stay credit - checking out prepaid early?

Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:08 am
Original Poster

stay credit - checking out prepaid early?

if im paying for a 6 for 4 night promo and "disappear" on the 5th night, will i lose the stay credit and be charged a no show for the 6th night?

the hotel also has a 5th night free promo but the 6 for 4 night promo is a better deal

i want to leave early to catch a better flight
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by newmoneyblogger
be charged a no show for the 6th night?
Welcome to Flyertalk. ^

If this is a prepay, won't you have already paid for all 6 nights anyway ?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
From personal experience, do not checkout with the front desk. Just call them when your scheduled checkout date is to checkout. I know its kinda rude to hold onto the room when you aren't using it but you might not get credit for the remaining days if you checkout prior to your scheduled checkout date. I checked out at 10pm once when I booked an extra day and I did not receive a night credit for the last night of my stay. YMMV but just giving you a heads up.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
I have done this once before, purely because the circumstances changed at the last minute. Went to the front desk and handed my cardkey before I explained the situation and what I think they did is not process my check-out till the next day. I got an email with the final bill and the typical 'thanks for staying with us' a day later. I suspect this wouldn't be proper policy, but in an emergency it might be something you can explore...
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Just my guess, and it makes sense, I believe the system is programmed to compute your nights based upon the date you check-out minus the date you check-in, simple math. And not the dates you plan to check-in and check-out. This is why you get stay credit for day rates but not night credit.

If you walk out before your rez is up, you might be checked out by housekeeping informing the front desk that you have vacated the room before your last day. The very few times I've needed to do this, I've just left and everything posted as desired. If it's not the front desk checking you out early, the only other issue is if you should check into another SPG property before your other rez is over. This will take a bit of a tap dance to get someone to understand exactly what happened and why it should be allowed. Primary casy is where you travel across the international date line and check in the day before you left the previous property. Corner cases are best handled manually and not waste time writing and checking code to be all inclusive (just make sure overrides are allowed).
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by huynhc
Just call them when your scheduled checkout date is to checkout.
+1. I would go along with this. It's better than going through the workaround when your last night is not credited.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:44 am
Original Poster

thanks all, i think i'll just leave a DND sign prior to leaving
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1 It's not rude. The room is paid for.
2. You should not get credit for an early checkout. In the example above, some FD clerk was kind enough to process the checkout manually the next day.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In some properties/countries it can be hard to just leave without checking out as everyone is expected to check out in person to settle the bill. Attempting to walk across the lobby and to the door with luggage would result in one or more hotel staff members chasing after you.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In some properties/countries it can be hard to just leave without checking out as everyone is expected to check out in person to settle the bill. Attempting to walk across the lobby and to the door with luggage would result in one or more hotel staff members chasing after you.
Sheraton Lima

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.