Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Gold or Plat - Any added benefit when booking a wedding?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG/Marriott (Plat)

Hi everyone,

My brother is getting married next summer and he's looking at having the reception at the local Sheraton (very cool property btw, Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls which is right on the falls, has a great restaurant). I'm SPG Gold currently with the possibility of flexing up to Plat if I make a hard push at the end of the year here. When he told me he was picking a Sheraton it occurred to me that perhaps if I booked it, there might be some added benefit with my status.

Anybody have experience with this? Apologies if this is asked and answered; I attempted to search first.

Thanks all.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
You can book up to 3 nights and get credit for them, iirc.

You may also look into SPG Pro for meeting planners. I picked up that status somewhere along the way and received some benefits for office meetings that I've led.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.