Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport FRA, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport FRA, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MiAAmiNice
However, the three computers and two printers in the very back of the club can be used free of charge by members and those OW members with access privileges.
That's what I was referring to. From what the FTers were saying, they didn't mind using the A/C's PC's instead of their own, esp. since the beer & snacks were free.

As for a "free" T-Mobile HotSpot option: As an EXP, if you're traveling to FRA via ORD, stop in at the Flagship Lounge at ORD & ask for a complimentary T-Mobile Hot Spot card. Good for a period of 24 hours, whenever you start it up.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by skye1
That's what I was referring to. From what the FTers were saying, they didn't mind using the A/C's PC's instead of their own, esp. since the beer & snacks were free.

As for a "free" T-Mobile HotSpot option: As an EXP, if you're traveling to FRA via ORD, stop in at the Flagship Lounge at ORD & ask for a complimentary T-Mobile Hot Spot card. Good for a period of 24 hours, whenever you start it up.
Two problems for me: One, I really prefer to use my own laptop as I can't access many functions outside of the company's firewall. Two, I almost always connect through DFW to go to FRA. No Flagship Lounge there anymore. However, it's good to know about asking for the complimentary T-Mobile card if/when I connect ORD. Yet another little known EXP benefit....
Old Apr 30, 2008, 10:17 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by cocacolaenjoy1
I would rather stay at the Sheraton due to the club lounge. Its one of the best and they actually cater to your every whim. I mean cooked to order breakfast, the massive coffee machine, full bar at night, and drawers stocked with beer and glass coca-cola bottles. The only down side is that the airport shuts down exactly at 10PM no exceptions, along with the S-Bahn. Most of the time I use cash & points, so it is really worth it.
So does Frankfurt town shut at 10PM. All the good burgers go home to the suburbs and party there!
Old Apr 30, 2008, 10:30 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by ACfly
I completely agree with BlissWorld.. I am currently typing this message in the suite at the Westin FRA. It's fantastic what they have done to this place. I love the lobby and all the classic cars.. As a Platinum upgrade to a beautiful suite... modern furniture, very comfortable bed, and Bulgari toiletries!

In the future, this will definitely be the place that I stay rather than at the Sheraton Airport.
I have stayed in Suites at both the Airport and the downtown. The airport suite is at least double the size. The sitting area at the downtown hotel has just about room for two tub chairs whereas the airport has 2 off 2 seater settees. Sorry opposite conclusion for me - airport every time.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 11:52 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by OPebble
I have stayed in Suites at both the Airport and the downtown. The airport suite is at least double the size. The sitting area at the downtown hotel has just about room for two tub chairs whereas the airport has 2 off 2 seater settees. Sorry opposite conclusion for me - airport every time.
I guess everyone's taste is different... I too have been in suites at both locations, and I would definitely chose the Westin - new, modern, and much more pleasant...

On another note, it is quite difficult to get upgraded to a suite at the FRA sheraton Airport, while at the Westin, I have been upgraded 4 out of 4 to their wonderful suite.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by ACfly
I guess everyone's taste is different... I too have been in suites at both locations, and I would definitely chose the Westin - new, modern, and much more pleasant...

On another note, it is quite difficult to get upgraded to a suite at the FRA sheraton Airport, while at the Westin, I have been upgraded 4 out of 4 to their wonderful suite.
Again I beg to differ! As a Platinum if I check my reservation 24 hours before I am due to arrive I can see my room status and 10 out of 10 I have been given a suite.

I think what I like about the Sheraton Airport is that, although the outside of the building looks like a 50s Soviet block, at least inside the rooms are consistently sized. My last suite at the Grand was a very odd shape and had no room for more than two tub chairs. As you say YMMV.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Just wondering . . .
I know most people use this hotel as a transit location but it looks like I will be arriving there at about noon with parents, husband, and aunt and uncle on our way back from Italy before we fly back home the next day. My mother's family came from Germany and I know she would love to get a taste before we return.

