Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FNA automatically attached after reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2023, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Hi all, I’ve had this strange experience and I was wondering if anyone had the same or have a clue of why it happened.

So I booked three rooms on the app on points in the same reservation. The following day it split into three reservation, attaching a 40k cert onto one of the rooms. I noticed and changed back to points.

a few weeks later, and the night before checkin, one of the rooms changed back to a 40k cert with the original points returned to my account. CS agent was able to correct it, but with a re-price.

I do not wish to use this cert since it was a 16k room. I have 2 50k and 1 40k cert but only the 40k was used. Would this be something with the Marriott system or with the hotel?
Retiredlife likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Ugh, this is very strange. Best to reach out to the lurkers to look into this. Makes no sense whatsoever.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Tommyy233
Hi all, I’ve had this strange experience and I was wondering if anyone had the same or have a clue of why it happened.

So I booked three rooms on the app on points in the same reservation. The following day it split into three reservation, attaching a 40k cert onto one of the rooms. I noticed and changed back to points.

a few weeks later, and the night before checkin, one of the rooms changed back to a 40k cert with the original points returned to my account. CS agent was able to correct it, but with a re-price.

I do not wish to use this cert since it was a 16k room. I have 2 50k and 1 40k cert but only the 40k was used. Would this be something with the Marriott system or with the hotel?
Hotel, probably using FSPMS or Opera.

Do yourself a favor and never book more than one room on points per reservation. Marriott IT is about 10 different systems held together by string and tape. Be gentle with it.

Old Jun 30, 2023, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iknowthings
Hotel, probably using FSPMS or Opera.

Do yourself a favor and never book more than one room on points per reservation. Marriott IT is about 10 different systems held together by string and tape. Be gentle with it.

Now looking back the hotel actually canceled my initial reservation and rebooked three separate ones. There I can understand why it happened. But it happened again after the reservations split.

Either way it is likely something unintentional by the hotel?
Old Jul 1, 2023, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Tommyy233
Now looking back the hotel actually canceled my initial reservation and rebooked three separate ones. There I can understand why it happened. But it happened again after the reservations split.

Either way it is likely something unintentional by the hotel?
Yes. The hotels just reattached the wrong certificate back to it. I'm not sure why they messed with it at a later date, but certain hotel property management systems cannot process multiple room reservations and always have to be manually split up after booking. There are currently four property management systems (with a handful of one offs) in use at Marriott, unlike Hilton which is all standardized under OnQ. They all have different ways of getting to the same result, but not every user is as proficient as others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.