Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sheraton Dusseldorf, Germany leaving SPG Nov. 1 2011[Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Sheraton Dusseldorf, Germany leaving SPG Nov. 1 2011[Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2009, 7:20 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
it = free internet
Old May 12, 2009, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Oops, so sorry. I meant the used-to-be-included breakfast. So I can hop the train to the airport and then the tram to get to the hotel in 30 minutes or so? Thanks everyone!
Old May 12, 2009, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Oops, so sorry. I meant the used-to-be-included breakfast. So I can hop the train to the airport and then the tram to get to the hotel in 30 minutes or so? Thanks everyone!
The breakfast was never really "included". You paid a lump sum rate. Now you pay extra for the room and for breakfast and at least for their lowest rates the result was the same.

For public transport go to bahn.de and enter "DUS" as starting point and "Graf-Adolf-Platz, Düsseldorf" as destination. This will do the trick. The S7 departs from the Terminal Station (I would use that one), all other trains leave from the long distance station. You need a "A" ticket from one of the vending machines.
Old May 16, 2009, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How close is this hotel to the nearest Vapiano restaurant...does anyone know? Vapiano is my FAVORITE restaurant...and I go there whenever Im in Germany
Old May 16, 2009, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
How close is this hotel to the nearest Vapiano restaurant...does anyone know? Vapiano is my FAVORITE restaurant...and I go there whenever Im in Germany
10 to 15 minutes walking distance to Martin-Luther-Platz 28
Old May 16, 2009, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
10 to 15 minutes walking distance to Martin-Luther-Platz 28
Youre the best! Im on a mileage run and in search for delicious pasta
Old May 16, 2009, 11:41 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Just finished up a stay here. It was my first Four Points stay (coming from Hilton), and I'd say it's on par with a Hampton Inn. I booked a single bed, and was upgraded to the Executive (4th) floor with 2 Twins pushed together to make a King. There was a complimentary minibar with two bottles of water (sparkling and still), orange juice, and coke. WIFI was free, but I had to call down to the front desk for a login and password that they have to set up for you.

Maybe it was just my timing, but every time I went to the front desk, I had to ring the bell for somebody to come out. Staff was decent, but not great. The map provided by the hotel is one of the worst I've ever seen. It lists popular attractions, but uses small icons instead of descriptions. As such, you have to look at the icon glossary on the bottom, and find the icon somewhere on the map. Some icons looked the same too, so I constantly had to double check.

The Four Points doesn't have a gym, but provides a card (6 Euros) to use a very well-equipped gym (Fitness First) 3 blocks away on Konigsallee. Breakfast was 19 Euros, which was ridiculous considering the food offerings. Scrambled eggs, small sausages, yogurt/muesli, cereal, rolls, cold meats and cheeses, and such. However, I was hungry at 6:30am so didn't have much of a choice.

The location is about a 10-15 minute walk from the main train station. Cab fare to the hotel is about 7 Euros. The hotel is on the south end of Konigsallee. I can't say it's in a prime location, but it's the only SPG property in town.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Condition One
.... I can't say it's in a prime location, but it's the only SPG property in town.

...Except of course for the Düsseldorf Airport Sheraton which is 10 minutes from downtown.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 1:36 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed here also 2 times this year. And well not the best plae to be. Renovation would be nice. But the location of the HHotel is really good. Everything is in walking distance. Thats the reason why I decided not to stay at the Sheraton Airport.

I will stay here again but only due to the location.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
Looking at doing a points+cash stay here in late July. Has anyone had experience getting 3 people (paid or points) in on one room at this hotel? Seems European properties make you pay dearly if you book more than 1 person.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by USFreak
Looking at doing a points+cash stay here in late July. Has anyone had experience getting 3 people (paid or points) in on one room at this hotel? Seems European properties make you pay dearly if you book more than 1 person.
You will not get three people into their cheapest rooms, the rooms and in particular award room are not really oversized . C+P? In deep summer, you should get rates in the 50 Euro range. C+P will be 48,15 USD plus 2800 points.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 6:10 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
You will not get three people into their cheapest rooms, the rooms and in particular award room are not really oversized . C+P? In deep summer, you should get rates in the 50 Euro range. C+P will be 48,15 USD plus 2800 points.
Yea, but they are 50 EUR for 1 bed. I need 2 and those rates are anywhere from 90-100 EUR and with doing 3 weeks in Europe, I am being price conscious more than anything....So, the cash/points option is a better deal with the number of beds and people that I have.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
+1

I am probably one of their most loyal guests since May 1 and have seen everything now from the smallest to the biggest room ( studio or junior suites included ) and if you are a SPG Plat, they will very likely assign you a bigger room if you call or mail them in advance.

Honestly, this is not a real 4 star property and your Plat status will not get you any other goodies aside from an upgrade to a slighly better room, if available.

Make sure to check the current 2 for 1 offers of ICH, significantly better value and for 2800 points plus $ 48, you will get 2 rooms at some Holiday Inn and HI Express properties in DUS during the sloooow summer season, no problem to get a 4* under Euro 50 in summer
Old Jun 2, 2010, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by USFreak
Yea, but they are 50 EUR for 1 bed. I need 2 and those rates are anywhere from 90-100 EUR and with doing 3 weeks in Europe, I am being price conscious more than anything....So, the cash/points option is a better deal with the number of beds and people that I have.
If you are price concious there are much better options than the 4P. IHG 241 or non chain hotels are better and cheaper than this property. I stay there to get my studio for 50 Euro and this works pretty well for a Platinum, however, I would never ever spend 50 Euro for their normal cheapo rooms.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FD1971
your Plat status will not get you any other goodies aside from an upgrade to a slighly better room, if available.
This is not true. I always get a substantially better room, a fruit plate, a 0,2 bottle of sparkling wine and a plate with cookies. I cannot complain however, 50 Euro is the utmost I am willing to pay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.