Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grand Arabellapark, Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Grand Arabellapark, Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2008, 4:25 am

Smile My week in Munich

Well I arrived at about 10 AM this morning and was upgraded to a Junior Suite for my stay over the next week.
Very pleasant check in (after a long journey from Australia) and my bags made it to the suite before me!
Surprised that I got a suite as this Hotel like most of Munich is sold out with the conference this week.I will post more later but so far very good^^
Old Jul 30, 2008, 1:49 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
I thought that the Hotel will be rebranded to a "WESTIN".
Nevertheless, it's still the "Arabella Sheraton Grand München"...

(moreover, to keep up with other Westin's the hotel urgently needs a renovation)
Old Jul 30, 2008, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Andie007
I thought that the Hotel will be rebranded to a "WESTIN".
Nevertheless, it's still the "Arabella Sheraton Grand München"...

(moreover, to keep up with other Westin's the hotel urgently needs a renovation)

Has anything been renovated yet ?
I'm still undecided between this one and the one across the street for Oktoberfest. Any idea which lounge is better in terms of hang over food ?
Old Jul 31, 2008, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by BalluBallu
Has anything been renovated yet ?
I'm still undecided between this one and the one across the street for Oktoberfest. Any idea which lounge is better in terms of hang over food ?

I haven't been in the Sheraton Arabellapark so far (but it looks really ugly from outside). The Lounge in the Sheraton Grand is quite acceptable. A little bit better than the lounge of the Sheraton Westpark.

But haven't seen any renovations at the Grand so far.
Moreover, the bavarian style rooms are not my style

If you want to go to Oktoberfest consider the Sheraton Westpark which is much more near to it than those one at Arabellapark. Moreover, the renovated rooms at the westpark are beautiful.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 3:13 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
The ArabellaSheraton Grand Hotel München will be rebranded to The Westin Grand Arabellapark München in May 2009.

All beds are now Westin beds and some floors are right now renovated, some will follow. All in all at least half of the hotel will be renovated. The tower lounge is at the moment in the lobby ( in the rooms of the little ex-wine-and smoker lounge/bar " BACCO Wine & Cigars " ) and only open from 18.00 ( 6 p.m. ) - 22.00 ( 10 p.m. ). All restaurants in the lobby are closed except the Cafe. there will be in may a new pan-asian restaurant. The restaurant " Die Ente von Lehel " is closed since the beginning of this year and the chef is now the new chef at the Fürstenhof in Leipzig, now also the " Restaurant im Atrium " is closed. the breakfast ( for all !!! ) is for the moment since last monday in level 0 in the " Paulaner's Wirtshaus und Biergarten ".
In the future there will be a new bi-level tower lounge in the 23rd floor and the old tower lounge will be part of the new Präsidentensuite.

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Apr 12, 2009 at 3:47 am
Old Apr 12, 2009, 11:16 am

I really really really hope they will kill the bavarian style rooms in the Westin...
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Andie007
I really really really hope they will kill the bavarian style rooms in the Westin...
Please, no.....

However, notwithstanding what they do with this hotel, it is not anyhow in an area I find desirable in Munich. The LM or the City Hilton are in "places", this hotel is in the middle of nowhere (and do not try to justify the location with the subway station).
Old May 9, 2009, 1:40 am

Programs: ICHG Platinum RoyalAmb, HiltonHonors Gold, AClub Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Spg Plat
New: Westin Grand Munich Arabellapark

Hi!
I was thinking about the new Westin Munich, which was the ArabellaSheraton Grand Hotel München (with towers rooms and lounge): so the Towers lounge and floor will become Executive lounge and rooms.
I think a good news for all Spg Plat, since at Westin, Exec. lounge access is always granted ( and it wasn't for Towers lounge )
Old May 9, 2009, 6:18 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by aleinvolo
Hi!
I was thinking about the new Westin Munich, which was the ArabellaSheraton Grand Hotel München (with towers rooms and lounge): so the Towers lounge and floor will become Executive lounge and rooms.
I think a good news for all Spg Plat, since at Westin, Exec. lounge access is always granted ( and it wasn't for Towers lounge )
I don't know how often you have stayed at the ex ArabellaSheraton Grand Hotel München, but if you have stayed - like me - as a platinum, you have gotten always access to the towers lounge.
Old May 9, 2009, 6:28 am

Programs: ICHG Platinum RoyalAmb, HiltonHonors Gold, AClub Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Spg Plat
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
I don't know how often you have stayed at the ex ArabellaSheraton Grand Hotel München, but if you have stayed - like me - as a platinum, you have gotten always access to the towers lounge.
No, never stayed as Plat here! But this is a good news
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:25 am

Executive lounge

Any review of the new Executive lounge at the Westin Munchen ?
Is it still in the lobby?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 1:48 pm

Any review of the new Executive lounge at the Westin Munchen ?
Is it still in the lobby?
Last week was the towers lounge, now rebranded as executive lounge, at the 21st floor in the old rooms.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Last week was the towers lounge, now rebranded as executive lounge, at the 21st floor in the old rooms.
Was it good? Was there a good selection of drinks/food ?
Looking for a stay in July with great rates...

Fantastica la carta Esselunga
Old Jun 10, 2009, 8:38 am

Cool

Was it good? Was there a good selection of drinks/food ?
Looking for a stay in July with great rates...

Fantastica la carta Esselunga
IPER oppure COOP e va bene anche...

drinks:

teas,
coffee ( capuccio, espresso, latte macchiato, american coffee - all fresh made -
wine ( red and white ),
Sekt or Prosecco,
Water ( no gas, low gas or a lot of gas, naturale, medium, frizzante ),
beer ( only bottles ) with and without alcohol and Weißbier

food:

breakfast ( 6.30 a.m. to 10.30 a.m. ): bread, marmalade, eggs, butter, müsli, fruits, sausages, bacon, cheese, yoghurt, etc.

from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.: cakes, muffins, brownies or something like that

from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.: salad, cheese, three types of hot finger-food, three types of dips, bread, etc.

Old Aug 27, 2009, 9:58 am

Programs: SPG Gold, LH FTL
Checked in as Gold. No room upgrade, not even a bottle of water in the room and no bath amenities. This is not my first stay this year in the hotel. That's not the way how the hotel should treat their Gold customers. I complained during checkout, but no real excuse.
Anyway, the room was ok for my short stay and check-in was very efficient. I still can recommend this hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.