Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Best Hotels to use the SPG50 (50% OFF Rack Rate Certificate)...

Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Terms and Conditions
  • 50% Off Award is subject to availability; advance reservations required. Callers must advise they are using a 50% Off Award and request Rate Plan ID: SPG50 when making reservations. The number and type of rooms offered may be limited and black-out dates may apply. 50% Off Award may not apply to suites at all hotels.
  • 50% Off Award is valid for a maximum of up to five consecutive nights at SPG50 participating hotels worldwide. Using the 50% Off Award for less than five nights, forfeits any unused nights, and the 50% Off Award is no longer valid for use in connection with any other stay.
  • Most, but not all, Starwood Preferred Guest participating hotels participate in the 50% Off Award. 50% Off Awards are NOT valid in Hawaii or at the Bahrain Sheraton Hotel.
  • At Sheraton Vacation Resorts and Westin Vacation Resorts, the 50% Off Award length of stay requirements may vary. Please call for specific requirements. However, only one certificate is required regardless of how many nights a guest is eligible to stay at Vacation Resorts.
  • 50% Off Award is valid on regular (RACK) room rates based upon availability of the SPG50 Rate Plan.
  • 50% Off Award may not be applied toward service charges, room tax, food and beverages, parking, gratuities, gift shop purchases, or other incidental charges and taxes.
  • Starwood Preferred Guest Members are eligible to receive Starpoints for the paid portion of the stay only. Starpoints cannot be earned on any paid portion of the SPG50 Rate Plan at Sheraton Vacation Resorts or Westin Vacation Resorts.
  • 50% Off Award reservations are commissionable to Travel Agents.
  • Standard Guarantee and Deposit Policy applies and varies by hotel.
  • 50% Off Award is not combinable with other room or rate promotional discounts or special programs, including Upgrade Certificates.
  • 50% off Award is good for only one room during the stay.
  • 50% Off Award has no cash value.
Print Wikipost

Best Hotels to use the SPG50 (50% OFF Rack Rate Certificate)...

Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by roesner
I had good results with:
Sheraton Steamboat

edited to delete the Sheraton Maui. I used an United 50% off coupon, not the SPG coupon.

[This message has been edited by roesner (edited 02-14-2003).]
Hi

where do you fin dthe United 50% that can used at Sheraton Maui?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by premb
Hi

where do you fin dthe United 50% that can used at Sheraton Maui?
i thought spg50s are only worth 35% in hawaii...just guessing though. william?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:24 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
i thought spg50s are only worth 35% in hawaii...just guessing though. william?
SPG50's can't be used in Hawaii, although there is sometimes an SPG35 rate (no certificate required) available.

I think is referencing UA50, which used to be available in Hawaii, but I think no longer is. There used to be a web site set up for it.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
SPG50's can't be used in Hawaii, although there is sometimes an SPG35 rate (no certificate required) available.

I think is referencing UA50, which used to be available in Hawaii, but I think no longer is. There used to be a web site set up for it.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
William

I have a spg50 certificate. i am trying to look for a list of hotels and their rack rates. I want to take my family on a vacation in mid may. we have not finalized the destination and so trying to figure out if we can make the best use of SPG50. any idea if we can find such details
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:38 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by premb
William

I have a spg50 certificate. i am trying to look for a list of hotels and their rack rates. I want to take my family on a vacation in mid may. we have not finalized the destination and so trying to figure out if we can make the best use of SPG50. any idea if we can find such details
This very thread perhaps?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Mar 27, 2008, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Mar 28, 2008, 5:19 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
This thread is definitely the best source.
But it is still a cumbersome process. I received a SPG50 as compensation for a customer service issue. And I have asked to use it for three upcoming stays at three different hotels and non of them works.
It is a bit frustrating when the Platinum Concierge offers you the voucher for 50% off the rack rate at any hotel and then I can't practically use it because there is too much fine print.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 1:33 pm

I just used the SPG50 for the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay for our part of our Honeymoon. The best available rate was 30000 yen (roughly 300 US) or 12000 points a night. I ended up getting the room for $183 a night! Considering $300 is pretty much the lowest anything costs to stay at the Disney Resort, I consider this quite a conquest.

Although they didnt have any non smoking rooms. I'll have to keep calling back to see if I can switch.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by safetybar
I consider this quite a conquest.
interesting word choice.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 3:16 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
The Sheraton in Sana'a is only $75 including tax with the SPG 50. Good deal.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 9:13 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Duplicate Post - Deleted
Old Apr 25, 2008, 9:15 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
The Sheraton in Sana'a is only $75 including tax with the SPG 50. Good deal.
I can see a price of $72 per night on weekends so $75 with a SPG50 is not really a good deal. Actually quite the opposite.

It still amazes me that Starwood uses the SPG50s to help with customer service issues and then potentially risks having frustrated guests.
I am still looking for a good way to use my certificate.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:57 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
I booked the 4P Manhattan Chelsea on SPG50 for $247.50 for a June weekend. The next best rates have been around $305 for that property. The best rates that I've found for almost any NYC Starwoods for my 3-night stay are non-refundable Z3H promo rates for around $230/nt after discounts at some of the W and Westin properties. If those are still available closer to my dates of travel, I'll probably change. (The Sheraton NY had Z3H for around $199/nt after discounts.)
Old Apr 26, 2008, 5:41 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sc flier
I booked the 4P Manhattan Chelsea on SPG50 for $247.50 for a June weekend. The next best rates have been around $305 for that property. The best rates that I've found for almost any NYC Starwoods for my 3-night stay are non-refundable Z3H promo rates for around $230/nt after discounts at some of the W and Westin properties. If those are still available closer to my dates of travel, I'll probably change. (The Sheraton NY had Z3H for around $199/nt after discounts.)
I just looked up the weekend of the 14th June and I see a rate of $245 fully flexible (same as prepaid) and $220 with a corporate rate for the 4P. So again the SPG50 is not worth anything.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 7:36 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Le Meridien Lattakia is $62.50 including tax. Got two nights during the summer^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.