Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Dallas Arts District [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2023, 2:44 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Creating a dedicated thread for the first JW Marriott in the Dallas Metroplex, all the more relevant now that the hotel has opened this morning as per the attached press release. The hotel is located diagonally across Harwood Street from the Dallas Museum of Art, and has been constructed over the last three years atop an existing parking structure.

Went for a tour of the hotel this morning, and will be posting photos in a subsequent post. Website for the hotel accessible here.

khabah
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 12:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Has anyone stayed here yet? Of the few there are, TripAvisor reviews seem very mixed. I have now stayed....

Last edited by Johnny Rocket; Apr 21, 2024 at 6:54 pm
Old Apr 21, 2024, 6:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
We stayed at the JW Marriott Dallas Arts during the eclipse weekend.

I had booked more than a year in advance and was able to get a superb rate of 140,000 points for five nights. None of my SNA's cleared.

During the course of our stay, I noticed that cash rate was high at $900 per night - so this was an excellent redemption.

The hotel is beautifully furnished with well appointed rooms and comfy beds, powerful showers and large bathrooms. There are also superb views with rooms for the hotel starting from the 14th floor and going up into the high 20s.

We were given access to the executive lounge, which was a pleasant place to enjoy drinks and snacks on the 12th floor. The offerings were something of a mixed bag and not consistent throughout our stay.

Breakfast items were often missing or not replaced. For example, some days there was salmon and on other occasions there was none to be found. Sometimes the bacon was extremely well done and at other times it was undercooked. On several occasions we were told the 'truck had not arrived' that morning as so they were short on other basics such as fruit, bread and yoghurt. This is a poor excuse considering someone could just go to a supermarket and solve the problem!

Sat in the lounge we also received very mixed treatment from staff in terms of how friendly they were to my party.

I was traveling with several children and they were not the quietest. We know that at least one guest made a complaint about the noise the children were making, even though we had placed ourselves at the far edge of the lounge in order to create the least disruption. I was even told that four guests had complained. Of course, none ever came up to me to say anything.

Nevertheless, we were still told to try and keep the children under control.

I was later told by other staff members in the lounge that they had advised the one staff member who told us off, not to do so, but he did decided not to listen to his colleague and approached us anyway.

It left us with a rather unpleasant vibe each time we decided to venture into the lounge - but I can assure you it did not put me off from going there each and every morning, afternoon and night.

The afternoon and evening offerings were not particularly memorable although there were some bureka type foods and some spring rolls for example. Evenings, saw chocolate brownies left out and a few packets of chips, but nothing more substantial than that.

There was also a decent supply of chips, sodas and waters that could be taken at any point.

The pool is nicely appointed but was on the chilly side so I only went for a swim on one occasion. It needs warming up ever-so-slightly.

The hotel is well located in the Arts District of Dallas and only a short walk away from Downtown where some of the famous museums are.

It’s very close also to Klyde Warren Park where we were able to witness the eclipse from.

Parking is an extortionate $48 a night and I decided to use the SpotHero app instead to avoid such charges and found a place for $6 down the street.

I used the messaging feature within the Bonvoy app several times to have towels, sheets, shampoo and soap replaced - and this was always performed extremely promptly with no issues at all.

Overall, I was pleased to get good value points wise from this day during what was a peak period for visitors to Dallas due to the eclipse.

I would consider staying at the hotel on a return trip, but I would like to see an improvement in terms of the offerings in the lounge, and also with some of the attitude of staff members there.

Last edited by Johnny Rocket; Apr 23, 2024 at 12:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.