Wiki Posts
Search

New feature : the 'SPG Dashboard'

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
New feature : the 'SPG Dashboard'

Looks like with this promotion, they introduce SPG Dashboard.

It shows lifetime stats and year to date stats including the number of nights stayed at which brands (counted from January 1, 2012 onwards).

Last edited by lcpteck; Sep 26, 2015 at 10:13 am Reason: url
Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lcpteck

It shows lifetime stats and year to date stats including the number of nights stayed at which brands (counted from January 1, 2012 onwards).
Its more extensive, but they had the mytracker for a few promotions. I can see my progress for the summer Sheraton one and used it to track my 5 nights increments
Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:39 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Dashboard says I have been member since 2000 and 22 years as Elite ???????????

Do I get something special when I have been elite for 25 years in 2018?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lcpteck

Neat! I always enjoy these trackers even if they're not very useful.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Vulcan
Dashboard says I have been member since 2000 and 22 years as Elite ???????????

Do I get something special when I have been elite for 25 years in 2018?
I thought the program began in 1999? Maybe they count the Sheraton days.

I have been Elite for 14yrs, but the next impt step is Lifetime Plat.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
WARNING: When you look at the new dashboard and also when you register for this promo, every click seems to open a new window. Very annoying and not at all the was the previous promo tracker or the SPG website in general worked in the past.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
WARNING: When you look at the new dashboard and also when you register for this promo, every click seems to open a new window. Very annoying and not at all the was the previous promo tracker or the SPG website in general worked in the past.
Dare I say I personally prefer it to open a new window each time? But, can see how that would get annoying fast.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Dare I say I personally prefer it to open a new window each time? But, can see how that would get annoying fast.
If you're using Safari on an iPad, it can quickly close down some other windows that you're still using with AFAIK no easy way to bring them back. Nine seems to be the maximum number that can be open at once, and then Safari starts to close some other window, AFAIK the first one that was opened or the one that hasn't been used for the longest. It's frustrating, especially when you don't expect this to happen.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: SPG P100, DL PM
Hah, looks like they may have some kinks in the Dashboard system. It says I'm Lifetime Platinum even though I'm nowhere near that level of total nights/stays yet. Although I'd love to think this is some incredibly random gift I'm assuming the glitch will be fixed... Overall, I like the new setup and today's iPhone app update, even though that definitely has its early glitches as well.

http://imgur.com/7GalEFe
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:23 pm

Exclamation New Dashboard shows only nights required for Plat(50) status

In looking at my dashboard, I noticed something odd this morning and it's still the same now when I check again on a different computer with a different browser.

I'm currently at 21-24 stays and 41-45 nights for the year (deliberately being a bit vague here). This is correctly reflected on my account overview, which indicates that I need X more stays or Y more nights for Platinum, where 0<X<5 and 5<Y<10, so that of course X<Y.

However, when I look at the new dashboard, it just says "Next Up: Platinum 50" with 0 stays and Y nights required. Note that I am Lifetime Gold but will not (and cannot) reach Lifetime Platinum before 2017. (I also don't have enough currently pending reservations to get me to PlatMinus or Plat50 for 2016. Credit card nights/stay credits won't do it either.)

So I'm wondering what ever happened on the new dashboard to what we call PlatMinus, but SPG probably prefers to call Platinum or Platinum 25?

In fact, based on my "training" from Delta, where (stealth) program changes are often first discovered when one observes IT changes, I'm even starting to speculate whether SPG plans to eliminate the PlatMinus status based on stays, or more generally switch to elite qualification requirements that are night-based only.

Also, AFAIK this is the first published indication that SPG admits that they consider Plat50 to be a separate status level versus just a point where the elite receives some additional benefits. Recall the "A Plat is a Plat is a Plat" mantra when Plat50 and Plat75 were first introduced.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In fact, based on my "training" from Delta, where (stealth) program changes are often first discovered when one observes IT changes, I'm even starting to speculate whether SPG plans to eliminate the PlatMinus status based on stays, or more generally switch to elite qualification requirements that are night-based only.
It could be, but maybe the reason for the discrepancy is a little less nefarious and can simply be attributed to crappy coding.
I still haven't been able recover from the dual blows I received last week from the website and the app redesign.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
The Dashboard also has

"Super-easy Starpoints.
Get this bonus only through SPG® Dashboard: Earn 500 Starpoints® when you book your next stay through the SPG app. It's that simple."

... fancy, how did I miss this before?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
The Dashboard also has

"Super-easy Starpoints.
Get this bonus only through SPG® Dashboard: Earn 500 Starpoints® when you book your next stay through the SPG app. It's that simple."

... fancy, how did I miss this before?
I didn't see this, or the offer for 10,000 points if you hit all 10 chains.

Which part of the Dashboard are these served up?

Though I have a sneaky suspicion they are member-specific...
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself

On the main page, to the left of the "register for the stay more promo" box

edit: here:

I also don't see the 10k point for all 10 chain deal though, what's that? Anyone got a link to that? Oo
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself

On the main page, to the left of the "register for the stay more promo" box

edit: here:

I also don't see the 10k point for all 10 chain deal though, what's that? Anyone got a link to that? Oo
Mine appears below the Next Up>>Platinum banner on mobile and desktop.

I only hv 4 hotels at the moment, the fifth one is 500 pts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.