Has anyone tried day tripping to Heidelberg or somewhere with interesting sightseeing from this hotel? I'm wondering if I could arrange with the hotel to provide a car to take us to and from Heidelberg that day. Looks like if we took the train we have to transfer which would be a bit more complicated.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by JNelson113
Has anyone tried day tripping to Heidelberg or somewhere with interesting sightseeing from this hotel? I'm wondering if I could arrange with the hotel to provide a car to take us to and from Heidelberg that day. Looks like if we took the train we have to transfer which would be a bit more complicated.
Why not rent a car from Hertz or Avis or one of the others? That way you can explore along the Rhine and stop at a nice restaurant. Driving is quite easy in that area as is renting at the airport. But if you just want to go to the center of Heidelberg by train there are a few direct trains from the airport. Or it is pretty easy to change at Mannheim or Frankfurt Hbf. If you miss a local train you just wait about 15 minutes and take the next one. It's not difficult and the train times/tracks are well displayed on signs and monitors.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Why not rent a car from Hertz or Avis or one of the others? That way you can explore along the Rhine and stop at a nice restaurant. Driving is quite easy in that area as is renting at the airport. But if you just want to go to the center of Heidelberg by train there are a few direct trains from the airport. Or it is pretty easy to change at Mannheim or Frankfurt Hbf. If you miss a local train you just wait about 15 minutes and take the next one. It's not difficult and the train times/tracks are well displayed on signs and monitors.
Great idea, Hertz here we come!
Old Jun 25, 2008, 3:11 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Really enjoyed my stay here, friendly staff, excellent lounge.
One oddity:

I arrived around the same time as a friend. I'm Platinum SPG, he's base member. We're on the same rate (Cash and Points).
I was upgraded to a Club Room, with Club access. He was upgraded to a Towers Room, which I think is a better upgrade than mine. Since I got Club access, I was fine with that--but isn't it strange for base members to get a higher-category room, with same check-in time, same rate?
And yes, I would stay here again. I'm not too fussed about it, just a bit curious.
Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2008, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Really enjoyed my stay here, friendly staff, excellent lounge.
One oddity:

I arrived around the same time as a friend. I'm Platinum SPG, he's base member. We're on the same rate (Cash and Points).
I was upgraded to a Club Room, with Club access. He was upgraded to a Towers Room, which I think is a better upgrade than mine. Since I got Club access, I was fine with that--but isn't it strange for base members to get a higher-category room, with same check-in time, same rate?
And yes, I would stay here again. I'm not too fussed about it, just a bit curious.
Thanks!
The rooms are identical between Club and Towers and you would be very hard put to find any difference in facilities. The only one I can think of is that a Club Room only entitles the room booker to use the Lounge - no guests, whereas the Towers Room does allow you a guest.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Just wondering . . .Has anyone tried day tripping to Heidelberg or somewhere with interesting sightseeing from this hotel? I'm wondering if I could arrange with the hotel to provide a car to take us to and from Heidelberg that day. Looks like if we took the train we have to transfer which would be a bit more complicated.
I've done exactly that, and from this hotel, and recommend it highly. You just can't beat how close the airport train station is---it's literally just downstairs from the hotel lobby. Plenty of trains to/from Heidelberg. And by "trains", many of which are the "light rail" types you'd see in US metro areas, Docklands rail in London, etc. IMHO, it was a great day trip. If you need to change lines in Mannheim, the connection is easy. For the same price, your ride to Mannheim might even be on the ICE (high speed, actual "train", which is really cool if you've not been on one).

From the main station in Heidelberg, it's a short bus ride to the "old" end of the city & it's cobble stone streets & old shops in the shadow of it's castle. The "funicular" railway up to the top of the castle's mountain is cool, and up there is plenty of short/long hikes and great views of the area. Make sure to walk across the old bridge over the river & up a few blocks for some awesome views back toward the old city (especially if you're into scenic photo shots).

If you're an AA/OW flyer, the AAdmirals Club at FRA is , literally just down the hall (catwalk over the road in front of the hotel--room door to club door is maybe a 5 min. walk, the club's landside) & open all day for free beer & internet for members.

The club lounge has fantastic food & drink out & available well into the evening, should you be hungry upon your return.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by OPebble
The rooms are identical between Club and Towers and you would be very hard put to find any difference in facilities. The only one I can think of is that a Club Room only entitles the room booker to use the Lounge - no guests, whereas the Towers Room does allow you a guest.
Towers rooms also get free internet access !!
Old Aug 30, 2008, 6:53 am

Question about this hotel: I'm planning to arrive on a United flight from ORD at 5:45am on a Monday, and then fly out again on a Lufthansa flight to Rome at 12:15pm. How easy is it for me to access the hotel, have a nice 4-5 hour nap, and then be back again in time for my flight? Is immigration generally quick, and is the hotel easy to get to? I have never been through Frankfurt.

Thanks so much!
Old Aug 30, 2008, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Question about this hotel: I'm planning to arrive on a United flight from ORD at 5:45am on a Monday, and then fly out again on a Lufthansa flight to Rome at 12:15pm. How easy is it for me to access the hotel, have a nice 4-5 hour nap, and then be back again in time for my flight? Is immigration generally quick, and is the hotel easy to get to? I have never been through Frankfurt.
Access is quite easy. Just head out towards the check in area and follow the signs to the Sheraton. Near the windows you will see an escalator going up to the bridge that crosses to the hotel. But I'm not sure how much they would charge for such hours. It would certainly be cheaper to snooze in the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.