Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sheraton Dusseldorf, Germany leaving SPG Nov. 1 2011[Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Sheraton Dusseldorf, Germany leaving SPG Nov. 1 2011[Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2001, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HL Gold, SPG Platinum, HY Platinum, EY Gold Elite, EK Gold, LH Gold, AF Platinum
Arrow Four Points Sheraton Dusseldorf, Germany leaving SPG Nov. 1 2011[Master Thread]

Starwood is going to open 1.11.2001 a Four Point hotel in Dusseldorf, pretty close railways station and Könisallee. I am going to check it next week, I let you know how it is.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 5:51 am

I had a seven night stay at the Four Points Dusseldorf Central in February.

It is in the style of a basic European downtown hotel. Small rooms that were very comfortable. Friendly staff, free breakfast daily. No restaurant however, there is a bar in the lobby.

The hotel is just south of the KO and a few blocks from the train station. There are decent friendly restaurants nearby.

With just a one block walk you can catch a street car and be in Alstatd in about three minutes. I walked there once but after working at a trade show all day it was a bit far.

If you are attending a show at the Messe, the streetcars are free with your show tickets. This is much easier than a cab.

I have not stayed at the Sheraton in the airport. I prefer to be in town and try to experience life as a local.

Have fun and drink the Alt beer.
Old Apr 1, 2002, 9:37 am

An update to the thread I started.

I stayed at the Four Points Central in DUS. The Starwood Web site offered me a 75 Euro rate. I faxed the hotel and asked what rates were available. They faxed back and offered me a 52 Euro "Easter special" with breakfast buffet, VAT, and service included. I promptly accepted.

Upon arrival at about 8:00 in the morning, not only could we get in our room, but we had been upgraded to a one-bedroom suite. The hotel was great, the breakfast buffet was perfect (including smoked salmon, my favorite), and the lady working the front desk did a great job answering our questions about local transportation, etc. Many hotels would do well to have her as a concierge.

I highly recommend this property.
Old Jul 22, 2002, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Do In Dus-- Starwood Question

Now that it appears that a 'Do' will be occuring next year at this time in DUS, the question as to accomodations comes up. As Starwood looks to be my major choice (Platinum there, vs Gold in Hilton)-- which is the best property?? Airport or Four Points? I've checked the search and was looking for a little more depth...such as treatment of elites, room types, executive floors and most importantly where the rest of the SPG Dusseldorf Do'ers will be planning to stay
Old Jul 22, 2002, 3:06 pm

The airport Sheraton is nice but out of the way from the city. It can also be very expensive and unavailable at times, especially if there is a fair in DUS. The Four point is in a great location in the city. It has been newly renovated so the rooms are nice. But there is no executive floor/lounge in the Four Point. They gave me the best corner room they had as a Gold. At the airport you have to be platinum to get an upgrade. Service is a bit friendlier in the Four Points (mostly because the airport Sheraton is so darn busy).
Old May 12, 2004, 11:33 am

I stayed there two years ago.

Great location. On a quiet residential street a half a block from a main road. Nice retsaurants and bars close by. Not tourist restaurants but local places.

I take public transportation and there is a light rail stop within a two minute walk.

Rooms were clean.

Have fun and head to Alstadt (a quick street car ride away).
Old May 12, 2004, 2:53 pm

Programs: QR P; TK E; FB S; BA S; UA S; MB LTT; HH D; IHG DAmb
Just to echo CMH-traveler's comments, it's a decent Four Points, recently redecorated (my stay was last May) and with airconditioning. I'd certainly stay there again, especially at €50 rates!
Old May 12, 2004, 9:10 pm

sheraton 4 pts dusseldorf, germany

stayed there a few weeks ago - nice 4 points - close to the main tourist area with shopping and restaurants. Yes, they had high speed internet - used it - can't remember how much - it was located in the lobby. Good stay could stay there again.
Old May 12, 2004, 9:16 pm

Great value. Friendly staff. Reasonably convenient to most areas. Nice, well-furnished rooms.

Recommended if you want to be in the city.
Old May 13, 2004, 7:02 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Just phoned them

I just phoned them; i will stay there End of May (31 May - 01. June) and at the DUS DO (24 - 25. June).
They have W-Lan in the hotel, but not in all rooms. But you can call or mail them an ask for a W-Lan room. W-Lan is also available in the lobby, the bar and the breakfast room.

The hotel is situated near the Königsallee (less than 5 minutes to walk) and easy reachable by public transportation (Stop Berliner Allee; tram 704, 709, 719 from main station or from "Altstadt" (Heinrich-Heine-Allee) tram 715 to stop Luisenstraße.

Parking is available in a public garage for 11 EUR / 24 h near the hotel (cannot charge to the room !)

For further information contact me; I will try to assist you (as working in DUS)

Jan

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 13, 2004 at 7:04 am
Old Jun 28, 2004, 5:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just checked out the 4pts for the DUS DO IV. I had a lovely stay and definitly thought it was worth the points to do an award stay. It was only 12,000 points for four nights. Several people at DUS DO IV paid to stay and got rates for less than 80 Euro a night.

My room had excellent wireless capability. Breakfast was included which was quite extenisive. Cold cereals, yogurt, breads, scrambled eggs, streaky "American" bacon, hard boiled eggs, cheeses, tomatoes, cucumbers, coffee, tea, juices, and bottled still water. The breakfast staff were very polite.

I made several 800# calls and was not charged an access fee. There is no restaurant for afternoon/evening meals but they do have a small bar area which sells beers, mixed drinks and coffee.

The desk closes sometime in the evening so if you are going to have a late arrival (past midnight) you may want to call and see what the procedure is for checking in late at night.

The room had a hot kettle, and mini bar fridge. Drinks inside the fridge are complimentary (don't get too excited). There were 4 drinks. 1 sparkling water, 1 Coca-Cola, 1 grapefruit juice and something else that I don't recall. Items consumed each day were replaced. There was also room for other items in the fridge.

If you turn right outside the hotel there is a small convenience store on the corner that sells alcohol, candy, and bottled still water at fairly reasonable prices.

the room was not huge but it was designed with efficiency in mind. I had adequate storage for my items and didn't feel like I was tripping over myself. The room was very spacious for a European 4 points.

I am a platinum but didn't receive an upgrade. I did check out a few other people's room and they all seemed adequate.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 7:59 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
^ for the extensive report!

The fourth item in the minibar was a ginger ale.

From the floorplan there seemed to be at least two suites on each of the four floors. I, too, as a Plat did not get an upgrade to one of those but a young couple of a private group that stayed there as part of a package tour got one. Strange... But the rooms are quite O.K. and for 58€ I really couldn't complain...
Old Jul 4, 2004, 11:26 am
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
I stayed four nights there during the DUS DO and found the rooms small but efficient. Sorta IKEA like in make up. As a Platinum, I did not receive points for the amenity but there was a nice card and a small gift on my bed. Nail clipper, file, and tweezer travel set.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I too have just had a 3 night stay there, and did so last 2 years.

58 Euro inc breakfasts and sodas for downtown anywhere is hard to beat.

Each room also has a trouser press which I always find VERY useful.

Walking distance from Hbf main station too and you can get to Amsterdam as I did both ways on the high speed ICE train in just over 2 hours.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 10:57 pm
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
sean and i decided that the platinum amenity was infact a safe breaking kit..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.