Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Nicest, most impressive and luxurious starwood room?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nicest, most impressive and luxurious starwood room?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by tangel
My vote is for the Mannerheim Suite at Hotel Kämp.

Not only can you throw a good size party, it may be the only SPG room with its own sauna.
Our room at the Westin Milan had a sauna in it. It was a nicer room with a view but not a suite. I'm not even a sauna person but I had to go in because it's not often that your room has a sauna!
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:40 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Naka Island villas have saunas (and steam rooms), and Suites at the Astir Palace in Athens also have steam rooms.

Both in a climate a bit too warm to really enjoy them, I think.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:50 am

From my personal experience, I had a 1 bedroom suite at the St. Regis in Aspen that was great and we were the first people to stay in it after the renovation. Also, I don't remember the name of the suite, but the other standout for me were the rooms at the Hotel Imperial in Vienna.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My best suite upgrades have not been at Starwood: Two level suites with amazing views at Lake Louise (before it was Fairmont) and Versailles (before it was briefly Starwood), plus a top floor suite with a huge terrace looking over the canal at Hotel d'Europe in Amsterdam (LHW).

For ordinary rooms, IMO the best Starwoods are at Canyon Suites and Singapore StR. Westin Tokyo is good for Tokyo since their rooms are relatively large.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by tangel
My vote is for the Mannerheim Suite at Hotel Kämp.

Not only can you throw a good size party, it may be the only SPG room with its own sauna.
How on earth did you score that one?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by sent
Our room at the Westin Milan had a sauna in it. It was a nicer room with a view but not a suite. I'm not even a sauna person but I had to go in because it's not often that your room has a sauna!
Do you really mean sauna, or perhaps the junior suites with the steam rooms?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by remymartin
Steam bath. Not even their presidential suite do have a sauna... but a nice whirlpool on the terrace.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, Starwood Platinum, IHG Platinum
Hotel Kamp Suite in Helsinki. Also an extraordinary buffet breakfast as the Platinum gift.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Tambo is great - and the property is one of the best in the market.
In Spain, we had an amazing suite at the Alfonso XIII (Sevilla) and were very well taken care of in Madrid (Westin Palace), but the room in Madrid wasn't "spectacular".
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:36 pm

I've not stayed in it but did get a tour of the Cupola Suite at the Westin Rome, stunning. I think it's about 11,000 square feet.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:40 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CO FF
Tambo is great - and the property is one of the best in the market.
In Spain, we had an amazing suite at the Alfonso XIII (Sevilla) and were very well taken care of in Madrid (Westin Palace), but the room in Madrid wasn't "spectacular".
Agreed. Even the Junior Suites at the Westin Palace Madrid feel majestic.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Agreed. Even the Junior Suites at the Westin Palace Madrid feel majestic.
My Prestige room at the Excelsior Hotel Gallia was amazing! Modern, clean and high tech.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by remymartin
I did once have a private sauna in my room in Paris, but the property has never been in Starwood.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
I can't remember the room type but I stayed in a fantastic large room at the St. Regis Florence, the quality of the finishes and furnishing was top notch.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I did once have a private sauna in my room in Paris, but the property has never been in Starwood.
Right. But as I've stayed at the Westin Milan several times, I was wondering if I'd really missed out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.