Wiki Posts
Search

Plat Breakfast for how many guests?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG 100 Plat, AA Plat, SWA, Avis Pref., Hertz GLD
Plat Breakfast for how many guests?

Technically, I understand that if I have reservations for two hotel rooms, only the primary room gets platinum benefits.

But theoretically, if I have four people split across two rooms, I could ask for four room-keys for my primary room and have platinum ammenities, in particular free breakfast, provided for all four of us?
anybody have experience with this?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Interesting I am curious about this too
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG 100 Plat, AA Plat, SWA, Avis Pref., Hertz GLD
I think I may have found the "official" answer to my own questions, but i'm still curious to see if anybody had those benefits extended to more than two people (what if 3-4 adults stay in one room)?

4.Will individuals who are traveling with a Platinum Preferred Guest member be entitled to receive the complimentary continental breakfast?
If the complimentary breakfast welcome gift option is selected by a Platinum Preferred Guest member, both the Platinum Preferred Guest member and one other adult or child who is staying in the same room with the member will receive the complimentary continental breakfast. This welcome gift does not extend to colleagues, family or friends staying in other rooms.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:22 am

Some hotels that we have stayed at are very strict and give out tickets at checkin for both morning bfast and evening snacks which are collected by the lounge attendant (and we have also seen cases where the attendant also dishes out the food so that they can really control quantities). In other hotels the lounge attendant asks for your name and room number which she then enters onto a clipboard or directly into a computer and yet for still other hotels the food is simply put there (with an attendant checking in once in a while) and if you have a key I guess you could let in the whole football team. We have seen no consistency be it in Europe or North America.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
This past month at a Le Meridien they offered amenity for both rooms... I chose 500 pts for my friends room and Bfast for mine.

It seems like a luck game.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by cruiser9999
We have seen no consistency be it in Europe or North America.
I have seen consistency at Marriott/Hyatt-where they let "everyone" have the ammenities.

The few times I have had this happen at SPG-they only let me/one other guest have them.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Officially, it's supposed to be the SPG member and the one other guest. The other room doesn't technically get it. I find most check-in agents know the Member + one guest rule and I'm not sure why people are unhappy with hotels who happen to follow this.

However, as with all programs, YMMV, and I've gotten breakfast for another room and another 2 guests. Depends on the hotel and it's happened in N America and Asia.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond,
Most of our experiences have gotten both rooms upgraded to Club level. We've never gotten a suite upgrade when two rooms booked though...but two club is just fine during family travels
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Braindrain
Officially, it's supposed to be the SPG member and the one other guest. The other room doesn't technically get it. I find most check-in agents know the Member + one guest rule and I'm not sure why people are unhappy with hotels who happen to follow this.

However, as with all programs, YMMV, and I've gotten breakfast for another room and another 2 guests. Depends on the hotel and it's happened in N America and Asia.

Agree. IMO, you know the rules, why try to dup the system?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
I have seen consistency at Marriott/Hyatt-where they let "everyone" have the ammenities.

The few times I have had this happen at SPG-they only let me/one other guest have them.
There is also consistency at SPG. The official policy is breakfast for the Platinum member + one guest in the same room. Anything else is at the hotel's discretion.

Looks like PhillyPhlyer40 is still upset at his experience at the Hotel Imperial - despite both his rooms being upgraded to suites and given two complementary 39€ breakfast buffets, he had to pay for one.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond,
We're going to China and have 4 rooms reserved under my name. Was wondering how they'd handle it too since everyone really wants breakfast at the hotel and start the day off right.

Anyone have experiences in contacting hotel ahead and arranging this (and costs) for Platinum members?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: SPG Platinum (Lifetime Gold), AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by montreid
We're going to China and have 4 rooms reserved under my name. Was wondering how they'd handle it too since everyone really wants breakfast at the hotel and start the day off right.

Anyone have experiences in contacting hotel ahead and arranging this (and costs) for Platinum members?
This is actually very easy to arrange.

If the platinum breakfast for that hotel is in the club lounge, book rooms on the club level that include use of the lounge.

If the breakfast is provided in the restaurant, then your extra guests should be able to enjoy a paid breakfast along side your free one.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by montreid

I would guess that means 4 rooms = 8 guests, right?
Anyway, the SPG Plat member + 1 guest should get the free platinum BF. 6 should pay for it in case they want to have it.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40

Why the thumbs down? You got EXACTLY the benefit to which you were entitled? Are you seriously complaining because you didn't get MORE than the published benefit?

Cheers,
Old Sep 3, 2012, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by index411
I think I may have found the "official" answer to my own questions, but i'm still curious to see if anybody had those benefits extended to more than two people (what if 3-4 adults stay in one room)?
Our experience is generally the published benefit, Plat + one. Some properties have gone beyond this, however, although I suspect it is often the server who makes the call, and usually in a buffet situation.

We have never been questioned about bringing our kids into a lounge for breakfast, and several properties have made a specific point of telling us at check in that our children are more than welcome to join us.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.