Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Corporate Preferred/Preferred Plus Program [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corporate Preferred/Preferred Plus Program [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2003, 11:55 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PITflyer2:
Sorry I missunderstood...What exactly is Preferred Plus?</font>
For the most part it is Gold without the 50% point bonus. Do a search on this forum and you will find more definative answers.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 1:55 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

You know... other than the extra points, Gold doesn't get me anything extra as most hotel don't like to honor the benefits. So it really doesn't matter to me.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 5:29 pm
Suspended

So let me see if I have this right?

Prefered Plus x no breakfast = no breakfast.
SPG GLD x no breakfast = no breakfast.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 6:00 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SHADO:
So let me see if I have this right?

Prefered Plus x no breakfast = no breakfast.
SPG GLD x no breakfast = no breakfast.
</font>
That's right. Breakfast is not a benefit for any level of membership in Starwood Preferred Guest.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jul 11, 2003, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Then it's great to be back at the Hilton, my friend! Boy, you fell into that one! :-)
Old Jul 11, 2003, 7:31 pm

SHADO, I am infinitely aware of your love affair with Hilton. I'm glad that you are so pleased with their frequent stay program. I'm also pleased to provide you with any entertainment you may get out of baiting me for whatever reason. Please feel free to take any opportunities you can to continue to do so. I have been beaten up by some real pros here on Flyertalk and I am sure that I can shag any flies you care to hit my way.

Have a nice weekend.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jul 12, 2003, 7:32 pm

Programs: Used to be elite in UA, SPG and Hertz...now I'm just a regular guy
Having had my share of Hilton breakfasts, I don't feel I'm missing out on anything as an SPG Platinum. However, I know many folks, like SHADO, who would move mountains for the free breakfast. I just don't understand why. But, maybe that's a topic for another thread...

[This message has been edited by raisin (edited 07-12-2003).]
Old Jul 13, 2003, 12:40 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
SHADO - I'm glad you are happy with the basic crappy breakfast that you have to beat most Hilton's up to even recieve. I know this, as I was there for a few years and once thought it was a great thing. Then one day I realized that I had all these HH points that I earned from the massive amounts of business-paid travel I was doing, and wanted to redeem them on some vacations. I found this next to impossible to do, so I jumped ship for Starwood after hearing all of the positive things on this board about the program. It was the best decision I ever made. Actually being able to redeem my points for stays when I wanted to (what a concept!), favorably transfer them to airlines, and having the resources of William here are worth more than anything to me. No need to be abrasive and attack him man! I'm glad you like HH - I've had my fill thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 1:19 am

If you're traveling on business, why not enjoy the comforts (and program rewards) of a *wood property and just expense your $7 breakfast?

I've never understood the whole "gotta have a free breakfast" mantra. For me, a free breakfast does make or break my hotel choice. I'd rather be comfortable in my room, receive good service, and be able to reap the rewards of a program that allows me to book award rooms wherever/whenever I decide.

[This message has been edited by msp_flier (edited 07-14-2003).]
Old Jul 14, 2003, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You know, as a former Gold and now Platinum I gotta say that even though breakfast is not a benefit of any level of SPG, I sure seem to get a lot of free breakfast coupons at check-in now and in the past. Often full breakfasts as well.

Hardly ever use the things, but nice to get them all the same.

Am I the only one getting these things? I know it's a "above and beyond" thing that's up to the property, but I mean it's really at the majority of the properties I've stayed at.

In addition to that, there are the properties that have Executive Lounges that I always have access to. And they serve complimentary breakfast as well.

We're Gold at Hilton as well, and while there might be some advantage to being guaranteed a $7 to $10 breakfast, I just don't see any real advantage vs. the quality of properties, customer service and program benefits of Starwood. I've written to Hilton 3 time in the last 6 months...still haven't heard a thing. Nothing. Just Auto-Replies that my emails had been received.

