Wiki Posts
Search

Stayed 3 nights but counted as 1 night only

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, National Exec Elite
Stayed 3 nights but counted as 1 night only

I had a booking to stay 2 nights. Last minute, I needed to stay another night, so instead of changing reservation to 3 nights, I booked separately the 3rd night. i.e. one booking is 2 nights and one booking is 1 night, for total of 3 nights

Upon check out, not unexpected, I got two invoices for each booking. I asked them to consolidate to one for all three nights, which they did. However, I think the guy simply transferred the charges of the 2 nights to the 1 night invoice so even though the invoice is showing 3 nights, the invoice check-in and check-out dates are only for 1 night. Hence, SPG is showing/counting that I stayed 1 night instead of correctly 3 nights.

Uh... re-reading what I wrote above might confuse most folks.

In short, I should have 3 nights posted to my account, but I currently have only 1 night posted.

I emailed research@starwood email but unsure if it's still active because in the past I would receive an automated response with ticket number, which I didn't receive this time. Anybody know if it's still active? Or who else I turn to have this corrected? Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingTomboy
I emailed research@starwood email but unsure if it's still active because in the past I would receive an automated response with ticket number, which I didn't receive this time. Anybody know if it's still active? Or who else I turn to have this corrected? Thanks!
Give them around 7-10 working days to respond.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
I have run into this issue too many times. I always end up doing a missing stay claim, and then have a banter back and forth over email before they straighten it out. In fact, I have one going on right now with the a stay a Sheraton Hiroshima, where they decided to consolidate my two stays into one, and no credit is posted.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:10 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
i had something similar happen last month, i emailed spgchampion and they had it fixed within like 12 hours
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:35 am

Sounds like a straight forward case once they established you were at the property for 3 nights. You should get the nights credited in time.

Quick question though, any reason why the need to consolidate and probably complicate the matter? I occasionally extend the stays and two invoice should be fine right? They all come to the same nights and total amount?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

.....Upon check out, not unexpected, I got two invoices for each booking. I asked them to consolidate to one for all three nights, which they did.....
Sorry to say that you caused this issue.

Originally Posted by PayItForward
.....any reason why the need to consolidate and probably complicate the matter? I occasionally extend the stays and two invoice should be fine right? They all come to the same nights and total amount?
That's the way to do it.^

It should work out eventually but may take 2 weeks.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 5:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PayItForward
Sounds like a straight forward case once they established you were at the property for 3 nights. You should get the nights credited in time.

Quick question though, any reason why the need to consolidate and probably complicate the matter? I occasionally extend the stays and two invoice should be fine right? They all come to the same nights and total amount?
The problem is that three nights on one stay currently earn double points plus 500 versus only double points for the two night stay.

Also, I tend to requalify first on stays and then on nights, but I still like to see the correct number of stays recorded on my account. I don't want to ever risk seeing 25 stays and then having some stays consolidated or removed after the end of the year.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by TerryK
Sorry to say that you caused this issue.
Actually the FDC caused it. They didn't adjust the second invoice to show the actual dates and just posted the charges.

There are so many things that need to be checked on an invoice that it's easy to miss something like this. Personally, I would have left it alone and argue the point later with SPG if the bonuses didn't post properly.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: none

I got two invoices for each booking....

Uh... re-reading what I wrote above might confuse most folks.

In short, I should have 3 nights posted to my account, but I currently have only 1 night posted.
You made two bookings; you got two invoices for each. That's four.

I'm confused, too.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Upon check out, not unexpected, I got two invoices for each booking. I asked them to consolidate to one for all three nights, which they did. However, I think the guy simply transferred the charges of the 2 nights to the 1 night invoice so even though the invoice is showing 3 nights, the invoice check-in and check-out dates are only for 1 night. Hence, SPG is showing/counting that I stayed 1 night instead of correctly 3 nights.
Originally Posted by Allan38103
You made two bookings; you got two invoices for each. That's four.

I'm confused, too.
Two-night folio zeroed out, one-night folio triple billed. The wrong dates on folio two triggered the issue.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Two-night folio zeroed out, one-night folio triple billed. The wrong dates on folio two triggered the issue.
precisely... if the OP had just let it go and have 2 folios, then everything would have been correct. By consolidating the folios, he created the issue.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1mileman
precisely... if the OP had just let it go and have 2 folios, then everything would have been correct. By consolidating the folios, he created the issue.
There are times you need a single folio/CC charge and we don't know the impetus behind the request. Regardless, the FDC should have made a complete change to reflect the proper stay so the proper posting occurs.

I suspect the OP will now be checking folios more fully before leaving he front desk, especially if a similar request is made. One sure-fire way to keep errors from happening is to not stay in the first place... Now, only you can decide how much risk you're willing to take.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
NO. By having two stays rather than one three night stay, the OP loses points in the current promo.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
NO. By having two stays rather than one three night stay, the OP loses points in the current promo.
It shouldn't matter because even with the checking Out and back in, it is still 1 stay as per spg with regard to stay/night credit so he would still get the points and not lose them if spg followed that concept with the promo. The op could have asked this question prior to the stay with spg to get clarity but I would think spg would agree with my sentiments.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a booking to stay 2 nights. Last minute, I needed to stay another night,
It shouldn't matter because even with the checking Out and back in, it is still 1 stay as per spg with regard to stay/night credit so he would still get the points and not lose them if spg followed that concept with the promo. The op could have asked this question prior to the stay with spg to get clarity but I would think spg would agree with my sentiments.
If only we knew the questions to ask before we need to know...

Yes, leaving it alone and then chasing the promo posting after the fact might have been easier. Had the FDC done the task properly, it wouldn't have been an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.