Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bellingham Four Points [Master Thread]

Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star

New addition to SPG as of 1 Oct 2015. I just stayed there. http://www.bellinghamherald.com/news...e27013219.html

Very nice property; one of the nicest Four Points that I've stayed at. It started as a Holiday Inn, then Best Western, now Four Points.

The entire hotel looked brand new. Our room was very nice; we had just stayed at the Westin Grand Vancouver and my wife commented that she liked the room at the Four Points much better than our room at the Westin Grand.

We were upgraded to one of their suites so no guarantee that their normal rooms are as nice. Furnishings were nice, the bedding was new, and the bathroom had a good layout. The shower/tub had the standard mounted shampoo/conditioner/body wash dispensers in the wall.

We had breakfast for our Plat amenity. Since it was very early, we were some of the first to have any food from the buffet. The food looked better than I've seen at many buffets. I only had eggs, but they were fine. My wife had a blintz and pancake; said all was good.

I've you've got an overnight in Bellingham, I'd recommend staying there.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
The entire hotel looked brand new. Our room was very nice; we had just stayed at the Westin Grand Vancouver and my wife commented that she liked the room at the Four Points much better than our room at the Westin Grand.

We were upgraded to one of their suites so no guarantee that their normal rooms are as nice.
I was about to say, you must have gotten a suite upon the first reading, especially as ALL of the Westin Grand Vancouver rooms are suites! (And it is one of my personal favorite hotels in the SPG system)

Good to hear of an option up that way though.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I was about to say, you must have gotten a suite upon the first reading, especially as ALL of the Westin Grand Vancouver rooms are suites! (And it is one of my personal favorite hotels in the SPG system)

Good to hear of an option up that way though.
I got a xx03 room at Westin Grand Vancouver - from my understanding, it's their best suite so our comparison of the two hotels is a bit apples to apples.

I'm very agnostic about my hotel reports (I call them as I see them), but I confess that I was expecting a much lesser quality product from a Four Points.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 3:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
Thanks for sharing, iflyjetz.

By chance do you have any photos of this property? I'm glad it has finally opened. I often head down to Bellingham for some quick shopping and it sure as heck of a shorter trip than to Seattle!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
I stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton Bellingham this past weekend for a meeting. The hotel was nice --- although I'm not as enthusiastic as the OP about the rooms (the suite that I was upgraded to was dark as the only windows opened to an interior covered courtyard where the pool was). Lighting could have been more plentiful in bedroom and especially the living room.

That said, I was blown away by the property's enthusiastic participation in the SPG elite program, especially for Platinum guests. And all the employees were exceedingly friendly.

As a Platinum, I was upgraded to a suite (checked in online and was notified of the upgrade when the room was ready).

Upon arrival, I was given complimentary breakfast cards for my two-day stay and was told "if you need more, just let us know". Two friends were attending the meeting with me and the front desk unhesitatingly gave me complimentary breakfast cards for both days of my stay so my friends could dine with me on a complimentary basis. The cards were good for either the full buffet (mixed fruit, scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage links) or for one of four pre-selected breakfast platters --- and included a beverage. The buffet was good. Gratuity was not included (and was noted as such on the cards). The breakfast restaurant is very near the front desk on the first floor of the hotel.

I was also given a card to use for lunch or dinner (there are two restaurants on the premises) that would give me 250 SPG points when dining on-site. I used the card at the second restaurant when a group of us dined on Saturday night. Great craft beer selection and an amazing choice of seafood (raw bar, lobster, lobster rolls, crabcakes, etc.) We eventually had a party of 8 as people came and went during the evening. The second restaurant was jammed (plenty of folks from the meeting but also non-guests of the hotel). The hostess at the restaurant check-in station was a bit flummoxed --- but the manager took great care of us and the food for everyone in our party was great. (Who would have thought that hotel dining at a Four Points could be this good?)

I'd head back to this hotel again.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton Bellingham again (same meeting, six years later.)

Hotel is still nice. No suite upgrade this time as a Platinum and the room continues to be dark (was on the third floor --- door opened to the interior covered courtyard where the pool is (somewhat noisy) and the outside window had a view of a building a few feet away.

Employees are still exuding a feeling of hospitality --- but no extra breakfast cards (not offered and I didn't inquire.) No buffet this time, and the free breakfast choices are from the "left side of the menu" (I ordered the two eggs, sausage/bacon, potatoes/fruit, toast or english muffin option --- other options are eggs benedict, pancakes, etc.) Coffee appears to be free but I was charged a nominal amount for my carbonated caffeine (diet Pepsi) both days. No notation of gratuity inclusion on the current iteration of the breakfast cards for Bonvoy elites. Breakfast location has not changed.

No offer of points for dining in the other on-site restaurant. Still good food there --- but the "raw bar" has been reduced to sushi-related and asian-related offerings (in addition to burgers/soup/salads.)

I'd head back to the hotel in the future --- it's solid --- but not as great as it was six years ago (then again, what is after the pandemic?)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.