I'd give up the breakfast benefit in an instant, if Hilton would just improve their customer service. Not to mention trying to redeem an award with those awards that went way up in cost from 100k to 175k! Yeech! You'd think if they jacked up the cost that much, they would at least shake a little more inventory out of the Capacity Control tree now and then. IMHO.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 3:09 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, Delta GLD, Hilton GLD
I am currently a HH diamond and and SPG Plat (comped). I qualify for SPG Plat in the next couple of months. I am currently staying at the Sheraton Grande Sukumvit in Bangkok. What a great hotel and I agree with PremEx. I get a lot of free breakfast from SPG hotels. Usually through a upgrade or a rate they offer. While I like HH program with the devalueation of the VIP awards I think that SPG is a better program for me. So at the beginning of the year it was HH first then SPG. After the upgrades at SPG and the devalueantion of HH points it is now SPG first and then HH second. And William then only thing that SHADO can shag is his own a$$. Read all about it on the AA board.

------------------
dallasflyer
Old Jul 14, 2003, 7:06 am

Granted the free breakfast at Hilton is a plus; however, when traveling on business, breakfast becomes a business expense anyway. The only advantage comes during leisure travel. Unfortunately, due to Hilton's black out dates, finding a hotel with availability during the time I can vacation can be a challenge. As such, I'll be more than happy to concede a free breakfast in exchange for Starwood's lack of black-out dates. Ironically, with that said we'll be staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in two weeks on a free award and we had better receive free breakfast.

I suppose it's all a matter of preference. All programs have their advantages and disadvantages. I'm still miffed at the fact that you use to be able to stay at the St. Regis for 10K points, but now it cost you 25K. Surprisingly their rack rate hasn't increased 150%.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Starwood Preferred Business Program

Tried a search and could not find a discussion of this program so the details are below. I like the double points through April 2004 benefit. As I am Gold the Preferred Plus benefit is not much use. Not sure about how the double points combines with the gold bonus points or other promos - perhaps William can give me some wisdom there.

The invite came via my membership in AABusinessExtra. You do have to enter a corporate ID and wait three days which your app is processed so I guess you need to be a legitimate business to join this program. Since all AAA members get to be preferred plus - why not people that work for a business too - that way no-one gets left out ;-)

INVITE MESSAGE
As an American Airlines® Business ExtrAA® member, your company is invited to join an exclusive new program — Starwood Preferred Business(SM). It will save your company money and allow your associates to take advantage of unrivaled recognition and rewards as they travel around the world. Simply enroll your company today at spg.com/bizenroll1.

AFTER JOINING

Dear Traveler,

Our company is now part of a new program called Starwood Preferred Business(SM). This program is designed to save us money on hotel stays while we enjoy unprecedented rewards around the world.

Join today.* On every stay, simply provide your Starwood Preferred Business membership number, and you’ll automatically save 10-40% off published Corporate rates at more than 750 of the world’s best hotels, including Westin®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection® and W Hotels®. You’ll also enjoy rewards that include:

• An automatic upgrade to a Preferred Room at check-in.**
• The convenience of 4 p.m. late checkout.**
• Two Starpoints(SM) per US dollar spent. Starpoints can be redeemed for free nights, free flights, room upgrades and more.
• A complimentary newspaper each weekday morning.
• Hassle-free awards. Redeem for free nights without blackout dates or availability restrictions.

You’ll also earn double Starpoints (four Starpoints per dollar spent) on every stay from the date you join through April 30, 2004.

To begin enjoying the rewards of Starwood Preferred Business, join today. By taking advantage of this unique opportunity, you’ll help our company save money on travel and enjoy recognition and rewards at the same time. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thank you,

XXXXX

*If you're already a member of Starwood Preferred Guest, please call 877-782-0128 and mention enrollment code SPB to update your account.

**Subject to availability.

Offer is valid for Starwood Preferred Business guests only. Double Starpoints (four Starpoints for every dollar spent) will be awarded on all member stays from the date of their enrollment through 4/30/04. This promotion may not be used in combination with other Starwood Preferred Guest bonus offers. All bonus Starpoints will be credited to the member's account 4-6 weeks after completion of stay. Additional restrictions may apply. All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at www.spg.com. Starwood Hotels & Resorts is not responsible for typographical errors.
© 2003 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

Old Jul 23, 2003, 8:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
only concern is this may stop you from getting targeted offers
Old Jul 24, 2003, 11:59 am

Probably like every other double Starpoints offer it is in reference to the base Starpoints earned and not your elite level bonus. You will still get the elite level bonus however, and it will not affect your participation in any other promotions.

Whether or not it leads you to targeted promotion oblivion as welookgood.com suggests, I cannot say, but it seems very unlikely.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.