Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Brussels Airport BRU, Belgium [Master Thread]

Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Car Free Sunday on September 20, 2015

On September 20, 2015, the 2015 Car Free Sunday will take place in the City of Brussels and throughout the Brussels Region. Car Free Sunday applies to everyone, except taxis, journey buses, assistance services, police and persons with a special permit. Personal vehicles will not be allowed for travel from 9:30am until 7pm. Public transport via STIB and De Lijn will be free on that day. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 11, 2002, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

I will be going to this hotel for business for a few days next week?

How is the hotel? What are some of its features?

Does it have a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel?

I am a Starwood Gold member. What are the chances of upgrading in midweek (I will be arriving there next Wed). If I can not be upgraded, can one still get access to the executive floor lounge?

What are easy ways to get to city centre (center), from the hotel - without using a (rented) car?

A
Old Jul 11, 2002, 9:10 pm

BRU Sheraton is a "standard" airport Sheraton, which is to say nice rooms, well soundproofed. The one unusual feature that I recall is that the room furnishings were kind of modernistic for a Sheraton (Danish-inspired?). There are a couple of restuarants, including a pub-style one in the front of the lobby that serves pretty good chow for a hotel.

An airport shuttle isn't needed, just a luggage cart. Exit the lobby, cross the street, and you're in the terminal. Works great unless it's raining.

On my last stay (16-18 September 2001) I was not upgraded as a Gold. Those were unusual times though, and I was happy to just have a room where I could look out the window and see planes leaving for home. YMMV on this trip. Don't recall if there was a Club floor.

The airport has a train station on the lower level, and trains run to the city center about every 30 minutes. Once there, you can take the Metro anywhere. Bruxelles-Midi (Brussel-Zuid) is the nicest station to transfer at, IMO. You can also take a taxi, which will be quicker but cost more.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DFW DL:
Don't recall if there was a Club floor.

The airport has a train station on the lower level, and trains run to the city center about every 30 minutes. Once there, you can take the Metro anywhere. Bruxelles-Midi (Brussel-Zuid) is the nicest station to transfer at, IMO. You can also take a taxi, which will be quicker but cost more.
</font>
I don't recall there being a Club FLoor - I've stayed there a couple of times as a Platinum. I got a nice big room with a decent sized bed, but not a suite.

The train is the best idea into Brussels - I think it's every 15 mins, at least during the day. There is also a very easy to use Subway (Metro) system which is the best way to get around the city if it goes where you want to go. There are many maps online (e.g. at http://www.khlaw.com/brmetro.htm ). You can connect from the train from the airport at Gare Centrale or Gare du Midi depending on which subway line you want to join. Gare Centrale is also within walking distance of the Grande Place and the restuarants and nightlife around there.

Be warned that taxis in Belgium are the most expensive that I know of anywhere in the world - it is possible to spend US$60-70 on a 25 minute journey. They do almost all take credit cards though.
Old Jul 12, 2002, 4:12 am

Since this spring they have a great Executive floor with a very nice lounge, and Platinums usually get upgraded to be there. It's a nice airport hotel; I like it very much.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 9:07 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Arrow Sheraton Brussels Airport [Master Thread]

Just returned from a Free Friday & Saturday here and other than being locked out of my room (on the hotels wrong assumption--that I would not be returning for my second night) I would recommend it. Be aware that the lounge does not serve anything, but there is a sign indicating that you can call room service and have complimentary wine or non alcoholic beverages delivered to you there. All other beverages must be ordered (and paid for) via room service. There were no snacks out, except for some bland cookies near the coffee machine. A note also mentioned that breakfast can be had in the main dining room-- but no word on whether it was complimentary or not. I received a box of Godiva chocolates & water upon arrival (but it was removed from my room along with other personal items the second day-- not to be seen again, the chocolate that is). And the second day greeted me with a 1/2 bottle of champagane & crackers. The hotel is very modern and the bed was a Sheraton Dream Bed. Soundproofing was very good and while my room overlooked the airport -- not a sound was heard. Upon check out, I had the usual problem of the desk not having both a free weekend days down for me, but I did bring my Starwood confirms with me, so all was resolved pretty quickly.
The hotel was very convienient for travel into the city, and was very very easy to find as it is directly across from the main terminal (and I saw no other hotel nearby).
Old Jul 30, 2002, 10:19 am

Breakfast is included in the Executive Lounge, I was told on my last stay, and as the lounge is unattended during the summer, they offered me to have it in the restaurant.

The beds are really great, I agree!
Old Sep 20, 2002, 7:11 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Excellent- Sheraton Brussels Airport

Top flight! Not a pum. Check-in very efficient on Club floor. Room very clean and modern. Lounge breakfest taken downstairs in restaurant. Just a two minute walk to terminal check-ins. As SPG P given upgrade to Club level, half bottle of bubbly
and told to take breakfest downstairs. Bar/restaurant good food. Check-out efficient. Stay here if you need to over-night for BRU flight. My weekend rate 105 E
for Sunday evening. Regards
Old Sep 21, 2002, 12:31 pm

I like it, too; great property!
Old Oct 15, 2003, 2:41 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Sheraton Brussels Airport email ?

Hi all,

Does anyone have the email address of this hotel ? I will be travelling there this evening and really could do with making contact as my booking is through another website, and I wanted to confirm that all is well ...

Thanks in advance,

John P
Old Oct 15, 2003, 11:31 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JAP:
Hi all,

Does anyone have the email address of this hotel ? I will be travelling there this evening and really could do with making contact as my booking is through another website, and I wanted to confirm that all is well ...

Thanks in advance,

John P
</font>
[email protected]

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old May 25, 2009, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
anyone with recent stays????i will be spending a night at the sheraton brussels airport later this month & another night next month due to my flight connections in & out of brussels....i have stayed here once before 5-6 years ago but don't remember much since i got in late at night & checked out early in the morning to catch my next flight....
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
Any recent report?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Any recent report?
had 2 stays here recently....the first one was in june & the other in july....both for a night each....hotel is great if you are catching a flight the next day....it's less than a minute walk from the arrivals termnal....both times was upgraded to a junior suite....can't comment much more on the hotel since both times i got in late at night & left early in the morning....
Old Oct 10, 2009, 5:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Any recent report?
Stayed a night here last week, the first stay since the recent renovations.

The lobby area has been revamped with a new check-in desk and a "Link" area with PCs and printers. Beware the azerty keyboards, the Sheraton Brussels has a mix of azertys and qwertys, but looks like this one has azertys only.
The restuarant/bar area has been refitted too, when I was there it has a nice busy atmosphere, some great staff and I had a pleasant evening meal.

There's a good new gym on the first floor, which is just as well, since the old one - in a area the size of a corner room on the third floor, was the worst, most delapidated hotel gym I have ever used.

Club Lounge was quiet when I was there, unattended, with keycard entry : serves nibbles, wine and beer in the evenings and an adequate breakfast service in the mornings.

Guest rooms have not been touched by the renovations, I got a club room on the top floor, very well insulated from the airport noise, had tea/coffee making and a bottle of complimentary water.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 9:36 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Anything recent about this property?

I'm debating between flying FRA-BRU in the evening for a 9:45AM flight out of BRU or sleeping in the Sheraton at FRA and flying out at 7:20AM to make the connection to the 9:45AM flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.