Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New member promo: Earn 2 Free Nights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:39 am
Original Poster

New member promo: Earn 2 Free Nights

Not sure if this has already been collected elsewhere, but I am a relatively new Starwood member, and I got an email today about a promotion. From now through Aug 31, 1 paid stay will earn you 1 free Category 1-5 night, and 2 paid stays will earn you 2 free Category 1-5 nights.

This link will tell you if you're eligible: https://www.spgpromos.com/selectmemb...language=en_US

This link has the Terms & Conditions: https://www.spgpromos.com/selectmemb...NA_ENG_FNA_ENG
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:49 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
I never ever get promos like this from SPG, but just for the heck of it, I followed the link and tried to register. It said I wasn't eligible, BUT - it gave me another offer. 1,000 bonus points per stay from now until end of August, for a max of 5k points.

Simply book directly on spg.com, on our hotel brand sites or using the SPG® apps to earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints® per stay — up to 5,000 bonus Starpoints by August 31, 2015.
Offer Terms and Conditions
REGISTRATION: SPG® members must register online at spg.com/selectmemberexclusive8 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) by July 10, 2015. Registered members can earn bonus Starpoints® for every eligible stay between June 1, 2015 and August 31, 2015 (the “Promotion Period”) at all participating Starwood Hotels and Resorts.

EARNING: Registered members will earn 1,000 Starpoints on eligible stays booked on a Starwood Website or an SPG App. There is a limit of 5,000 Starpoints that can be earned during the Promotion Period for this offer. Offer is eligible with other Starpoints promotions; however, each offer will award bonus Starpoints independently of each other, and offers are not combinable.

BONUSING: Bonus Starpoints will post to the registered member’s account within four weeks after the qualifying stay posts.

ELIGIBLE STAYS: An Eligible Stay is defined as any stay that is booked through a Starwood Website or an SPG App and on an Eligible Rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur and post to the member’s Starwood Preferred Guest® account. An Eligible Rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. A description of SPG-participating hotels and resorts and of Eligible Stays and Eligible Rates can be found at spg.com under Terms & Conditions of the SPG Program. See Section 1.4 b iii for the complete definition of Eligible Rates. Note that certain room reservations — e.g., when the booking is made through a third party, including but not limited to travelocity.com, expedia.com, orbitz.com and delta.com — are not considered Eligible Rates and do not earn Starpoints or qualify for promotional earnings.

A “Starwood Website” is a website operated by or on behalf of Starwood or an SPG Participating Hotel which are currently starwoodhotels.com, spg.com, stregis.com, theluxurycollection.com, whotels.com, lemeridien.com, fourpoints.com, aloft.com, element.com, sheraton.com, and westin.com. An “SPG App” is a downloadable application operated by or on behalf of Starwood in connection with the SPG Program including, without limitation, the iPhone and Android versions thereof.

All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest® program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at spg.com. Offer is applicable to individual members only and not to groups. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on spg.com/privacy, or access our privacy information line by calling 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. Void where prohibited by law.

©2015 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.
I'm going to have to start clicking on all links now just in case!

Last edited by JK; Jun 21, 2015 at 4:25 am Reason: Changed per night to per stay
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by bfwolf
Not sure if this has already been collected elsewhere
I believe it may be part of this offering: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...il-2015-a.html
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
When I follow the link, I get a 3K per 3 stay offer up to 9k:

Eligible member must register by June 30, 2015, 11:59 p.m. EDT. Member can earn 3,000 bonus Starpoints® after third (3rd) eligible paid stay, 3,000 bonus Starpoints after the sixth (6th) eligible paid stay, and 3,000 bonus Starpoints after the ninth (9th) eligible paid stay. As part of this promotion, member may earn a maximum of 9,000 total bonus Starpoints for nine eligible stays from May 1, 2015, through July 31, 2015 (the "promotion period"). This promotion is not transferable. Bookings made prior to the promotion period are eligible, but only eligible stays consumed during the promotion period will earn a bonus.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan Distinction
I got a canadian version of this promo, but it can be done 3 times, 1 night for 1st stay, 1 night for 2nd stay, and 1 night for 3rd stay.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Redirected to selectmemberexclusive8, 1k per stay, max 5k.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:48 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by miloworld
Redirected to selectmemberexclusive8, 1k per stay, max 5k.
Ditto!
Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, EK Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Jumeirah Gold
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Ditto!
Me too

Great opportunism, thanks for sharing JK!
Old Jun 20, 2015, 7:40 am

Signed up my wife and myself, and think my wife got the 1-1/2-2 nights promo and I got the 1K bonus... but I'm not 100% sure. Is there a way to see online the promos you are currently signed up for? Or do you have to call?
Old Jun 20, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by xooz
Is there a way to see online the promos you are currently signed up for? Or do you have to call?
You cannot see anything online, and I'm not 100% sure they'd know if you called. Didn't you ask for an email confirmation?
Old Jun 20, 2015, 8:59 am

I don't recall seeing any option to ask for email confirmation and I thought it would be automatic. I will call them later, it would make a big difference for my next booking which promo we got signed up for.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 9:52 am

I don't recall seeing any option to ask for email confirmation and I thought it would be automatic.
I don't think it's ever automatic for SPG. I believe the checkbox is checked by default, but you always have to enter your email address manually whenever you register for a promo.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Wild - I actually am eligible for an offer - 1,000 pts up to 5k for each booking. But no email from Starwood re this offer, just happened upon this thread on Flyertalk. I'll take the points but sure would've been nice to get an email re this!
Old Jun 20, 2015, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Signed up my wife and myself, and think my wife got the 1-1/2-2 nights promo and I got the 1K bonus... but I'm not 100% sure. Is there a way to see online the promos you are currently signed up for? Or do you have to call?
Just sign up again. It will tell you that you are already registered, but you will be able to see the T&Cs.

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Wild - I actually am eligible for an offer - 1,000 pts up to 5k for each booking. But no email from Starwood re this offer, just happened upon this thread on Flyertalk. I'll take the points but sure would've been nice to get an email re this!
In the main targeted promos thread, a number of us have been able to register for this, but I don't think anyone has received an email from SPG yet. What's even more annoying is this promo started on June 1!
Old Jun 20, 2015, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
+1 I signed up for it, but doubt I will use it. I have 12 nights out in the relevant time period, and the closest SPG property is 300 miles from where I will be. Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.