Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sheraton Dusseldorf, Germany leaving SPG Nov. 1 2011[Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Sheraton Dusseldorf, Germany leaving SPG Nov. 1 2011[Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2008, 8:11 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Gold, DL FO, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Health/Fitness - 4 Pts Dusseldorf

Does anyone know if the 4 Points Dusseldorf has any kind of health club or fitness facilities?

Are there facilities near the hotel one can access?

Many thanks

RP Rocket
Old Jul 1, 2008, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by RPRocket
Does anyone know if the 4 Points Dusseldorf has any kind of health club or fitness facilities?

Are there facilities near the hotel one can access?

Many thanks

RP Rocket
They do not have a health club (they do not have anything but guest rooms and a breakfast room ) but offer membership to a nearby facility on a daily basis. There is a Holmes Place in five minutes walking distance too.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 3:42 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by stc
Better hope you never get room 414 ...
That's where I am staying right now.

The hotel is in a good location. The hallways look bad - cables/wires sticking out of the ceiling. The room is sort of ok. I had to insist to get moved out of room 140, which is a very dark room on the ground floor in some kind of a badly-lit annex - smoking room. I asked them how it is possible that I booked a non-smoking room a month in advance and ended up with a smoking room (a "studio"...supposedly an upgrade). "Well, smoking preferences are just a request." It took me about 15 minutes to convince them to move me. At first, they had said it was impossible.

This hotel is by far inferior to the 4 points Cologne.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently at least a good place for the BRG. Expedia.de is a few cents cheaper. I made two reservations for 140,00 (!) Euro for December, at least Expedia.de had the same room for 139,21 Euro, which brings down the pain a bit....
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:31 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by attorney28
..."Well, smoking preferences are just a request." ...
That isn't true on a paid rate reservation. If both bedding and smoking preferences can be confirmed, then it is a billable offense not to provide what was confirmed and should be reported to Corporate Customer Service. However, in this case, it seems since they finally managed to find you a non-smoking room, it would prove fruitless to do so.

Still, I would report any other deficiencies and casually mention this series of events as an aside, so it is documented, in an email to [email protected].

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Sep 18, 2008, 3:31 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Thanks William. I was fine. I am not really all that high maintenance, especially when traveling alone - I have been treated very well and had great stays at Starwood hotels, so I take the good with the bad. I think they were just a little overwhelmed because there was a fair going on, and the person I talked to was fairly new. They resolved it to my satisfaction (and there really wasn't any argument, I just politely refused to go away until I would get out of that stinky room ), so I would rather not cause any trouble for anyone.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 7:01 am

Programs: QR Gold, LH FTL, AB Silver, BA Silver, OK+Blue,PC Plat, SPG Plat, HH DIA, TK Gold (working on black)
Originally Posted by attorney28
This hotel is by far inferior to the 4 points Cologne.
I very much agree with that statement.
Even though I found the people working in Duesseldorf to be very nice to me; Cologne is simply better maintained and I very much like there suites which I mostly get.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had one of my two BRG stays from Post #34 there last week. The experience:

• Studio (= their term for a Junior Suite) upgrade only after complaning and showing them on my Blackberry, that they had three studios available for booking at 5 pm. (the new Blackberry rocks)

• No warm water the next morning - the agent offered a 20 Euro discount (from a 140 Euro rate). We did a bit of negotiation....

• The BRG points did not post....

Beside that: Breakfast, location and room (after studio upgrade) were decent. However, without the BRG and without the currrent promo I would have chosen the InterConti close to our office with a 159 Euro Bed and Breakfast rate.

@William: Your promos work and get me even into the YMCAish place....
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to let you know: 4P DUS changed the policy, breakfast is no longer included in the rate but they charge a whopping 19 Euro for breakfast (which is too much for the quality they offer). However: There are quite a few baker shops close to the hotel where you can get a roll and a coffee for three Euro....
Old Apr 9, 2009, 7:17 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Just to let you know: 4P DUS changed the policy, breakfast is no longer included in the rate but they charge a whopping 19 Euro for breakfast (which is too much for the quality they offer). However: There are quite a few baker shops close to the hotel where you can get a roll and a coffee for three Euro....
Yes, just on the opposite there is a "KAMPS"-bakery with very cheap and more-or-less-delicious things. Starbucks is a 5 minute walk away (Friedrichstrasse).

Nevertheless, the price-quality-ratio is not very good at this place.
Moreover, I cannot understand why *wood is disregarding Duesseldorf in their stategy (they only have the Sheraton Airport and the Four Points city center).
Old Apr 9, 2009, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Andie007
Nevertheless, the price-quality-ratio is not very good at this place.
The price-quality-ratio was excellent: 55 Euro rate, Upgrade to a suite, a bottle of wine, a fruit plate, 250 points amenity, 500 points NAN, 500 points Helpdesk and a few regular points. I certainly cannot complain.

And on Friedrichstraße you will not only find a Starbucks but more or less an "open air food court".
Old Apr 10, 2009, 5:23 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
And on Friedrichstraße you will not only find a Starbucks but more or less an "open air food court".
Yes - you're right. Working at Graf-Adolf-Platz can be very comfortable

Nevertheless, compared to other hotel chains (IC, Hilton, Radisson, ... ) Duesseldorf do not have a very good Starwood-presence.
Moreover, compared to other huge cities (Suttgart, Hamburg, Munich, Frankfurt, Berlin), no upper class *wood in the city-center of Dusseldorf
Old Apr 10, 2009, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Andie007
Yes - you're right. Working at Graf-Adolf-Platz can be very comfortable
I can assure you, I prefer my Königsallee location
Old May 11, 2009, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Oh no! Do they offer it to Platinums at least? Is there convenient public transportation from the airport to this hotel?
Old May 12, 2009, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Oh no! Do they offer it to Platinums at least? Is there convenient public transportation from the airport to this hotel?
What is "it"??

The hotel is two tram stops away (or 10 minutes walking) from the central stations with a train to the airport more or less every 10 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.