Tokyo HND help please

Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd either stay in a hotel in the terminal or pick something very close to the airport or airport transportation rather than the Sheraton Miyako. There's some airport limousine bus service door to door to certain hotels. IME going TO HND late at night, it's a short list of hotels with service at that hour, but still a good option. You don't want to do complicated transfers with public transportation when you're exhausted, jet lagged, and dealing with luggage.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
Had the same situation as OP, late night arrival and next morning departure. Really not worth going to a "proper" hotel. Either go with the hotels connected to the terminal, or very close-by hotels with airport shuttle, e.g. JAL city HND or Mystays HND (the two are on the same block, so you can take shuttle from either hotel).
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:12 pm

Stayed at the Excel last year and it was very convenient. The Royal was not yet open, but the inter-terminal shuttle was quick. I can't imagine going into the city for such a short layover.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:49 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Hotel Jal City Haneda Tokyo

Airport properties may be sold out, so book in advance if you know your travel dates. I needed a room on day of arrival, and the airport properties had no vacancy.

Hotel Jal City Haneda Tokyo is located only a stop away on the train. Basic hotel room that serves the purpose of overnight stay. I highly recommend this property if you need only a place to sleep.

As nice as elite status can be, I would not sacrifice limited sleep time for night/stay credit.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:57 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
Originally Posted by Totoro
Airport properties may be sold out, so book in advance if you know your travel dates. I needed a room on day of arrival, and the airport properties had no vacancy.

Hotel Jal City Haneda Tokyo is located only a stop away on the train. Basic hotel room that serves the purpose of overnight stay. I highly recommend this property if you need only a place to sleep.

As nice as elite status can be, I would not sacrifice limited sleep time for night/stay credit.
^

Excel and other terminal hotels can be either sold out or very expensive, while JAL City or Mystays can be had for a fraction of the costs. Basic rooms, but perfectly clean and functional -- more than adequate if one arrives at midnight and get out at 6! Transportation is convenient -- either one train stop away plus a little walk, or hotel shuttle directly door to door.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.