Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Hyatt offering status match to SPG Gold and Platinums

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt offering status match to SPG Gold and Platinums

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What about SPG Plats who are current Hyatt Diamonds? I've already requalified for Diamond for next year, but two extra sets of DSUs would be very nice. I have well over fifty SPG nights this year so far, so that documenting one night would be very easy for me.
That sounds like the Hyatt Diamond whose wife's also a Diamond. They change names on the room every day to get Diamond amenity. That wasn't enough for him; he wanted two Diamond amenities per room per day. Didn't happen. And won't happen.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
That's more than I got. I sent mine in Friday and haven't gotten anything beyond the original auto-response.
Me neither.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I got a DM reply from my tweet and emailed in my new Hyatt id and my SPG statement. No reply to that yet.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
What about SPG Plats who are current Hyatt Diamonds? I've already requalified for Diamond for next year, but two extra sets of DSUs would be very nice. I have well over fifty SPG nights this year so far, so that documenting one night would be very easy for me.
In the Hyatt thread in the Hyatt forum, some that were already Diamond & SPG Plats were told they were SOL on Diamond since they were already that. I wouldn't hold my breath on getting an extra couple sets of DSUs.

Cheers.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Same "14 days" here, though they haven't requested any evidence from me, other than my statement in the email that I'm LT PLT at MR and SPG.

I wonder if they'll give me Diamond with no evidence.

I also wonder what happens if they give me Diamond and my account is supposed to expire in March due to inactivity.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:27 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CPRich
I also wonder what happens if they give me Diamond and my account is supposed to expire in March due to inactivity.
Maybe you will get lucky and their upgrading your elite status will count as an activity.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Confirmed status match today from HH G and SPG G to Diamond.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I've already requalified for Diamond for next year
There's your answer. They don't need to convert a customer into a customer.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by CPRich
I wonder if they'll give me Diamond with no evidence.
There are times when FT members truly amaze me.

Why would they gift you Diamond status without proof of your other status? Seriously? That is the basis of a status match.

Good grief.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
There are times when FT members truly amaze me.

Why would they gift you Diamond status without proof of your other status? Seriously? That is the basis of a status match.

Good grief.
Clerical error?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Moi....

Originally Posted by CIT85
Me neither.
....aussi.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by CIT85
Hyatt received my email on 11/20/2015 at 9:13 PST. I'm still waiting to hear back on my request. Hopefully they'll get back to me by EOD today, before the 3 full days.
Hyatt must have received tons of emails requesting status match. I received the following response at 11:39 AM EST 11/25.

"Thank you for your interest in Hyatt Gold Passport. We have received your recently submitted request for membership and review of your tier status, and will get back to you within the next 14 business days.

We appreciate your patience during this time and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause."

I don't have any travel plans where Hyatt is an option for the rest of the year, but plans for January could involve Hyatt, or not.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Now Hilton has joined in on the fun!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25770793-post34.html
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Now Hilton has joined in on the fun!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25770793-post34.html
Interesting, it's open season time for elite poaching. As a former HH Diamond with a lot of HH points, this can be a backup plan to Hyatt.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:18 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by Vulcan
I received the same 'give us 14 days'.
As a follow-up, I received a 'Welcome to Diamond Status' email today, good until 2/17. So it looks like they are plowing thru the backlog.

I am a SPG LT Gold and in 2015 have 27 stays and 34 nights. I will make use of this status where possible, but the lack of Hyatt in the cities I visit is limiting.....
Thank you, Hyatt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.