MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Platinum
Mephisto101 - Any update on the upgrade you got at the SWAN? Any trip report?
Old Sep 25, 2004, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mephisto101 - Any update on the upgrade you got at the SWAN? Any trip report?
I don't think they can answer that question yet as I don't think they've stayed there yet:

We are headed to the Swan in Feb and booked a studio room. Sadly we are no longer Plat. I have no idea what upgrade I will recieve as Gold at the Swan. Probably zilch!
Old Nov 26, 2004, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Thousand Mile Club
We were at the Dolphin during this same time frame. June 4th thru 14th. Both my family, wife, two daughters (3 yrs and 8 months at the time). My mom and my siter and her daughter were there . The first night we had a view of the back of the hotel and the service entrance. My wife got us new rooms the next night. She did very good we had refurbished rooms that faced, epcot and their nightly fireworks. It was on Floor 5, I belive the room number was 5027. We loved and plan on staying either there or at the Swan next time at Disney World. My wife loved the Sheraton bedding. So anytime she talks about staying somewhere else, I remind her about the bedding, that is all it takes.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 7:06 am

Dolphin - Club Floor Suite; what to expect

All - upgraded nicely in advance of arrival to a Club Room Suite at the Dolphin in Orlando. Any recent experiences?

Thx in advance - Jamie
Old Dec 6, 2005, 8:49 am

Was there Oct. for a conference for 10 days, got upgrade to Club floor also. Most rooms have been newly decorate. Some rooms even have sofa that open to sleeper beds (these rooms are a little bigger than the normal rooms(could even be a jr. suite on the club floor)) The club has decent breakfast food, breads, pastries, fruit etc. In the evening snacks for cheese & crackers as well as something hot along with fruit, sodas, cookies. I have been at the Dolphin & Swan approx. 8 times in the last 5 years. They have been doing nice work to upgrade things all over the place, every once and awhile something you want maybe closed as a result. The ice cream parlor was closed when I was there, my kids were upset by this. All of the staff I have ever encountered are really nice and try hard to fix whatever maybe wrong or really make your stay enjoyable. If you are doing the mouse thing, you cant beat the shuttle buses outside the front of the hotel or the boat to epcot right from the dock inbetween the 2 hotels. The boardwalk is nice in the evening and you can see the disney fireworks. If you have specific questions let me know and I will try and answer them.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond, SPG Gold (lifetime)
Did not get upgraded to Club floor during my last 2 stays, but did have access to the lounge. Very good b'fast that got my wife and kids through a good part of the day. Staff there even packaged up some stuff for her to take --- milk, water, etc.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:31 pm

How to get Platinum upgrade at Dolphin

Hi all, will be platinum for the first time soon. I was thinking of booking at the Dolphin in Orlando from Dec 30 - Jan 7. What is the best way to get a suite upgrade? Some posts suggests i need to book through SPG.com, thoughts? Also, If I won't be officially platinum until monday, should I wait to book? or does it not matter? Is there a way to check and see what sort of availability there would be for a platinum upgrade or do I need to wait and see?
Old Dec 24, 2005, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA MM, SPG Plat., HHonors GLD, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Woodsmit
What is the best way to get a suite upgrade? Some posts suggests i need to book through SPG.com, thoughts? Also, If I won't be officially platinum until monday, should I wait to book? or does it not matter? Is there a way to check and see what sort of availability there would be for a platinum upgrade or do I need to wait and see?
Booking through SPG.com is not essential- IMHO. Your ability to get an upgrade depends on suite availability at the time of check-in. You've probably read the detail here:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ditions.html#6
I would book now, and then begin calling 3-days before check-in to see what the availibility looks like for the upgrade. In the end, you are at mercy of guests who arrive before you check-in, and pay for these rooms.

sd
Old Dec 25, 2005, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
I'd make a room request for a suite, noting your status, via their website: www.swandolphin.com

It's under the "Reservations" button, IRRC.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 5:14 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by slippahs
I'd make a room request for a suite, noting your status, via their website: www.swandolphin.com

It's under the "Reservations" button, IRRC.
Thanks for a good idea we are just thinking about going with the kids.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 7:16 am

Thanks for the info. I have a couple of followups:

1) Do you guys think there is any benefit to waiting to tommorow to book when I officially have 25 stays for the year? (though they may not have all posted by then) or should I just book now?

2) It is my 1 year anniversary with my girlfriend; would it help to fax or call the hotel with this tidbit?

Thanks!
Old Dec 25, 2005, 11:42 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
From what I have heard at the front dresk, rooms are normally assigned in the mornings, not directly at check-in, so checking in early doesn't really do anything. I find that just noting "SPG PLATINUM - UPGRADE IF AVAILABLE PLS" in the special requests box is enough. I don't think faxing a nice letter or whatever is going to make a difference, your upgrade relies on availability.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Some GMs are nice enough to upgrade based on special occasions in advance. If you find out the name of the GM of the Dolphin, it wouldn't hurt to give him/her a call/fax explaining the circumstances. It never hurts to ask.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 3:40 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Realize that you are staying in a PEAK season (over NYE as well as still vacation travellers). So it's important to remember that it is an upgrade to the best available room at the time of check-in. I would suggest that if you need a suite then call the hotel to see if you can use points to upgrade to one (they sometimes have this depending upon the hotel).

Congratulations on making Platinum! And your status isn't reflected in the system until after your 25th stay. Best to call spg and ensure that all of your reservations show the new status.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hhonors Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Conference rate question-WDW Dolphin Hotel

I am new to Starwood and was recently comped as Platinum. I am not very knowledgeable on the platinum benefits available for starwood so forgive me if my questions reflect this lack of knowledge. I have a 6 night stay at the WDW Dolphin in April. I have reserved the room at a conference rate of $181 per night. The reservation agent told me that I will get stay and point credit because I am reserving and paying for this myself. However, thet said I will not be eligible for any platinum amenities such as fitness center access, room uprade if available or lounge access. Is this information provided to me by the reservation agent accurate? If so, is this the norm for Starwood hotels or specific to the Dolphin? Are only conference rates subject to these limitations? Thanks for any information that can be provided.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.