Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG, 50 Nights Reward Question(s)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Cyst - as far as doing a mattress run to get to 50 nights, you are still eligible for suites at checkin without using a SNA. For 2015, I was only able to use 8 of my 10 SNAs. And the irony of that is that my best 2015 suite upgrade (Governor's Suite, Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina) was on a one night stay without a SNA because I booked the room at ~6PM and checked in at ~8PM. You can't use a SNA after 2PM the day prior.

I've gotten a lot of suites at checkin. Sometimes they were given to me, other times I've asked the FDC if there were any suites available.

To summarize, based on my experience, I wouldn't spend the money for mattress runs just to get to 50 nights. But if you are going to go that route, consider finding a Cat 1 hotel and using points or cash+points. And don't forget that you can book up to 3 rooms per night and receive credit for all 3 rooms. If you find a Cat 1 weekend rate and really want the SNAs, you can book 2 rooms for 2 nights or 3 roomsx1 night + 1 room for 1 night.

Originally Posted by clublounger
On what basis do you know that to be the case?
Lawyer? I've learned over time to use words/phrases like, 'in my opinion', 'usually', 'likely', 'I suspect' and other verbal hedges on FT to insulate myself from that kind of response.

While there are times where people make questionable statements that they've pulled from their rectum, I'd expect that Plats overwhelmingly choose SNAs over alternative rewards. I have no concrete proof that most plats choose SNAs.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by schranerli
Correct! You can become platinum in different ways. Challenge is one or sometimes they give it away to media, or do status match etc.. But you will only get the platinum gift, once you reached the 50 nights or the 25 stays.
I think you won't get gift just by doing 25 stays?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by fakeman
I think you won't get gift just by doing 25 stays?
Yes you are right! You need to stay the 50 night to get the gifts. I was wrong on that one.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:17 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Mattress Running for the SNA's

This is very helpful. Am at 45 nights now, with no further hotel nights planned, and was trying to get an idea if the SNA's at 50 nights would be worth the mattress run. I suppose it's a YMMV / to each his own decision.

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Cyst - as far as doing a mattress run to get to 50 nights, you are still eligible for suites at checkin without using a SNA. For 2015, I was only able to use 8 of my 10 SNAs. And the irony of that is that my best 2015 suite upgrade (Governor's Suite, Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina) was on a one night stay without a SNA because I booked the room at ~6PM and checked in at ~8PM. You can't use a SNA after 2PM the day prior.

I've gotten a lot of suites at checkin. Sometimes they were given to me, other times I've asked the FDC if there were any suites available.

To summarize, based on my experience, I wouldn't spend the money for mattress runs just to get to 50 nights. But if you are going to go that route, consider finding a Cat 1 hotel and using points or cash+points. And don't forget that you can book up to 3 rooms per night and receive credit for all 3 rooms. If you find a Cat 1 weekend rate and really want the SNAs, you can book 2 rooms for 2 nights or 3 roomsx1 night + 1 room for 1 night.

Lawyer? I've learned over time to use words/phrases like, 'in my opinion', 'usually', 'likely', 'I suspect' and other verbal hedges on FT to insulate myself from that kind of response.

While there are times where people make questionable statements that they've pulled from their rectum, I'd expect that Plats overwhelmingly choose SNAs over alternative rewards. I have no concrete proof that most plats choose SNAs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.