Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Corporate Preferred/Preferred Plus Program [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corporate Preferred/Preferred Plus Program [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2003, 6:53 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TravelWeary:
What if you went from Gold to "Not Preferred " but you are a current (and soon renewing) Amex card holder? Is the Preferred Plus status only for the initial signup or could someone get it in this case? I believe I have a corporate SET # as well that I don't use but could if that would help. I think Preferred Plus comes with the late checkout doesn't it?</font>
The link above purports to define the benefits for Preferred Plus members. If you didn't make Gold, but are a Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express cardholder, as long as you are a cardholder in good standing with American Express, you should fall no lower than Preferred Plus.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
William: I noticed today that Starwood now has an AARP code as well we can sign up for. I did just that over the phone. Does that clash with the Preferred Plus or complement it or what? Just confusing because on the website it says call and use code AARP to upgrade your account.

[This message has been edited by Marysunshine (edited 03-07-2003).]
Old Mar 7, 2003, 7:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Marysunshine:
William: I noticed today that Starwood now has an AARP code as well we can sign up for. I did just that over the phone. Does that clash with the Preferred Plus or complement it or what? Just confusing because on the website it says call and use code AARP to upgrade your account.

[This message has been edited by Marysunshine (edited 03-07-2003).]
</font>
AARP Members now can get Preferred Plus in addition to Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express cardholders.

Unless you're an employee, that is. That is a benefit that will never see the light of day on my account.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 10:15 pm

Corporate Preferred level?

On my Starwood web statement it lists my level as "Corporate Preferred". Is this a new level and what does it mean? I see no mention of this level on the web site
Old Mar 7, 2003, 10:26 pm

I think I found the info I was looking for.....sorry for the post, thanks
Old May 26, 2003, 3:44 pm

Location: Stamford, CT - AA Lifetime Plat - 3MM and counting. Mosaic.
Corporate Preferred

I was SP Gold, but now I am Corporate Prederred.

Does anyone know: What the heck is Corporate Preferred??? Can't find any info on it. Is it good for anything?
Old May 26, 2003, 3:48 pm

Answered here by Starwood Lurker...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum74/HTML/005576.html
Old May 30, 2003, 8:06 am

Location: Stamford, CT - AA Lifetime Plat - 3MM and counting. Mosaic.
Thanks for the help!!
Old Jul 10, 2003, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Preferred Plus vs. Gold

I have been reading about the unpublished "Preferred Plus" SPG level on FT and on spg.com, and I was wondering how it differs from Gold SPG? I am currently a Gold SPG member, but I also have AAA (which would entitle me to Preferred Plus status) and my current benefits seem to mirror that of Preferred Plus. Am I missing something, or are the two levels essentially similar?
Old Jul 10, 2003, 1:18 pm

Similar; however the 50% bonus you recieve on hotel stays as a Gold member is probably the largest difference.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jul 11, 2003, 1:34 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Which, if anyone is interested, strikes me as very unfair.

I will have some 40-45 nights this year and therefore be a Gold, sharing the same benfits with all (how many million?) members of AAA/CAA...?

Grrr....
Old Jul 11, 2003, 5:33 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
I'd have to agree with you there - Preferred Plus seems to undermine the entire Gold status. Except for the bonus points, joining AAA has basically the same benefits. Starwood made a mistake when they did this one. Some benefits for AAA members are fine, but they need to rework it so there is more of a difference between the two levels.

Edited because of spelling.

[This message has been edited by Cory6188 (edited 07-11-2003).]
Old Jul 11, 2003, 6:37 am

Preferred Plus started out with the SPG credit card from American Express. This particular level didn't exist until that credit card was re-launched about two years ago. And now SPG has taken Preferred Plus and offered it up to AAA for all of their members (at a premium - I'm sure).

Snowcap
Old Jul 11, 2003, 9:42 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum Pref, US Airways Gold Pref, Northwest Silver WorldPerks
Are you saying if you are a AAA member and also have Gold Status with Starwood they automatically upgrade you to Platinum? If this is true how do I do this?
Old Jul 11, 2003, 9:43 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum Pref, US Airways Gold Pref, Northwest Silver WorldPerks
Sorry I missunderstood...What exactly is Preferred Plus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.