Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grand Arabellapark, Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Grand Arabellapark, Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2011, 3:39 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Since years...
So why did they never offer it to me?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 6:11 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by Breston
So why did they never offer it to me?
Sorry, but I don't know! But it isn't known only by me...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15313833-post61.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17356995-post88.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14360628-post7.html

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Oct 30, 2011 at 1:20 pm
Old Oct 30, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I was last here in June 2010 and it wasn't offered to me. From the sounds of the posts, it seems they started offering this (consistently) shortly afterwards.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I was there in April 2011 and breakfast in the restaurant wasn't offered. Perhaps I should have asked.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 1:10 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by Braindrain
I was last here in June 2010 and it wasn't offered to me. From the sounds of the posts, it seems they started offering this (consistently) shortly afterwards.
AFAIK it was the last years ( 2009 and earlier ) always possible to get breakfast ( as a platinum ) in the restaurant " ZEN " for free. Even to me it was never offered officially, but I could do breakfast all the time downstairs, even if the breakfast was not in the rate.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:59 pm

Unhappy Annoying

BTW: You have to pay the full price if you want the breakfast in the Restaurant " ZEN ".

There is until now no other solution founded by the hotel.

IMHO they should offer a special price, because the continental in the lounge is free, may be 5 or 10 € extra for breakfast in the Restaurant, if they need it...

EasyDining [ http://easy-dining.de/ ] will also end this month , so the cardholders can only renew their membership until next year November.

What negative surprise will come next???
Old Nov 29, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
What about the holiday period 24.12. to 1.1. The Executive Lounge doesn't open before 10am and in the fine print it says breakfast will be in the ZEN Restaurant. In this case it should be for free for plats or shouldn't it?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by caspritz78
What about the holiday period 24.12. to 1.1. The Executive Lounge doesn't open before 10am and in the fine print it says breakfast will be in the ZEN Restaurant. In this case it should be for free for plats or shouldn't it?
Should but will???

Holiday Restaurant Closures 2011

From December 25 through December 31, 2011 and again from January 2 through January 8, 2012, ZEN Restaurant will be closed for dinner. Paulaner’s Wirtshaus with Biergarten
will also be closed for lunch from December 24 until December 31, 2011 and again on January 6, 2012. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Executive Club Lounge Holiday Hours for 2011

From December 24, 2011 until January 1, 2012, our Executive Club Lounge will be open from 12pm to 9pm. During this time, breakfast for Executive Club guests will be served at the atrium restaurant. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:56 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by caspritz78
I have been there during the holiday period last year, as a Plat. The Lounge was closed in the morning, so we got breakfast in the ZEN restaurant for free.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
The Westin is currently available for a pretty decent rate of 99€ on beatthetimer.com
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hyatt Glob, AA 1MM. Former UA 1K, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Breston
I have been there during the holiday period last year, as a Plat. The Lounge was closed in the morning, so we got breakfast in the ZEN restaurant for free.
I'd be delighted if they repeated this plan when I'm there over the holidays this Christmas...
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:36 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Krisflyer Gold
We stayed here for three nights last week. The hotel is a bit of 70s/80s eyesore from the outside but is very nice inside. No upgrade was forthcoming other than to a high floor but our smallish regular room (30sq m?) was very comfortable and we didn't get any noise from outside or from our neighbors (if we had any). Noise from the doorway could be a problem - no effective sound insulation there. Luckily we didn't get much passing traffic.

We visited the lounge each day, sometimes three times (b'fast, afternoon tea plus evening drinks)! It is a very nice lounge though could benefit from comfier seating. Food offerings are very impressive and the red wine was OK. Breakfast was very nice. We also ate at the German bar on the ground (or -1 level) floor and that was relaxed and nice.

We walked into the park a couple of times and recommend it highly. A stroll to the lake took around 20 minutes. We had a go on the pedalo - lots of fun for 10 minutes or so. They also hire bikes by the lake and we regret not getting around to doing this. Cycling around the huge park would have been great. We also ate and drank at the large beer garden by the Chinese Tour in the park. A very nice experience.

Getting into and back from central Munich was very easy by underground or by tram.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:01 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 360, AA Platinum for Life, Marriott Platinum Premier for Life, United Platinum, Hertz
Is this hotel offering breakfast for free in the Zen for Platinum members now? I'm Platinum for Life and staying using points next week.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
Is this hotel offering breakfast for free in the Zen for Platinum members now? I'm Platinum for Life and staying using points next week.
Only lounge breakfast was for free on my last stays. For the breakfast at the ZEN I have to pay the full price. No special upgrade price because they don't offer continental breakfast at the ZEN...
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:51 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 360, AA Platinum for Life, Marriott Platinum Premier for Life, United Platinum, Hertz
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Only lounge breakfast was for free on my last stays. For the breakfast at the ZEN I have to pay the full price. No special upgrade price because they don't offer continental breakfast at the ZEN...
What kind of breakfast do they have in the lounge?

This is a bit disappointing since many European properties are offering full breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.