Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Westin Club Privileges (as of 1 March 2019)

Guests of the Westin Club at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok are able to enjoy a range of exclusive privileges, including:
  • Access to the Westin Club Lounge from 06:30 to 23:30 hrs..- Breakfast from 06:30 to 11:00 hrs.
  • Afternoon tea from 12:00 to 16:00 hrs.
  • Evening Cocktails from 17:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee and non-alcoholic refreshments, served in the lounge
  • Optionally, complimentary standard drinks at Seasonal Tastes, Kisso or Zest Bar & Terrace from 18:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • Complimentary laundry or pressing of 2 pieces per day (non-cumulative). Not including dry cleaning and express service.
  • Complimentary Premium High Speed Internet throughout the hotel
  • Two hours per stay use of the Business Center meeting room
  • Complimentary local telephone calls and calling card access (toll free numbers)
  • Late check-out until 16:00 hrs. available upon request and subject to availability
  • Access to lounge for member plus one guest. This benefit only applies to the one guest room in which the Platinum Elite / Platinum Premier Elite member is staying.
Print Wikipost

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:16 am

My wife and I had a very pleasant 6 night stay here at the beginning of January. I had booked an Exec room and ended up on the 24th floor just down from the lounge(odd# room). I say "ended up" as we initially we had a room(even# room) facing the construction previously mentioned. If I weren't so noise sensitive and didn't need my 20 minute nap each afternoon(with earplugs) it would really not be that bad...yet...they are still working on the first few stories. I think that side of the property will be a real issue as it gets higher.
The lounge, 17:30-20:00, had a very nice offering including three differing hot items each evening, a lovely assortment of breads, cheeses, and interesting desserts. The liquor selection was limited. The two gentlemen in attendance were also very good. All breakfasts were taken on the 7th floor with a fairly good buffet.
We were deciding on here or The SGS and here won due to our affinity for The Westin style rooms and beds which were as anticipated...very nice.
We liked the location for both the SkyTrain access and the street scene all about just out the door.
No real complaints. I would enjoy staying here again.

Last edited by alien; Jan 26, 2010 at 2:39 pm Reason: corrected odd vs even rooms/construction noise
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:43 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I have to give some props to the woman at the property that deals with Starwood topics. I recently had a C&P stay with no incidentals. As we all know this usually means the Platinum Amenity gets missed. Since I had been in touch with her before the award stay I contacted her to ask for the amenity to be applied. After a week it still hadn't shown up in my account and I sent a request to look into it. Apparently there was a local IT issue which caused the request not to be sent out. Not only did the points post that same day but an extra 500 points were applied as an apology. I wasn't looking for anything extra but this property regularly goes above and beyond my expectations. ^
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Still no wifi available at the WGS. This is an inconvenience that should be fixed IMO. If a 4 points can figure it out the WGS should get a couple guys on this asap. Especially with internet free to plats it is more utilized than ever and having to cord up is just not up to their standards.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by schley
Still no wifi available at the WGS. This is an inconvenience that should be fixed IMO. If a 4 points can figure it out the WGS should get a couple guys on this asap. Especially with internet free to plats it is more utilized than ever and having to cord up is just not up to their standards.
I understand your legitimate gripe, no wifi is just stupid, but I get around it by using Boingo when overseas and I cancel it when I get home. $8/month & unlimited wifi. 300 or some odd hot spots in BKK. When at the SGS I sit in the Starbucks next door in Times Sq. (connected to SGS & great AC) and get my work done. IMO the WGS is no better than a bunch of hotels I can get for $50 nearby. I'll do C&P for the SGS anytime though. wj

Last edited by whackyjacky; Mar 29, 2010 at 1:40 pm
Old Mar 29, 2010, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by whackyjacky
I understand your legitimate gripe, no wifi is just stupid, but I get around it by using Boingo when overseas and I cancel it when I get home. $8/month & unlimited wifi. 300 or some odd hot spots in BKK. When at the SGS I sit in the Starbucks next door in Times Sq. (connected to SGS & great AC) and get my work done. IMO the WGS is no better than a bunch of hotels I can get for $50 nearby. I'll do C&P for the SGS anytime though. wj
Your experience with the WGS might be different that the $50 hotels if you were SPG Plat. Lounge access gives you wifi in the lounge, breakfast and cocktails. Suite upgrades are not uncommon. The wired internet in the room would be free. I use a little travel router to make that wireless in my room so I can sit on the couch while online.

Sitting in Starbucks is enjoyable but I prefer not to lug my laptop around further than up to the lounge in the elevator.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Your experience with the WGS might be different that the $50 hotels if you were SPG Plat. Lounge access gives you wifi in the lounge, breakfast and cocktails. Suite upgrades are not uncommon. The wired internet in the room would be free. I use a little travel router to make that wireless in my room so I can sit on the couch while online.

Sitting in Starbucks is enjoyable but I prefer not to lug my laptop around further than up to the lounge in the elevator.
I imagine you're right, but alas, I'll never know . wj
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:14 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
I understand that you have been a very polite and patient boy, sir. As such, I have great news to share with you. Pretty soon, there will be WIFI available for the whole hotel. Let's say, within the next few weeks?

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:12 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
500 points for completing Shower head survey

I've just checked in and been asked to complete a survey on the shower head. If I return it completed I'll get 500 pts. This is great, add in the double points for 2 nights, the standard plat pts and the FT 1000 points and it's makes for an awesome points collection. Thanks WGS and FT
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
I understand that you have been a very polite and patient boy, sir. As such, I have great news to share with you. Pretty soon, there will be WIFI available for the whole hotel. Let's say, within the next few weeks?

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
So in the future all I have to do is post here and my wishes come true?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Jages
I've just checked in and been asked to complete a survey on the shower head. If I return it completed I'll get 500 pts. This is great, add in the double points for 2 nights, the standard plat pts and the FT 1000 points and it's makes for an awesome points collection. Thanks WGS and FT
I got that last week. The funny thing is that they hadn't changed my shower head. They had booked me into a room with the shower head upgrade and then my usual room apparently became available and they ultimately put me in that room. The next day while I was out they changed my shower head though. I evaluated the Oxygenics Evolution 4-Spray Handheld Showerhead. With more pressure it might have been good. With the lack of pressure so often found at the WGS it was only ok. Can't wait to try some of the others. Squeaky clean way to earn 500 points!

Last edited by yosithezet; Apr 9, 2010 at 10:51 am
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:08 am

I got that last week. The funny thing is that they hadn't changed my shower head. They had booked me into a room with the shower head upgrade and then my usual room apparently became available and they ultimately put me in that room. The next day while I was out they changed my shower head though. I evaluated a double shower head that you can also use as a handheld. With more pressure it might have been good. With the lack of pressure so often found at the WGS it was only ok. Can't wait to try some of the others. Squeaky clean way to earn 500 points!
Can you offer to rate it each day for 500 points each night?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:53 am

Can you offer to rate it each day for 500 points each night?
I updated my post with a link to the shower head I evaluated. Is that the same one as yours?
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:56 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
I updated my post with a link to the shower head I evaluated. Is that the same one as yours?
Yep this is the same as I have, and totally agree that with the lack of pressure it is not very good.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:58 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
C&P option

Does anyone know if they charge for 10% service charge and 7% tax if I book a room with the cash & points option?
Old May 4, 2010, 1:52 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Squeaky clean way to earn 500 points!
Are your points already credited? I stayed at WGS on 10th april and filled this survey as well, but still wait for my points to get credited

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.