Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Westin Club Privileges (as of 1 March 2019)

Guests of the Westin Club at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok are able to enjoy a range of exclusive privileges, including:
  • Access to the Westin Club Lounge from 06:30 to 23:30 hrs..- Breakfast from 06:30 to 11:00 hrs.
  • Afternoon tea from 12:00 to 16:00 hrs.
  • Evening Cocktails from 17:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee and non-alcoholic refreshments, served in the lounge
  • Optionally, complimentary standard drinks at Seasonal Tastes, Kisso or Zest Bar & Terrace from 18:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • Complimentary laundry or pressing of 2 pieces per day (non-cumulative). Not including dry cleaning and express service.
  • Complimentary Premium High Speed Internet throughout the hotel
  • Two hours per stay use of the Business Center meeting room
  • Complimentary local telephone calls and calling card access (toll free numbers)
  • Late check-out until 16:00 hrs. available upon request and subject to availability
  • Access to lounge for member plus one guest. This benefit only applies to the one guest room in which the Platinum Elite / Platinum Premier Elite member is staying.
Print Wikipost

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
P Owl .... you have dug yourself quite a hole...... "Service" has little to do with the hard product or amenities available. Having a lounge isn't "service", a bigger or better pool isn't either..... although service is and should be a high consideration for a hotel choice there are location, price, upgrade chance, food options, complimentary extra, pool, workout facilty etc..... and yes service. So whenever I have selected a hotel for BKK "service" for me isn't #1 for I have experienced at least average to above average service at all the SPG properties. It is a great city o stay for the expectations and bar are so high anyway.

I wouldn't be staying at the WGS unless they gave me a killer rate with great upgrade %, why? Because I can select from the other SPG portfolio that would provide that given their total package of location, price, amenities, service and that is being loyal to SPG. You go on the other hotel forums and people think the loyalists are crazy for staying with SPG in Bangkok as there are literally dozens of other highly ranked hotels in BKK. Don't believe me check a ratings site like tripadvisor.

Just sayin...... keep it objective... I like the WGS, but to put it on a pedestal as you have framed by tearing down other properties isn't objective at all. If you have to tear down other properties to look the best, you probably aren't the best.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), SPG (Lifetime Plat), Star Alliance, One World, Virgin (Gold)
Quite the opposite, I have not dug a hole at all..

I would be happy to PM you with my rate / service details which will explain why I keep WGS on a pedestal. I am sure I am not the only one.

The other interesting point about the WGS, we all travel extensively, I have not stayed at any other hotel, where I have continually met so many repeat guests over the years.

I agree others may have their other favourite hotel, but this thread is about WGS BKK, so guests can either put the hotel on a pedestal or crash it or indeed be neutral...

As you have gathered by now, for me it remains on a pedestal...
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Premier Owl
... I have not stayed at any other hotel, where I have continually met so many repeat guests over the years.
But, of course, as you said, you haven't stayed at SGS or LM, for example. In fact, of all of the SPG options in Bangkok, you've only stayed in three: StR, ROS and PA.

So while your statement, by itself, may well be accurate, the size of the data sample is relevant.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), SPG (Lifetime Plat), Star Alliance, One World, Virgin (Gold)
WGS remains on a pedestal (for me) - and I would quite happily challenge any of the other GM's to show me they can provide a better service (for me) than the WGS.

Sometimes, data sample (whatever that actually is) is not relevant.. If you guys have the time and inclination to sample all SPG hotels in BKK before you post comments on a WGS specific thread, good luck to you.. me... I am far too busy enjoying this fabulous hotel.. why on earth would I now want to change....
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:21 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Great, I made a reservation again and noticed that they are running a pool party again on this weekend. The noise can be annoying but what is even worse is the water quality the next day... Last time there were still cups floating around the next day and the water not clear at all...

i booked three suites for myself and family but going to cancel now because we also planned to hang out at the pool with the kids.

anyone else a big fan of their pool parties?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by cln
Never been to one, but I understand that 4P has them also, and they're supposed to be quite fun. (I have friends who have been.) OTOH, still not for kiddos. Having the pool co-located on the roof with one of the bars doesn't help in that regard.

LM and Aloft have nice pool areas (if a bit stark for my taste) which are usually rather peaceful. SGS has a very nice pool area, very well landscaped (loads of trees, etc., so plenty of shade available), especially for a city center rooftop pool. Your kids probably won't be the only ones there, especially on a weekend. SGS also has a full kitchen at the pool, usually manned by two chefs, so anything you order will be freshly cooked. The W pool area is nice if you're into the whole W thing. Very limited shade, though. StR pool has more of a luxe feel with the Beautiful People hanging out.

I've never been to the pools at ROS and PA, so no comment.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:08 am

Yes they can be great fun, if a little noisy.

Considering the number of people that attend, you really don't notice the noise or the masses from inside the hotel.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:16 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by cln
Great, I made a reservation again and noticed that they are running a pool party again on this weekend. The noise can be annoying but what is even worse is the water quality the next day... Last time there were still cups floating around the next day and the water not clear at all...

i booked three suites for myself and family but going to cancel now because we also planned to hang out at the pool with the kids.

They have them once a month at this point. In the evening they lower the volume so as not to run into trouble with the neighbors. The 4P has had to stop having pool parties due to complaints.

They look like a lot of fun!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:58 am
cln

Yeah thanks, having stayed at all spg properties in bkk. PA pool ist best for me and second for is WGS. I don't like swimming trough plastic cups though.
Looks like we will stay across the street then or try the "new" Marriott Marquis.

they may lower the volume but you can still hear a lot of the bass even when faced away from poolside. At least this I could hear it in a suite on 16th on my past stay...
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
I was invited though im just a 'lowly P50'.
I'm a Plat-lite and was given the option last night.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:21 am

Work going on in the hotel this week with half the rooms on 24 blocked due to impending noise.

I've been put into a suite, but would prefer my regular standard, room back...
Old May 1, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by cln
Yeah thanks, having stayed at all spg properties in bkk. PA pool ist best for me and second for is WGS.
I agree. PA's pool is the best (spg) in Bangkok.
Old May 2, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Do they publish their pool parties dates?

Originally Posted by cln

Old May 2, 2017, 12:30 pm
cln

Only on Facebook,
Old May 3, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by remymartin
I agree. PA's pool is the best (spg) in Bangkok.
The ROSH pools are also large and are next to the river, but I agree, the pool at the PA is the most pleasant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.